User Tag List

Page 1487 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 487 987 1387 1437 1477 1485 1486 1487 1488 1489 1497 1537 1587 ... LastLast
Results 22,291 to 22,305 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Cab - I hope that you feel better, too!
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    I could feel better, but I could feel worse,
    I'd like to trick those cancer cells to duly disperse,
    This battle is a day to day issue & it is always there,
    Even on the the back burner, my emotions can flare,
    Not sure if it's become second nature, but I can tell you it is a pain,
    But I do know no matter what my fight is never in vain,
    My plight continues & I am still in this revolving door,
    My biggest dream is that I will come out on top & settle this cancer score.

* I agree that you should get checked out Hicks. Maybe use that Durham Doctors on call service so you can stay nice & comfy in your own house, We want you all better & fit as a fiddle ASAP. Here's a link to their number if you need it.
    http://www.durhamdoctorshousecallservice.com/#welcome
    Sending you hugs and good wishes, Loocie! You're so good at being helpful to other people!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

22hicks, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.
    OMG hicks that's terrible, I hope you relax and get better soon!Name:  HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.gif
Views: 139
Size:  35.8 KB

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1. Thanks for your get well wishes.
    I hope you all have a great day.

Name:  g.m. happy saturday.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  51.3 KB
    Lynn49, cabmonk and dededi like this.

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Fire Cracker French Toast with Banana Grand Marnier Topping

Ingredients:

¼ cup Roasted red bell peppers
    ½ cup butter
    1 tbls tomato paste
    1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
    1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
    1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
    4 eggs

½ cup of milk or cream
    Pinch of salt
    French bread or Ciabatta Bread cut into thick slices.
    (you can also use raisin bread or egg bread)

Method:

Puree red bell peppers in food processor. Add butter, tomato paste,
    Brown sugar, cayenne & Tabasco mix together. Add eggs & milk & blend.
    Transfer to bowl & dip bread into mixture & cook in cast iron skillet or non stick frying pan.

Topping:

Slice two bananas into pan with 3 tbls of Grand Marnier & stir gently for 3 minutes.
    Plate it up & drizzle with maple syrup & use the real thing. Consume & hope for the best.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, @22hicks !!! I just knew it HAD to be something!! Like Natalka, I've had pneumonia a few times and it's absolutely no fun at all...once I almost ended up in the hospital in some sort of tent! Thank goodness that ugly drug, prednisone, saved me from that.

Rest. Rest. Rest. I know how hard that is, but I've also seen what happens when a person tries to "power through" bronchitis and pneumonia and all it does is prolong it and make it worse. Honey, there's nothing you can do except REST and try to alleviate your symptoms. I also found that chewing a really minty gum helps with the coughing..the mint sort-of helps ease a cough and I bet it would do wonders for your sinus congestion, too.

Omg, I'm so sorry you're in such deep doo-doo, but you'll pull through just fine: did I mention: REST?!! And by that I mean in bed, resting!

SO relieved you saw a doctor!!!! Get well soon, my Friend...wishing you the best always...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good afternoon, everyone....I didn't get anywhere near here yesterday but for a few seconds....DD's in-laws came over with a cheque for the trailer, we got all the paperwork signed and we're thrilled and they are over the moon excited!!
    Then over to DD's home in the evening for munchies (sushi, charcuterie, fruits) and viewing their California photos on their tv...what a great day all around! And I finished sewing the apron for her co-worker...so cute, butterfly border print, and I made a flower corsage from the fabric and sewed it onto the left side where the strap meets the top of the apron...it's so cute even if I say so myself....but everyone loved it...DD said, "Mom, you REALLY came through!"...

Now back to the baby quilt! Oh, and I wore one of my tops that I sewed, and apparently I looked "hot"..lol...wow...it's been a loooong time since anyone's said that to me!!

I hope you're all having a lovely day...it's cool here today, only going up to 5, but I'll take it because ALL the snow is GONE!! Hah!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Apr 23rd, 2016 at 01:25 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks!
    Hicks, did you hear Lynn? I think she said "REST!"
    That sounds so awful when you started resting around Halloween and haven't done much else since! POOPY, POOP, POOP!

