User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: Cyclists who don't stop at red lights, and nearly kill pedestrians

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

i've seen both good and bad cyclists / good and bad drivers.....so, when i'm in car i pay attention to the cyclists and when on bike i'd like drivers to be with me as kind as i am with cyclists and walkers.....and when i see cyclists without a helmet , i ?????!!!!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I walk on the sidewalk and have to dodge bikes continually, when there is a bike lane on both sides of the road. Most of these people on the sidewalks are not wearing helmets and are very rude if you dont move over for them.
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    I wish everyone complaining about cyclists would actually get on a bike and see what its like to ride in traffic....in and out of the bike lane. In fact, ride in that glorious bike lane for a few weeks and then determine what kinds of repairs your bike needs.

And try sweating your arse off exerting physical energy to move yourself from point A to point B and see what its like to have people sitting in their upholstered seats in cozy comfy cars with a/c riding your tail and then honking at you. Oh joy, lemme tell ya.
    There are two sides to every story. As far as I can see everyone in this thread is stating their personal opinions & frustrations with SOME (not all) cyclist. I find it rather ironic that you sent me such a snarky message telling me to take my hate elsewhere.
    xox2010 and Gazpache like this.
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

The no helmet thing irks me. It's like they want to die. The same goes with motorcycle riders who wear shorts and tshirts. idiots.
    gourmetsue and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

... And sending people rude messages is not cool. This forum is meant for people to rant. No one is dissing the.cyclists who follow.the law, we are merely talking.about.those who.choose.not to. ( on my phone, hence the periods bewteen each word )
    gourmetsue and julesie-pie like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    There are two sides to every story. As far as I can see everyone in this thread is stating their personal opinions & frustrations with SOME (not all) cyclist. I find it rather ironic that you sent me such a snarky message telling me to take my hate elsewhere.

I was actually responding SPECIFICALLY to your comment about "hating" cyclists taking the lane, even though they have every right to be where they feel safest.
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Sat, Jun 1st, 2013 at 10:43 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Anywho...there's an interesting article from The Star about how Canada is falling behind the rest often world when it comes to protecting vulnerable bike and foot traffic. Hopefully the future involves safe travel no matter the mode.

http://read.thestar.com/#!/article/5...n-report-finds

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Note to cyclists, there are 350 km of bike paths on the island, USE THEM YOU AZZHOLES.

Also, I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen a cyclist stop at a red light and never at a stop sign. I hate them.
    xox2010 and momgoneawol like this.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    I wish everyone complaining about cyclists would actually get on a bike and see what its like to ride in traffic....in and out of the bike lane. In fact, ride in that glorious bike lane for a few weeks and then determine what kinds of repairs your bike needs.

And try sweating your arse off exerting physical energy to move yourself from point A to point B and see what its like to have people sitting in their upholstered seats in cozy comfy cars with a/c riding your tail and then honking at you. Oh joy, lemme tell ya.

Sorry to hear of your experience as a cyclist.

Try being a disabled pedestrian trying to cross a street - good luck getting across without getting clipped by a cyclist running a red light. I've never had a car come near me (even when turning right while I was crossing), but I have been clipped several times by cyclists.

Here in downtown Toronto, 1% of cyclists (usually gals my age - 45ish) are the only ones who stop at stop signs. Another 10% might stop at a red light. The rest do whatever they please, cause they believe they own the road. And good luck trying to catch/stop them.

I wish we could go back to the days when bikes had licence plates - it might make the bad ones think twice if they know they can get caught.
    xox2010 and torontogal12 like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Patty, there are bike lanes all over Ottawa, but people refuse to use them. Honestly, I think there are some roads here that the cyclists just should not be on. It's way too dangerous IMO.
    gourmetsue likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sigh. Crazy _____ on a bike was 1 cm away from clipping us because she ran a red light as we were crossing the street legally. As we screamed profanities upon her, and told her to actually LOOK before she turned into a pack of pedestrians, she kept pedalling away as if nothing had happened. Didn't even turn around once.

My mom's coworker wasn't so lucky. Came to work on crutches because some crazy cyclist ran a red light and actually crashed into her while she was legally crossing the street.
    Last edited by torontogal12; Tue, Jun 11th, 2013 at 02:56 PM.

Super Duper Smart Canuck happy_me24's Avatar
    Trading Score
    67 (100%)

Personally, I find it dangerous for cyclists to be on the road. Most of the time they are not moving with the flow of traffic, so people have to try to pass them...and then cycling in a straight line is nearly impossible for most people, so they sway back and forth which makes it really difficult for cars to pass them when they do that...AND some bicyclists rarely follow all the rules of the road. Have you ever encountered a bicyclist at a 4-way? HA! They go when they want to.

Bike lanes are a good solution....sometimes. They should use them...that way bikes and cars can co-exist NICELY on the street. But bicyclists should still follow the rules of traffic! Stop at the stop signs and AT RED LIGHTS!!! Just because you're a half-pedestrian and a half-car doesn't mean the rules do not apply!!!

But then again....there are really crappy drivers who do the EXACT SAME THINGS but in a car lol! Going waaaayyyy too slow...swerving....not stopping at stop signs....trying to run over pedestrians...etc. Let's all just walk....or ride horses...they look fun.
    FrugalKris and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Sorry to hear of your experience as a cyclist.

Try being a disabled pedestrian trying to cross a street - good luck getting across without getting clipped by a cyclist running a red light. I've never had a car come near me (even when turning right while I was crossing), but I have been clipped several times by cyclists.

Here in downtown Toronto, 1% of cyclists (usually gals my age - 45ish) are the only ones who stop at stop signs. Another 10% might stop at a red light. The rest do whatever they please, cause they believe they own the road. And good luck trying to catch/stop them.

I wish we could go back to the days when bikes had licence plates - it might make the bad ones think twice if they know they can get caught.
    I'm not in the 40+ club but I do stop at stop signs and red lights while cycling and wear a helmet! Yeeesh! Some of the things I see when I bike to work downtown T Dot is nuts.... Cars and Cyclists alike... o.O
    torontogal12 likes this.
    http://frugalkris.blogspot.ca
    Check it out for my couponing, freebies and money saving experiences!
    Twitter @FrugalKris

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I stopped to let some kids cross the road (was a busy road, and they were never going to get across - they were on bikes). Well, a van just shoots right around me (keeping in mind this is a big kids area so there's speed bumps everywhere). I felt terrible because the kids could have been hit. There are bad drivers out there too. And yes, I know you aren't supposed to stop to let people go (they had stop signs, I didn't) but to me, it's the right thing to do.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information