User Tag List

Page 1225 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 225 725 1125 1175 1215 1223 1224 1225 1226 1227 1235 1275 1325 ... LastLast
Results 18,361 to 18,375 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    Hey, I love the Jays !! I look forward to their games, and go often.
    They're definitely NOT boring, so don't want to miss the game.
    I think watching a live game is fun....the last time we saw them play was at the ESPN centre in Orlando, but watching baseball on tv? I just can't do it. I really do fall askeep!! Now football!!!!! NOW we're talking!!!
    22hicks, avoncallingu and dededi like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ok a gang now eh? That handshake video was putting me to sleep, never mind watching a game on tv. Actually funny enough that DH and I have been watching quite a few of the Jays games on tv and I actually agree with hicks on their entertainment value. There is usually some little joke thing happening that the camera catches or of course a much needed home run. Man has it been hot here today! ( no complaints though, just turned up the A/C a bit more )

Carry on everyone, I'll be out the door within the hour ( again)

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ok a gang now eh? That handshake video was putting me to sleep, never mind watching a game on tv. Actually funny enough that DH and I have been watching quite a few of the Jays games on tv and I actually agree with hicks on their entertainment value. There is usually some little joke thing happening that the camera catches or of course a much needed home run. Man has it been hot here today! ( no complaints though, just turned up the A/C a bit more )

Carry on everyone, I'll be out the door within the hour ( again)
    Wow, you guys have really been hit with humidity and heat lately. We're at 24, but there's a cooling breeze...actually I had to come back inside because sitting on the swing in the gazebo, I was actually chilly!!

Walks...I see your "preserves" reminder in your signature...oh, I wish I were up to doing some preserves. I miss my sweet pickle slices, my antipasto (terribly messy, but omg, so nice to have handy for winter get-togethers), wine jellies...and I still have cinnamon hearts from Valentine's Day for cinnamon jelly (over ice-cream, scones, etc)
    I hope at least we can make my sweet 'n sour pickles; they're so easy and fast with hubby slicing them on the mandolin, it takes no time at all.

How did your sage and basil turn out, Walks? How long do they take to dehydrate?
    The last thing we dehydrated were sweet potato chips for Jenny as treats.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well, I made it, and I forgot, the Jays are on the west coast, so the game won't start till 10. Guess I'm going to miss this series.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Wow, you guys have really been hit with humidity and heat lately. We're at 24, but there's a cooling breeze...actually I had to come back inside because sitting on the swing in the gazebo, I was actually chilly!!

Walks...I see your "preserves" reminder in your signature...oh, I wish I were up to doing some preserves. I miss my sweet pickle slices, my antipasto (terribly messy, but omg, so nice to have handy for winter get-togethers), wine jellies...and I still have cinnamon hearts from Valentine's Day for cinnamon jelly (over ice-cream, scones, etc)
    I hope at least we can make my sweet 'n sour pickles; they're so easy and fast with hubby slicing them on the mandolin, it takes no time at all.

How did your sage and basil turn out, Walks? How long do they take to dehydrate?
    The last thing we dehydrated were sweet potato chips for Jenny as treats.
    I used 2 dehydrators and filled up 4 trays each with the fresh leaves and set the temp at 130 degrees. My guess it was going a good 8-10 hrs but I never paid close enough attention, just kept testing for crisp dryness and rotated the trays, bottom to the top and reverse.
    It was hilarious the actual amount of crushed herbs I ended up with though, a mere 1/8 of a cup of the Basil and a full ( near overflowing ) 1/4 cup of the Sage. The potency of these was shocking so i know I will need very little to add flavour to things when I do use them. We all took a sniff of the store bought versions I have and then compared them with the home grown and newly dried and it was as if there was no herb aroma at all in the store bought ones??
    Turns out DD is NOT a fan of Sage so it seems so she would happily use the store bought one! ha ha
    We have been using the herbs fresh in stuff since they took off but I hate the thought of plants going to waste, so wanted to dry a batch just in case.
    I can hardly wait for the plants to regrow so I can do more! ( I wanted to do Cilantro but there was not enough out back there to bother drying )

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's awesome WOB, to have all those herbs!

Lynn, I freeze small containers of my antipasto, to have on hand through the winter.

Thanks to Loocie's earlier pic of the blueberry pie - I just finished making two French blueberry pies - OMG, so good!
    Son will be surprized when I give him a pie all of his own tomorrow! He's a blueberry fiend, for sure.

BTW, we got the heat back - it's now 31, don't know how much higher the humidex is. Thank goodness for the kitchen a/c - though I'm now in the room where the computer is, all the way across the house from it - and it's hot in here, so have a fan on full blast. Actually I have wet hair, so that coolness feels good on my head, lol!
    Last edited by Natalka; Tue, Jul 21st, 2015 at 10:51 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

our weather for the next week looks pretty darn nice!