Well our garage sale went really well! I woke up at 4:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I snuck out early and spent the morning selling things while DH slept.

Now I am so sore and pooped that I have done a team tag with him and have hit the sack! He has gone out to get an A & W which he was craving.

I got some knitting accessories like bobbins and needle sizes and stitch and row counters.

I picked up a couple of Xmas juice glasses that match some I have. - a few books- an afghan pattern book- a couple of T-shirts- and other goodies.

There always seems to be something that brings a laugh to the workers - this time it was a coffee jar half filled with sand . It didn't seem to have a purpose and someone (who shall remain nameless &#128520 suggested that it might, in fact, contain someone's favourite relative's remains, and maybe we shouldn't sell it since they might come back in a panic looking for "Dear old uncle Louis. "

Anyway, I am obviously in need of some soothing sleep! See you later, my friends!

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

OK....question. How do you keep cucumbers from getting soggy. Is thee a method to keeping them fresher? I hate throwing them out.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    OK....question. How do you keep cucumbers from getting soggy. Is thee a method to keeping them fresher? I hate throwing them out.
    Absolutely @SillyLoocie !!
    You place them into cereal bags that you've kept from the cereal you've eaten!!
    EVERYTHING goes into them and keeps stuff fresh for FAR longer than anything out there!

1. Bacon: when you bring it home, rip the plastic they've come in, give the whole thing a rinse without taking the slices apart, dab dry with a papertowel and place into the cereal bag. Close it up: fresh bacon for EVER!
    No slimy bacon!

2. Lettuce and all veggies, fruits: remove the outer leaves of the head of lettuce, then for any lettuce give it a rinse and shove into that cereal bag and close. Fresh fruits and veggies until you've nibbled them all!

3. Deli meats: remove from any store containers, place into those bags and keep them fresh for far longer than you can imagine!

You will love me for EVER once you start using those cereal bags for everything!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Hi folks!
    Hicks, did you hear Lynn? I think she said "REST!"
    That sounds so awful when you started resting around Halloween and haven't done much else since! POOPY, POOP, POOP!

Well our garage sale went really well! I woke up at 4:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I snuck out early and spent the morning selling things while DH slept.

Now I am so sore and pooped that I have done a team tag with him and have hit the sack! He has gone out to get an A & W which he was craving.

I got some knitting accessories like bobbins and needle sizes and stitch and row counters.

I picked up a couple of Xmas juice glasses that match some I have. - a few books- an afghan pattern book- a couple of T-shirts- and other goodies.

There always seems to be something that brings a laugh to the workers - this time it was a coffee jar half filled with sand . It didn't seem to have a purpose and someone (who shall remain nameless ) suggested that it might, in fact, contain someone's favourite relative's remains, and maybe we shouldn't sell it since they might come back in a panic looking for "Dear old uncle Louis. "

Anyway, I am obviously in need of some soothing sleep! See you later, my friends!
    Hi, @avoncallingu !

It seems that @22hicks is heading our suggestion and getting her much needed rest...her absence seems to attest to that...fingers crossed!

Sounds like you had a really great day; I know how much you enjoy garage sale days at your church...did anyone end up claiming Uncle Louis?

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hi guys.

@Lynn49 - I've never heard of the cereal bag trick. I'll have to give it a try. Now that I'm alone, you can't believe how much goes bad before I can use it up. Only problem, it'll take me forever to use up the cereal.

You're right @avoncallingu - there's so much I want to do, esp. since the weather's turned for the better, but I just can't. I've absolutely zero energy, so I'm just sitting or laying around, dozing on and off. I got no sleep last night; every time I laid down, I started coughing.

I also want to organize a garage sale. I wanted to do it within the next couple of weeks, but I just can't get moving.

@Lynn49 - was there any doubt your apron would be a hit, and
    what a really nice bonus -------

Name:  images-6.jpeg
Views: 118
Size:  7.9 KB

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Going to the wrestling here next sat. Promoter will drop off ticket to my place tomorrow.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

My oldest nephew's birthday is today - which makes me feel old, lol!

Mind you I was only 10 when he was born!
    My youngest brother was born four months later, so such an unusual occurrence.

Today's also the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death

Wishing us all a good night's sleep!

Thread Information