User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Oreo cookie ad controversy...

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    There's still a lot of homophobia out there, particularly among those who self-identify as ultra-religious. Sad really.
    almost as sad as organized religion
    Patty Smyth and DaveP like this.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    My father was a squarehead so we often had these in the house, his favourites:

Attachment 125201

As you can see, each butter cookie biscuit is embedded in enough chocolate to kill a small dog/make a small child puke. We usually had the bitter ones. They sucked. Most...unenjoyable...childhood...cookie...ever!!!

Maybe my parents had just figured out that it's more economical to stock the house with stuff that repels children.

My prime Oreo consumption years were different kinds of butter cookies and homemade old standards. We used to get a lot of european butter cookie assortment, some dipped in chocolate, in a coating of their own crumbs, in a bag kinda deal. They also sucked.

I remember those chewy cookies coming out when I was in grade school. They were such a sensation that it took forever before someone would trade me for some. Of course you have a disadvantage when your starting point is along the lines of salami on rye, pickle and a dry sausage. You'd think I was going to sea. Mom I didn't find my lunch salty and dry enough.

Yes i am bitter that I missed the window in life in which Oreos would have meant the most to me lol...really it's more about what we all eat and the pleasure we get out of sharing food together. Oreos are #1 in the Us and I expect they have a lot of market share in Canada as well. So it is a little weird to have been born in Canada and never unscrewed an Oreo as a child. I was shielded from the Oreos lol deprived...

Eww those chocolate topped cookies kind of taste like dog biscuits to me...The cookie part of them is just all wrong. Plus I HATE bitter chocolate and all bitter foods in general so that would have made me one very unhappy child LOL!

I do however like those European butter cookies especially the pretzel shaped ones with sugar crystals on top. Those are the best to get at Christmas time!! I also love German cookies and wafers mmmmm.
    We did a lot of homemade cookies when I was younger since they didn't have all the additives and preservatives.
    lecale and DaveP like this.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

There are also many Christians who are very opposed to the views of the ultra-conservatives. My personal experience is that there are homophobes in all segments of society -- religious and non-religious. I know many homophobic people who have never darkened the door of a church. I know people who are at church every Sunday who live a life of respect and appreciation for the dignity of all people. I am hopeful that, as a society, we will continue to grow and break down the walls that divide us.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    There are also many Christians who are very opposed to the views of the ultra-conservatives. My personal experience is that there are homophobes in all segments of society -- religious and non-religious. I know many homophobic people who have never darkened the door of a church. I know people who are at church every Sunday who live a life of respect and appreciation for the dignity of all people. I am hopeful that, as a society, we will continue to grow and break down the walls that divide us.

ITA..for every Fred Phelps, there are as many if not more accepting Christians, Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddists, etc.

Some people use religon as a shield for their bigotry...others flaunt it like a banner. I sadly have family who do both.
    Last edited by Darth Penguin; Tue, Jul 3rd, 2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: missing word
    hollyquaiscer likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Its gotta be at least 10-15 percent!

I can't believe people are so upset, nothing but time on their hands.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

People really need to get a life. We're all humans and we all deserve to be treated with dignity and respect, no matter how we look or our sexual preference. PEOPLE....WAKE UP... I just shake my head when I hear comments made towards some people. Like, is it hurting them that these two people are in love?????

We need to focus more on our own lives and less on the lives of others surrounding us. You know what they say "People who live in glass houses should not throw stones" and I find the bigitry and ignorance of people only serves to coverup their own feeling, whether they be of hurt, anger or whatever.
    Lynn49 and DaveP like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

This reminds me of the problem JC Penny (US Retailer) is having now that Ellen Degeneres is there spokes person. Many customers have cancelled there credit cards with them and refuse to shop there...really?? Do we have nothing better to do then worry about that? lol
    Patty Smyth, Lynn49 and DaveP like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I like your new siggy VeeVee
    VeeVee likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Amazing.
    I'm marrying another same-sex couple in August...this will be only my second such wedding, and I find them so touching and beautiful...the same as I do for any other couple. I can't imagine hating another person for their beliefs that don't hurt me or anyone else. Leave JCPenny if they have to. I'm sure that makes them very happy!
    DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Its very upsetting when people use religion as a weapon of hatred and bigotry. Live and let live, I never understand how some people feel they can dictate how others live their lives and who they can love or marry. Their lives must be very empty if they spend so much time and energy watching (scrutinizing) other peoples lives.

