User Tag List

Page 1147 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 147 647 1047 1097 1137 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1157 1197 1247 1647 ... LastLast
Results 17,191 to 17,205 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I woke up this morning, looked out the window, snowing like crazy. I enjoyed seeing grass and wearing shoes the past week. I decided to workout at the gym 6:30 am today. It's a 24 hour gym and you need a card to swipe to open the door. I worked out, took the bus home, because it's slippery. I was stepping off the last step of the bus onto the road,I fell down. Sheet of ice under the snow. Got myself up, bus driver asked if I was okay, I said yes. They are required to take your name, number, address in case an injury appears. Gave me the bus number, badge number, his name etc. I have a sore elbow and wrist.

To top it off I can't find my gym card. I sort of remember placing it on the bench inside the front door. I may have forgot to put in my backpack before my workout. The staff doesn't arrive until noon. Hope someone turned it in. Otherwise $20.00 to replace. I'm staying in lol.
    Last edited by toban; Mon, Mar 23rd, 2015 at 10:53 AM.
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

...red dye milk?!! I have to google what's in that stuff...our grandson won't even drink chocolate milk, I'd hate to think he'd even contemplate the pink stuff! Hang on....

Uh, huh...just as I thought......strawberry milk includes an artificial red coloring that has stirred concern among some parents.Lisa Y. Lefferts, a senior scientist with the Center for Science in the Public Interest, said studies suggest that Red 40 and other artificial colorings could be linked to hyperactivity in certain children. Lefferts gives the pink drink a thumbs-down.
    “There’s no strawberries in strawberry milk,” Lefferts said. “There’s just a lot of red dye and sugar. . . . It’s fooling you into thinking it’s strawberries when it’s not.”

I don't think anyone ever thought there were mashed strawberries in it, lol....but that red dye scares me....not that it stopped me from stirring copious amounts into milk when I was a kid....the things we didn't know waaaay back then...

Oh, great... pink Nesquick even has the ingredient: "red 40" listed on its label!!!

Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Mar 23rd, 2015 at 10:55 AM.
    Stifler likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by toban View Post
    I woke up this morning, looked out the window, snowing like crazy. I enjoyed seeing grass and wearing shoes the past week. I decided to workout at the gym 6:30 am today. It's a 24 hour gym and you need a card to swipe to open the door. I worked out, took the bus home, because it's slippery. I was stepping off the last step of the bus onto the road,I fell down. Sheet of ice under the snow. Got myself up, bus driver asked if I was okay, I said yes. They are required to take your name, number, address in case an injury appears. Gave me the bus number, badge number, his name etc. I have a sore elbow and wrist.

To top it off I can't find my gym card. I sort of remember placing it on the bench inside the front door. I may have forgot to put in my backpack before my workout. The staff doesn't arrive until noon. Hope someone turned it in. Otherwise $20.00 to replace. I'm staying in lol.
    Oh my gosh, Toban...it scares me to crazies hearing about a fall! I'm still recovering from mine almost a year ago! So glad you're okay and nothing broke. I hope someone finds your card and turns it in....have a SAFE, warm day!
    Snowing, huh? That's just disgusting....

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh toban, that sucked falling down after having the energy to go out to the gym. I hope someone finds your card and turns it in.
    Almost nap time again! Stayed up too late watching the last few episodes of Shameless.
    Lynn49 likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Nope no requests...he got apple/oatmeal, a tangerine (mandarin?), toast, jam, and milk. Up WAY too early, though!!

So what's up, Nat? Housework? Baking, I hope? Hope you had a good night, Hon...!
    Glad things are going well with the young one. Is your trip to WA for pleasure or business?
    Today, just minor housework.
    No more baking til what I've already made is gone. There are only two of us - so I usually plan to bake the day before Milan comes over so he can take it home, and he usually shares with his housemates (depending upon which diet they happen to be on).

Another very grey day out there - ick. More snow will be coming tonight and tomorrow.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    ...red dye milk?!! I have to google what's in that stuff...our grandson won't even drink chocolate milk, I'd hate to think he'd even contemplate the pink stuff! Hang on....

Uh, huh...just as I thought......strawberry milk includes an artificial red coloring that has stirred concern among some parents.Lisa Y. Lefferts, a senior scientist with the Center for Science in the Public Interest, said studies suggest that Red 40 and other artificial colorings could be linked to hyperactivity in certain children. Lefferts gives the pink drink a thumbs-down.
    “There’s no strawberries in strawberry milk,” Lefferts said. “There’s just a lot of red dye and sugar. . . . It’s fooling you into thinking it’s strawberries when it’s not.”

I don't think anyone ever thought there were mashed strawberries in it, lol....but that red dye scares me....not that it stopped me from stirring copious amounts into milk when I was a kid....the things we didn't know waaaay back then...

Oh, great... pink Nesquick even has the ingredient: "red 40" listed on its label!!!

Thanks Lynn. I assume the hyperactivity is based on a a consent intake of the milk. I thin on occasion, it would be interesting to drink. What about adding your own food colouring to milk. Food colouring is harmless, right?
    saveadollardiva likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Glad things are going well with the young one. Is your trip to WA for pleasure or business?
    Today, just minor housework.
    No more baking til what I've already made is gone. There are only two of us - so I usually plan to bake the day before Milan comes over so he can take it home, and he usually shares with his housemates (depending upon which diet they happen to be on).

Another very grey day out there - ick. More snow will be coming tonight and tomorrow.
    Pure pleasure, Nat...with the year of recovery I've had, I figured we were in for a treat, and the Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington DC has always been on my bucket list. As is the Rose Bowl Parade...still working on that one!

I hear you about the baking thing...I rarely do that anymore, special occasions mostly, or for our grandson...he loves the pumpkin muffins I make...

Don't knock yourself you with that housework, Hon...I've found that it pretty much waits for us whenever we get around to it..
    Natalka likes this.

The ONLY Diva of SC! saveadollardiva's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

No strawberry milk for you stifler!
    Stifler likes this.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Gonna happen lol...i'm gonna check it out next time at the store...add it to my coffee EWW lol jk

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

OK not in the coffee, please, lol.
    Stifler likes this.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

LOL i never said you were weird lol. I just don't want you drinking something that isn't good for you.
    Stifler likes this.

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

kidlet in bed hubby at work and now it's TV time!
    Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning! More snow today - hoping the sun comes out some time this week!

danger_dan likes this.

Thread Information