User Tag List

Page 1601 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 601 1101 1501 1551 1591 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1611 1651 ... LastLast
Results 24,001 to 24,015 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

OOO, exciting dan - good luck with the hunt!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning, folks!
    @ Natalka- That's wonderful news- nothing like sibling hugs after a long absence!
    @ Hicks22 and @walkonby - DH was trying to explain the machinations of the double losses but I am not so "up" on the intricacies - I think there's still hope for them to get into the post season, right? Then they can "Tear da cover off da ball!"
    @Lynn49 - life is never dull! And I am so glad that your Dr is so thorough! Wrt your art work - maybe this can be your "charcoal sketches" phase!

I think you were calling my name at 6 this morning- I got up and had to put some magic spray on my head. Then -boom- I slept till after 10! Something in that spray just wafts me off to sleep.

Cloudy, rainy here and chilly- long pants and sweater day.

I went out last night to get Sadie' s wet food and treats. Couldn't find the treats she likes but there was an obedience class going on at PetSmart. Might try that out for the girlie to teach her Not to turn into Cujette when someone comes to the door.
    Well- the day calls- at least half the day(lol)
    Enjoy!!!
    Oh yes, - Dan - sometimes young couples look for new houses when they need more room- she said nosily. I LOVE house hunting!! Have fun!!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Good morning, folks!
    @ Natalka- That's wonderful news- nothing like sibling hugs after a long absence!
    @ Hicks22 and @walkonby- DH was trying to explain the machinations of the double losses but I am not so "up" on the intricacies - I think there's still hope for them to get into the post season, right? Then they can "Tear da cover off da ball!"
    @Lynn49 - life is never dull! And I am so glad that your Dr is so thorough! Wrt your art work - maybe this can be your "charcoal sketches" phase!

I think you were calling my name at 6 this morning- I got up and had to put some magic spray on my head. Then -boom- I slept till after 10! Something in that spray just wafts me off to sleep.

Cloudy, rainy here and chilly- long pants and sweater day.

I went out last night to get Sadie' s wet food and treats. Couldn't find the treats she likes but there was an obedience class going on at PetSmart. Might try that out for the girlie to teach her Not to turn into Cujette when someone comes to the door.
    Well- the day calls- at least half the day(lol)
    Enjoy!!!
    Oh yes, - Dan - sometimes young couples look for new houses when they need more room- she said nosily. I LOVE house hunting!! Have fun!!!!
    6am, huh? You should have sprayed your temples and called! We could have had a good ol' chat at 6am... I may not have remembered it by 7am, but what the heck, right?

Soooo...you think Dan and his Lady {{{cough}}} need a larger home??? Hey, you started it!!!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Just sayin! But loose lips sink ships.....

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

National coffee day eh?

I do not like "flavoured" coffee, but I do like herbal tea,

Vanilla or peachy coffee seems ridiculous to me,
    A dram of grand marnier or baileys is a different story,
    & a Spanish or Irish coffee has indeed earned a bit of glory,
    I know that it was once was that Coffee Mate tastes great,
    But I do believe that statement is open for debate,
    Although I shy away from having too much caffeine,
    My one cup in the morning is part of my routine,
    Yes, I know its personal taste & it’s subject to various opinions
    But out there in the world today we have many coffee minions,
    Did you ever think you’d see coffee wars or rims that need a rollin’?
    Or that you’d be driving in your car doing some coffee patrollin’?
    No offence to Starbucks lovers, but it’s not my cup of tea,
    & yes that’s an oxy-moron, but you should expect that from me,
    Second Cup is alright & their patios are nice,
    But if you’re on a budget, you’ll pay a hefty price,
    Instant coffee has its merits but to a cup of it I’ll pass,
    I’m nearing the end of my coffee ramble, but I say alas,
    Coffee is big business, so enjoy it to the last drop,
    & I’ll see you all one of these days at your favourite Coffee Shop,
    A p.s. to Timmy’s loyalists, who will roll up the rim to win,
    That “please play again” greeting should not be to your chagrin.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Ok, let's see:
    * cold, wet & windy here today
    * yes, Jay can still get into the playoffs in a wildcard spot. Boston has already clinched the division championship

* @Natalka - that's exciting news for you, and nice you don't have to cook. Enjoy the visit.

