User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Walmart anniversary sale soon?!

damp is a gross word.
    Trading Score
    263 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Insane, I am thinking that the cashiers are not getting good coupon training and not getting regular updates and refresher training. I think that I am blaming the Walmart supervisors and Walmart head office more than I would blame the cashiers.
    I'm not debating this, but I can't help but wonder why the cashier wouldn't take the initiative to educate herself. I would. She could.
    The experience was likely horrible for the cashier as well. I see it as a catalyst for either change or self pity. Hopefully she was motivated to learn!
    Last edited by couponandoff; Sat, Sep 15th, 2012 at 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling

FT: AYLMER ACCENTS / LEAN CUISINE / LYSOL HANDSOAP / GOLD BOND and more
    ? Are you curious ? My quest to separate cheese from bras in the Deals & Flyers Forum

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

i went and looked around, bought a few little things. Then i went to Zehrs wher I got better bargains and I used almost $11.00 in coupons.
    The best deal was Lysol wipes that were in the wrong spot on the shelf instead of paying $4.99 i got them for $1.99. The man behind me who was watching everything, said that was a lot bettet than any old coupon!
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Insane, I am thinking that the cashiers are not getting good coupon training and not getting regular updates and refresher training. I think that I am blaming the Walmart supervisors and Walmart head office more than I would blame the cashiers.
    My experience got worse....when I checked my receipt I saw that she rang 1 coupon as $0.10 instead of $1.00 and another as $0.20 instead of $2.00 so I went back that night. The manager got involved and it was so useless. They couldn't find the coupons to verify my "claims"...long story short the useless manager finally tracked them down and they gave me back my $2.70. It took 30 MINUTES! I almost left but I as time dragged on and they kept insuniating that I was wrong not the cashier, it became a matter of principal! It wouldn't have taken so long if the manager had just come down to the CS desk and dealt with the situation instead of brushing it off. I was fuming when I left the store.

I agree the cashiers aren't getting proper training. But this was also at the CS desk. One would expect that at the CS desk they know how to do coupons. And if not, by all means call someone to help you. I have no problems whatsoever with someone knowing they are in over their head and asking for help. But to make up rules just to disuade me and try and convince me not to go through with using my coupons is frustrating and a waste of everyone's time.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

My experience got worse. Got home and realized one coupon was entered as $0.10 instead of $1.00 and another as $0.20 instead of $2.00. Went back that afternoon. It was a nightmare. They couldn't find the coupons to verify my "claim." The manager was less than helpful. It would have gone faster and smoother if the manager had just comed to the CS and dealt with this instead of brushing it off. In the end I got my $2.70 back but it took 30 MINUTES. I nearly left but they kept insuniating I was lieing and that it was not the cashier's fault. So I stayed to get my money as a matter of principal!

I agree cashiers aren't getting the right training. And I would bet that they don't see that many here. But if you are going to work at the CS you should have knowledge of things like coupons. But if you don't then call someone to help and ask. I have no problem with people admitting they are over their head and need help. But to make up random rules to disuade me and get me to not use my coupons is a waste of everyone's time.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^ oh wow, insane. If you'll pardon the pun, that was an insane experience. Grrr. I feel angry on your behalf! <sigh> There is nothing worse than spending that much time for the principle of a thing, but I have been there and done that. Last time sticking to the principle of a thing happened to me, I was in a check out line with a cart full of groceries and had to make good on my promise/threat that if DD did that one more time, we were going to the car. Ugh. It flippin killed me to have to leave that bloody cart there in order to stick to my guns, but sometimes, these things gotta be done!
    Insane likes this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Fairly decent sale on the Barbies but not much else I am affraid...

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    My experience got worse. Got home and realized one coupon was entered as $0.10 instead of $1.00 and another as $0.20 instead of $2.00. Went back that afternoon. It was a nightmare. They couldn't find the coupons to verify my "claim." The manager was less than helpful. It would have gone faster and smoother if the manager had just comed to the CS and dealt with this instead of brushing it off. In the end I got my $2.70 back but it took 30 MINUTES. I nearly left but they kept insuniating I was lieing and that it was not the cashier's fault. So I stayed to get my money as a matter of principal!

I agree cashiers aren't getting the right training. And I would bet that they don't see that many here. But if you are going to work at the CS you should have knowledge of things like coupons. But if you don't then call someone to help and ask. I have no problem with people admitting they are over their head and need help. But to make up random rules to disuade me and get me to not use my coupons is a waste of everyone's time.
    The $1 off coupon entered in as $0.10 happened to me today. It only took about five minutes to get my $0.90 back, but I did have to wait 30 minutes in line to get back the tax I was charged on grapes once. It was $0.57, but I had been in line too long to leave at that point. One CS rep insisted it was the difference between Chile and California and that makes certain grapes taxable (something about NAFTA and free trade - I think we also have a free trade agreement with Chile, so it makes her argument less valid). Another said there have always been tax on grapes (nooooooooo), and then the third took so long, she actually finished her shift. Three cashiers, three calculators, and one CS manager later, I got my $0.57 back.

I keep thinking if they got $0.57 or $0.90 from each shopper at Walmart, that would be a lot of money at the end of the year.... They "donate" tens of thousands of dollars and that's just from people willing to hand over money.
    Insane likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    One CS rep insisted it was the difference between Chile and California and that makes certain grapes taxable (something about NAFTA and free trade - I think we also have a free trade agreement with Chile, so it makes her argument less valid).
    I work in customs. There's no duty on grapes regardless as to what country they come from. So the rep was completely wrong. Fruit is not taxable either as an import or as something you buy in the store. So grapes from Chile or grapes from Cali customs wise are the same thing. It's not the same for all fruits but grapes.. yes.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

WM sale was a real let down this year. So bummed
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    WM sale was a real let down this year. So bummed
    You just gave me an idea.
    I am going to e-mail the and tell them I was unhappy.
    I am going to hint that I would be happy again if the Black Friday Canada sale in November was a great sale.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I am going to hint that I would be happy again if the Black Friday Canada sale in November was a great sale.
    So here's what I just sent to them, via the comment section of their website:

"Dear Walmart
    Re: Walmart Anniversary Sale - the sale you have been waiting for.
    I am sorry to say, your slogan was false, this year.
    I am still waiting for the great deals you had at the anniversary sales in the past. I miss them.

I am hoping that you make up for it with a terrific Walmart Canada Black Friday sale.
    Here's hoping...
    Thx."
    Insane and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Glad to be of service!! Think I'll do that too
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoman View Post
    Glad to be of service!! Think I'll do that too
    Imagine if more Smart Canucks sent them an e-mail? That would be awesome.

I clicked on www.walmart.ca
    Then at the bottom of the page I clicked on Contact Us
    Then I chose Contact the Store.

Here's the link:
    http://www.walmart.ca/canada-estore/...p?show=emailus
    wolfwoman likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Haha they don't like sc much it wouldn't help
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wal-Mart is a good store for shopping, they have all sorts of cute clothing ranging from nice normal every day wear to things you could wear to the club.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread Information