User Tag List

Page 1335 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 335 835 1235 1285 1325 1333 1334 1335 1336 1337 1345 1385 1435 ... LastLast
Results 20,011 to 20,025 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Have a nice day chattering.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Happy (choose one...or all) Homemade Bread Day (tea biscuits may count), or Take a Hike Day (and this should not to be confused with telling someone to take a hike), or World Peace Day (or, Random Acts of Peace Day)...enjoy!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^ I'd take homemade bread day, even though I'm not making any - but I do, occasionally.
    However, growing up, Mom made bread and buns all the time - there was nothing better than coming home for lunch on a cold day and having homemade bread or buns! Ah, I don't know how she did it all, especially for such a big family.

Well, I just put supper in the oven, and left the back storm door open - the outside door has the screen open a bit - because it's sunny and this is going to be pretty much the last day to enjoy getting air in the house that way.

So I went to the front of the house to go on the computer, and I hear this crying-meowing - over and over - so I go back to the kitchen and Vader kitty is at the back door - meowling this sad song over and over, calling for her Mama. Oh, I just started crying, it sounded SO sad, just breaks my heart.
    I did go out and call for Taffy just in case she was around, but no.
    I just had to shut the door, and give Vader some snuggles.

It's been over two and a half weeks since Taffy left.

But I guess there is hope - on one of the FB lost and found pages from our city, a family whose cat was gone for three weeks was just putting away groceries in their house, and had the door open as they carried bags back and forth - and their cat just sauntered into the house! Wow, wish that would happen here!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

That must have broken your heart all over again (as if it healed in the first place)..poor Vader. Yes, keep hoping, imagining her home again...how terribly sad....

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

@Natalka that was so sad. Oh I pray she wanders home. Your story brought tears to my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Aw, good for Jake and good for you, too, Hicks. A half hour is what my Hubby usually takes Jenny out for, and it's quite enough for her little legs to travel, judging by the dramatic drinking of her water and theatrically flopping to the floor.

And how are you doing? I sincerely hope that your fractures will heal without surgery; that's such an invasive process and to this day, 1 1/2years later, I still have no sensation on the right side of that leg and my inner foot. In spite of that numbness, it hurts to even put a shower puff to it unless it barely touches it. Good for your surgeon or doctor for attempting it that way first!!! I know it's bothersome but it's so much better than the alternative.

Take good care, Hicks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    hicks, that's great you found someone - and that's such a sweet picture!

Hope you are doing okay, and are somewhat comfortable - if you know what I mean... I know it must be awful what you are going through, but I hope you have drugs, etc. to make it bearable.
    Thank you ladies. I use to walk him 4 X a day, 2 half hour walks around the block, and two hour long runs in the park. He never seemed tired. He had his 1st today, and had so much fun.

As for me, it's been a rough day, but a little better right now. Tomorrow I'm back @ the hospital; get an X-ray, and see the surgeon. Fingers crossed.

Enjoy the rest of the evening every1.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

hicks, wishing you all the best for tomorrow!

Well, when my husband came home from work, he made the rounds of the back alley around our house, no Taffy. Vader would not stop meowing. Once husband came back in, closed the door, she stopped - but she hasn't left the window overlooking the back yard. Interesting, since she's usually on the front windowsill - so maybe she saw something...

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Just thinking Nat. Do you put out a dish of cat food for her ? I know it might bring in all the neighbourhood, but it'd be worth it is she smelled it, and came to chow down. Just a thought, probably one you've already tried..

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Nat, that was a sad story about Vader, but maybe she got a sniff of her mom.

Today for some reason our poodle made a deal of wanting into his old buddy's crate. I let him into it where he "dug" himself into the blankets and stayed for a while. I haven't been able to put all MAX's s
    stuff away yet.

DH went back to the ER today to get 're-assessed. He came back with a new round of anti-biotics and more powerful pain meds.

He is more comfortable now.

We are only a week away from our trip. Fingers crossed it won't have to be cancelled.
    Take care folks!
    Nat, I hope Taffy finds her way home!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Tue, Nov 17th, 2015 at 11:11 PM.
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, so glad your husband is better. Aw, on your dog missing his buddy... must have needed comforting.

hicks, putting food out was the first thought I had long ago, and since - but everyone says it's a bad idea. Even though cats aren't allowed outside here, there are still a few neighbourhood cats, plus a dog or two at times.

But, I do go outside everyday and call "Taffy, chicken, chick-chick-chick-chicken!" (don't laugh!) like a madwoman - if she were within earshot, that would get her running - well, at least it does inside the house, who knows about outside? It's her fave food.

Husband went out again to look tonight - but now it's started to rain, and snow will be coming tomorrow.

Sigh.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning everyone
    DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.Name:  a9a5880aac1b9e2ca1571de6ea2a2578.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  14.0 KB

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gee, I forgot to mention WINTER has arrived!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Gee, I forgot to mention WINTER has arrived!
    We've been lucky here thus far. still just wearing light fall jackets, sometimes just a sweater out.
    DANGER

Thread Information