User Tag List

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: SDM Live Fabulous Specials ???

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

But Caramilk don't say Dairy Milk either, do they?
    lizamarie likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yep, those are the chocolates I got. Again, no big deal. The CSRs must had a crazy couple of days. Worst case scenario I enjoy eating some chocolate which I would bought anyways since it was on sale. I don't even want to think about this upcoming weekend when it's even cheaper.
    karma33 likes this.

Karma Canuck
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

redstorm, regardless what it says on packaging. i did get points for those. and for caramilk. regardless, shoppers is including them.
    lizamarie likes this.

Karma Canuck
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

i doubt it...but you get points for it
    Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    But Caramilk don't say Dairy Milk either, do they?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  facepalm.gif
Views: 373
Size:  1.3 KB Caramilk, Burnt Almond, anything that does not say DAIRY MILK should not be getting points. If you got points, GREAT for you, if you didn't, can't really fight for something you should never have had in the first place. That is all I am trying to say here.

I was also trying to say that the CSR may have been telling the truth with regards to a glitch, because if the question posed was "I got bonus points on Saturday for Burnt Almond, why didn't I today" the answer would be glitch, as they never should have received point as per the list. That is all.

Goodnight.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Safyre View Post
Size:  1.3 KB Caramilk, Burnt Almond, anything that does not say DAIRY MILK should not be getting points. If you got points, GREAT for you, if you didn't, can't really fight for something you should never have had in the first place. That is all I am trying to say here.

I was also trying to say that the CSR may have been telling the truth with regards to a glitch, because if the question posed was "I got bonus points on Saturday for Burnt Almond, why didn't I today" the answer would be glitch, as they never should have received point as per the list. That is all.

Goodnight.
    I gotcha. I hope it didn't sound like I was being mean, I was just trying to make sure I've got everything clear, because I did not look at any bars but the Dairy Milk, as those were the ones listed online. I think if I get more I'll just stick to the Dairy Milk bars.

Have a good night!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    Gum is on sale for $3.49. Ritz will be on sale Sun and Mon for $1.79 - limit 4 (after limit and rest of the week $1.99)
    Thanks. I just did some more math.
    Based on being able to find 8 bars of chocolate and the price of gum at $3.50 you could still come out ahead with points and just be OOP taxes.

Buy 8 bars @ 2 = $16
    20 packs gum @3.50 = $70
    Total before taxes $86
    Redeem 50k for $85 off
    Get back 56k in points.

Now if the ritz or cookies are cheaper in price you can do a bit better. If you can't find any chocolate bars it would be
    24 packs gum for $84 (have to buy something to get to 85)
    redeem 50K for $85 off
    Get back 48k in points (so you are down 2k)

Going to check out my local shoppers tomorrow and see if the ritz or cookies are cheaper than 3.50, maybe I can still score some extra points.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Goodnight.
    You'll love this. I found one store that had 20 caramilks on clearance for .99 with the buy 4 get 8000 it made up for my dumb move when i bought 10 jersey milks @$2 each that offered 0 points

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momgoneawol View Post
    Thanks. I just did some more math.
    Based on being able to find 8 bars of chocolate and the price of gum at $3.50 you could still come out ahead with points and just be OOP taxes.

Buy 8 bars @ 2 = $16
    20 packs gum @3.50 = $70
    Total before taxes $86
    Redeem 50k for $85 off
    Get back 56k in points.

Now if the ritz or cookies are cheaper in price you can do a bit better. If you can't find any chocolate bars it would be
    24 packs gum for $84 (have to buy something to get to 85)
    redeem 50K for $85 off
    Get back 48k in points (so you are down 2k)

Going to check out my local shoppers tomorrow and see if the ritz or cookies are cheaper than 3.50, maybe I can still score some extra points.
    I did this one...exactly as mentioned. The extra 6,000 pts earned covers the $11.10 in taxes (you'd be ahead by 0.90), so pretty much even. I calculated my pts. as 1,000pts. being equal to $2 (50,000 pts. is usually worth at least $100 on bonus redemption day -which is when I usually redeem my pts. - if you wait until mega redemption you'd come out even better....). I was interested in the gum more so than the choc., so this worked for me.
    momgoneawol likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Hi. I posted to see if people are still getting the bonus. My theory about my issue is that the cashier either entered my purchase to avoid paying out the bonus. Instead of billing me 4 individual items to trigger the bonus, I was billed one time. Don't know if it's the store's fault. I'm going back tomorrow with the original bill and with my previous bill showing that the 4 chocolate bars got my 8000 points bonus. I don't work for Shoppers and I didn't mean to scare people. It just seemed odd that I didn't get the bonus and 3 CSRs gave me the runaround. I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

BTW it was the Cadbury Burnt Almond 100g bars. All the other kinds were gone. Just puzzling why they were still on the shelf. I bought the same bars on Saturday at a different store. I was reading all the posts here and saw some other people not receiving the bonus. One of the CSRs did see that I received the bonus on Saturday, maybe they couldn't see this transaction since it was done today.
    I bought the Cadbury Burnt Almond and got the BP , but this was a coupe of days back during the bonus redemption.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momgoneawol View Post
    Qestion: does anyone know the price for the other items with 8000 bonus points like the Ritz crackers, Ahoy cookies and Stride or Trident gum. Just wondered if you would still be up points if you bought/redeemed for these items since the chocolate bars are slim pickings now.
    Most of these other items are going to be on sale this weekend ..see the flyer posted on SC

Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BuggaBugga View Post
    Well I bought caramilk today and got the points and I know others did too.
    yup...got points with every redemtion on caramilk and Burnt almond myself Guess I was one of the lucky ones!
    Last edited by sdddmd; Wed, Sep 12th, 2012 at 07:44 AM.
    lizamarie likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry to cause this confusion. Some people got lucky and got points for items not included in the promotion. Some people didn't get the points on the promotion in the early days. I didn't get them yesterday possibly thinking of all the hoopla with people buying 100 or more bars? Can the CSRs give you the bonus points back or do I need to go back to the store?
    If SDM thinks this past week promotion was crazy wait til this weekend.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

redstorm - As per the list set forth on SDM website, you should not have received points for Cadbury Burnt Almond bars. It makes sense for the CSRs to say there was a 'glitch' which permitted you to get the points on Saturday. That doesn't mean that they can't fix the glitch, if they aren't supposed to be included, then they won't be getting reimbursement from Kraft for those points.
    I received points for the cadbury burnt almond bars.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Sorry to cause this confusion. Some people got lucky and got points for items not included in the promotion. Some people didn't get the points on the promotion in the early days. I didn't get them yesterday possibly thinking of all the hoopla with people buying 100 or more bars? Can the CSRs give you the bonus points back or do I need to go back to the store?
    If SDM thinks this past week promotion was crazy wait til this weekend.
    I would find out why you didn't receive the points. You should have..i don't think they are going to not include 2 of their chocolate bars just because it doesn't say "Dairy Milk" Those bars are just known to people that way. The burnt almond ones are not going to be right beside all the others on the shelf and not be included...sorry doesn't make sense to me..obviously the are included because everyone else is getting points for them. I can't see sdm turning around now a now and saying "oops, sorry the burnt almond are not included, but all the others are" Just seems stupid to me...But..i guess you never know, stranger things have happened!!

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information