I had to lol though when someone mentioned the ban on Skittles too ("taste the rainbow").... I wonder if they extended it to Lucky Charms cereal too.... LMAO!!!!
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Go Kraft. I applaud them for openly supporting Pride. I would buy their rainbow cookies any day, and tell anyone who didn't like my rainbow cookies to buzz off

Thank goodness you posted that it was a satire site for that link...I read 3 or 4 posts and I was horrified!
    Last edited by floweredangel; Sat, Jul 7th, 2012 at 02:07 AM.
    Visit my Facebook page for updates on Swagbucks, PrizeZombie, GiftHulk and more: http://www.facebook.com/<wbr>MoneyMakersandSavers
    Join me at ClixSense and earn Paypal cash: http://www.clixsense.com/?4773591

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLil View Post
    I had to lol though when someone mentioned the ban on Skittles too ("taste the rainbow").... I wonder if they extended it to Lucky Charms cereal too.... LMAO!!!!
    SKITTLES: THE CANDY OF QUEERS! OUTRAGEOUS PERVERTED HORRORS!

Taste the rainbow, indeed! The homosexual agenda has taken many shapes and sizes, but we have been onto it at every turn of it's quest to recruit our children to the queer lifestyle!

This evening while I was expressing a high degree of intense revulsion at my own nakedness in the shower, the Holy Spirit came upon me and told me to write to all of you about the dangers of these nefarious little candies!

ATTENTION: WOMEN, CHILDREN, AND THOSE WITH WEAK SPIRITUAL CONSTITUTIONS SHOULD NOT CONTINUE!

Right off the bat we can see that these sodomite sweets are attractively decorated with the bright colors of the rainbow, which was long ago adopted as the homo calling card.

The term "Original Fruit" is splattered across the top of the packaging, which is homosexual code language for "virgin testicles." There was a 200% increase in Skittles sales when they started using that slogan. At the same time, incidents of homosexuals abducting and raping young Christian boys skyrocketed. Coincidence? I doubt it.

When we view Skittles closeup, it is obvious that they have been modeled after a) the male buttocks, or b) testicles.

Each color of Skittles has a different meaning. Homosexuals will keep a variety of these in their pockets, and when they see a potential homosexual or homosexual recruit, they will attempt to hand-feed it into their mouth. According to the color, that is what the "host" wants to do with the "guest."

GREEN: Fornicate in a public park

YELLOW: Abduct a christian man and take turns urinating on his face

RED: Spank the "guest's" behind with a leather strap

ORANGE: Fornicate with vegetables stolen from a True Christian farmer

BROWN: The "host" will insert Skittles candies 'up there' and then pay the "vendor" with a kiss every time he wants a pile of candies excreted into his palm or even directly into his mouth!

Friends, I am calling for a ban on ALL Skittles products, whether it be food, clothing or decorative ornaments! THERE IS REASON TO BELIEVE THAT SKITTLES MAY BE INJECTED WITH THE AIDS OR SOME KIND OF GAY CHEMICAL THAT CAUSES AN ADDICTION TO SAME SEX ACTIVITY!

If you find your children eating these candies, TAKE THEM AWAY AT ONCE AND BEAT YOUR KIDS FOR EXPERIMENTING IN THE HOMOSEXUAL LIFESTYLE!

MAY GOD KEEP YOUR FAMILIES SAFE!

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

"If you find your children eating these candies, TAKE THEM AWAY AT ONCE AND BEAT YOUR KIDS FOR EXPERIMENTING IN THE HOMOSEXUAL LIFESTYLE!"

Just when I think some people cant get any dumber, statements like these prove me wrong.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

The term "Original Fruit" is splattered across the top of the packaging, which is homosexual code language for "virgin testicles."

I seriously LOL'd at that...

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information