User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Dollarama rant

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

I wouldnt stop until I made sure these two people were fired..... or wait outside for them to leave with a couple girlfriends that like to scrap!

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Wow, unbelievable. What rude and ignorant people!
    I'm so sorry you had to experience that!

Definitely take this up to head office and ensure they get dealt with.
    Let head office know how you felt and what they said (they basically accused you of being a thief/attempting fraud) to you and your daughter and how inappropriate it was and how it should not be tolerated.
    Tell them what you want to be done to rectify the problem, like for them to send you a replacement gift card etc. and perhaps even suggest that they hire a new cashier and new manager as they clearly don't care about representing the company in a positive light and customer service means nothing to them.
    I'm positive a date, time and brief description of the two wretched women, will allow head office to narrow down who was working that shift.

Keep us updated!
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My mom knows someone who works at another location and got me the number for the district manager so I will be calling him today to complain. I'll keep you guys updated.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Holy S**T.

I would have completely lost it on them. That is just totally, absolutely INSANE.

You might want to make a list of the points you want to cover on the phone if you call. I find that sometimes I'm so angry I wind up missing something, and you want it to be all dealt with in one call. I would demand a personal apology from the clerk and the manager.

Some people!! Holy crap. I wouldn't speak to a dog like that.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'd really like to know the location of the store so that I can make sure they never get my business
    jayne_a likes this.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

WOW.... at my last job, we had people that came in before with giftcards that weren't activated or had no money on it. we always apologized and gave them the head office number because there was nothing we could do at store level unfortunately.
    But that's just crazy!
    jayne_a likes this.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

I am sorry you were treated this way, Customer Service has been going down the hill for some reason. Put your concerns in writting as well after speaking to the district manager ask for his email so you can document it..

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

That is so bad. I've read a lot of stories on here, but that one takes the cake, or the gift card.
    I would complain.
    It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Well I just got off the phone with the district manager. He apologized and was appalled at what was said to me and how I was treated. He also said this wasn't the first complaint about this store(the one on Fairway rd in Kitchener) and he would find out who was working and they'll be "subjected to disiplinary action". He's also going to send me 30.00 worth of gift cards(10.00 for the one they didn't activate plus 20.00 for my troubles).
    I still don't like the store but at least these 2 b**ches will be dealt with.
    matrix82, linnyeg, jayne_a and 7 others like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    I am sorry you were treated this way, Customer Service has been going down the hill for some reason. Put your concerns in writting as well after speaking to the district manager ask for his email so you can document it..
    Probably because store clerks are treated like disposable monkeys? That's still no excuse for the way the op was treated, but there seems to be fewer and fewer job opportunities here, most of them in low wage retail jobs with bleak futures.

There's a reason I'm leaving Canada next week to work abroad. At least another country is willing to give me the opportunity to try something else.
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oh my god.........O_O

What the hell is wrong with people?!

And treating a CUSTOMER is such a manner.

Headquarters should be notified and ashamed to have such disrespecting employees working for them.

Aren't the giftcards located at the front of the store with the cashiers and in their line of sight? Every dollarama I've been too has them there and when I removed a card and was looking at it in may the cashier was watching me like a hawk [even though there was a big ass lineup] until I changed my mind and put it back. [see not hard to observe the customers at the til, lol].

I had a chuckle and smiled greatly reading that you snatched back the card. Otherwise they'd play real stupid should something happen. Good on ya! Most people would have been too flustered to think about snatching back the card.[I would have grabbed it too mind you, lmao]

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Wow... those two were really classy... I've had some interesting cashiers at Dollarama, but none to equal this! I wonder what other kind of job these two will be able to get? I hope your daughter is okay!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

What a disgrace. Not only the cashier...but the manager too??? Wow. I am happy however, to hear that you've contacted the head office and there will be consequences. Also, it's nice on the part of the manager to give you the gift cards...although it probably will never be enough after the disgrace/humility you had to endure from those chicken heads...Sorry you had to go through that
    Briwantstosave likes this.
    Complete quick surveys and cash out at every $20. Receive a cheque, deposit it into your bank. That easy! https://legerweb.com/2Q7V3

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My mouth is hanging open.

It doesn't matter if you have their names. You know the approximate time and date, so they can either review security footage or check the punch-ins for that day to verify who was where.

I say this with every fiber of my being, b*tch as if somebody has just stolen your CAR. Do NOT drop this. Make demands and get them fulfilled when things like this happen.

I'm glad you got some resolution, but that was HORRIBLE. I hope the DM understands that your daughter was also treated this way.

As for why is customer service going downhill... I absolutely disagree that it's because the service people have been subjected to crap. I mean yes, that kind of knocks employee morale down a peg, but I have been spoken to as if I'm stupid or worthless and less than human and I still treat every single customer like they're a gleaming diamond-studded block of 24 carat gold. ALWAYS.

There are people who don't go the extra mile, they're the middle ground and make up a lot of employees. This is probably because they've been treated badly and don't have the mental strength to continue dealing with people and only do so because they have to pay bills.

But THEN there are horrid people like this who should NEVER be allowed to serve people. Treating a customer like that is UNACCEPTABLE in ANY situation. Even if they'd watched you pluck a card off of the stand, rip the back off, discard it and try to use it. You STILL do not talk to people like that!

Submit that to Notalwaysworking. Because omg.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

My jaw dropped more and more as I read that!!! There is no way people like that should work in the public, so rude!! Thats about the worse thing I have ever heard. I would make sure to follow up with them too to find out what "discipline" they received and be sure to march right back in there and face them after too!!!
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information