Extended Forecast

Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday
    July 23 July 24 July 25 July 26 July 27 July 28
    Mainly sunny Sunny Chance of showers A mix of sun and cloud A mix of sun and cloud Sunny
    High 27° High 29° High 29°

P.O.P. 30%
    High 28° High 29° High 31°

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I used 2 dehydrators and filled up 4 trays each with the fresh leaves and set the temp at 130 degrees. My guess it was going a good 8-10 hrs but I never paid close enough attention, just kept testing for crisp dryness and rotated the trays, bottom to the top and reverse.
    It was hilarious the actual amount of crushed herbs I ended up with though, a mere 1/8 of a cup of the Basil and a full ( near overflowing ) 1/4 cup of the Sage. The potency of these was shocking so i know I will need very little to add flavour to things when I do use them. We all took a sniff of the store bought versions I have and then compared them with the home grown and newly dried and it was as if there was no herb aroma at all in the store bought ones??
    Turns out DD is NOT a fan of Sage so it seems so she would happily use the store bought one! ha ha
    We have been using the herbs fresh in stuff since they took off but I hate the thought of plants going to waste, so wanted to dry a batch just in case.
    I can hardly wait for the plants to regrow so I can do more! ( I wanted to do Cilantro but there was not enough out back there to bother drying )
    sounds great, wob!
    i have frozen cilantro and used it in cooking. it works ok but nothing beats the fresh stuff.
    i wouldn't mind trying a dehydrator though. it would really concentrate the flavour.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  wednesday-comments-1513.gif
Views: 115
Size:  35.6 KBGood morning everyone.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Happy hump day everyone
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good fine morning, everone!!

Dan...those things are SO incredibly ugly up close and personal!! Hubby asked me if I wanted to go on a camel ride when we were at the pyramids and I just said, 'no way'..... eeek...I couldn't ever touch one of those things!

So how is everyone this morning?

Nat, sorry for the heat creeping up on you again; your pies sound so lovely...but having gained weight doing absolutely nothing over the past year, I'm quite ready now to stop pampering myself with food and get on with my diet. Enough is enough and I don't like this extra weight. Plus, it's not good for my knee. But I envy you....enjoy, enjoy!!!

Heartgirl, you're so right about the weather!! Nothing but sunshine all next week, and in the mid to high 20s!! I can go outside now that our driveway is at least filled in with dirt, amof, I think Jenny and I will venture out after breakfast!! Then I'll come back in and work on my card-painting...

Speaking of which...breakfast and COFFEE are calling!! Hubby's golfing of course, so it's just me and the critter here this morning.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1.

I see the Jays won 7 - 1. I couldn't stay up to watch; way too tired.

I slept like a log last night. So glad I didn't nap yesterday !!
    But picture this, this morning, I'm sleeping, with my back to Jake. It's about 7:10, and evidently he really had to go. So he climbs up onto my pillow, lays across my head, and starts licking my face, nibbling my nose & ears. I so wanted to stay & sleep, but couldn't help laughing, which really got him going. Oh well, duty called. I'm on my 2nd pot of coffee now. lol

Nat, I'm the same way. Ever since I saw Loocie's blueberry pie post, I've been craving one. I've only resisted because I'm the only one here, and I'd eat the whole thing myself. But, after reading your post, I'm going to go pick some up & bake one this afternoon.
    Well, at least I'll go when I get my car back. It's in for brake service.

I hope you all have a terrific day.

Name:  wednesday_4.gif
Views: 99
Size:  20.0 KB

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i did...well "watched"...i was nodding on and off...i did 'listen' to the tv though!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning every1.

I slept like a log last night. So glad I didn't nap yesterday !!
    But picture this, this morning, I'm sleeping, with my back to Jake. It's about 7:10, and evidently he really had to go. So he climbs up onto my pillow, lays across my head, and starts licking my face, nibbling my nose & ears. I so wanted to stay & sleep, but couldn't help laughing, which really got him going. Oh well, duty called. I'm on my 2nd pot of coffee now. lol

Nat, I'm the same way. Ever since I saw Loocie's blueberry pie post, I've been craving one. I've only resisted because I'm the only one here, and I'd eat the whole thing myself. But, after reading your post, I'm going to go pick some up & bake one this afternoon.
    Well, at least I'll go when I get my car back. It's in for brake service.

I hope you all have a terrific day.

Name:  wednesday_4.gif
Views: 99
Size:  20.0 KB
    Hicks...instead of one pie, why not make "hand pies"? That way you can take one out of the freezer anytime you crave one, instead of having a whole pie hanging around?

I am feeling SO good today about my walking progress! I bet I'll be independent (with a cane) again next week and be able to drive a few blocks to the shopping area with HomeSense, Michaels, Marshals, Winners and of course, PetSmart...!!!

I hope everyone is having just as positive a day as I am!!!

Thread Information