* @Lynn49 - the change in dates is a good thing; you'll find out the results almost 3 weeks sooner. Hoping it's good news. Question though: have they ruled out a problem with the S.I. Joints? My hips ar bad too, and after numerous tests, they found that those joints were deteriorating.

* @avoncallingu - I used Pet Smart's training classes for Jake, and I thought they were really good. Be sure to buy the coupon book. It costs $20.00, but it gives you $10.00 off the training classes, along with a # of other coupons. It certainly saved me more than the $20.00 up front.

* And last, but not least, @danger_dan. Enjoy your house hunting.
    Do you need a bigger house, with more room?
    You get to make it your own, redecorate, paint, etc. I wonder if you'll paint a room PINK or maybe BLUE. You may just choose YELLOW or GREEN. Whatever, it's fun.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@22hicks , yep, that was my first thought...new knees, then new hips, but nope, good support between those bones, so no replacement necessary at all. Which is a good thing, I guess, but so far, I'll know nothing until my doc's visit on the 5th.

Poor @danger_dan ...what we put him through...

Off to camp tomorrow to probably close everything up, haul all the linens, clothes back home, store cutlery etc in big storage bins we're bringing there; it's going to be sad leaving it all behind for the winter - it was such a lovely summer!!
    Tomorrow seems to be the only good day, but we're staying overnight, not sure what for, maybe just to grab a last day there with the family. I've made a whole whack of hamburgers for the family plus the couple who just bought there, our 'kids' friends, they're so nice. Last night, last campfire...

If the two tip-outs have rain on their roofs then they can't be pulled in, so DH will have to go back one day after a dry spell and pull them in.

So...have a great Friday, everyone and I hope you all don't have soggy weekends, too!!
    Natalka, 22hicks, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I went to physio today and left DH with Sadie. His substitute nurse came and took it upon herself to walk in. Sadie escaped her collar and was pretty nasty . The sub- nurse did not address DH's current issue at all. Then Sadie made another scene when the nurse stood up to take DH's blood pressure. So she wound up in her crate . He was quite upset by the whole situation. So, we have to have a fail-safe for when I am not home and someone comes. In the meantime I am working on immediate compliance when I say "Stop" or "Stay," -baby steps. She's good with "Sit," but the "Stay" needs a lot of work, especially if I have a treat in my hand to treat her for "staying."

I have been advised to DEFINITELY NOT sit. Either stand or lie again. Two days of sitting for my visit to Kitchener and then in the ER took my good progress backwards a bit.

Lynn, I wanted to call you today but life got in the way. I am thinking about how great it will be for you to get in early - boy, what 24 hours can bring!

I found some great buys at a Freshco that I found. Cheap thrills!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I went to physio today and left DH with Sadie. His substitute nurse came and took it upon herself to walk in. Sadie escaped her collar and was pretty nasty . The sub- nurse did not address DH's current issue at all. Then Sadie made another scene when the nurse stood up to take DH's blood pressure. So she wound up in her crate . He was quite upset by the whole situation. So, we have to have a fail-safe for when I am not home and someone comes. In the meantime I am working on immediate compliance when I say "Stop" or "Stay," -baby steps. She's good with "Sit," but the "Stay" needs a lot of work, especially if I have a treat in my hand to treat her for "staying."

I have been advised to DEFINITELY NOT sit. Either stand or lie again. Two days of sitting for my visit to Kitchener and then in the ER took my good progress backwards a bit.

Lynn, I wanted to call you today but life got in the way. I am thinking about how great it will be for you to get in early - boy, what 24 hours can bring!

I found some great buys at a Freshco that I found. Cheap thrills!
    Well, my Dear Friend, the first thing I'd do in the morning is report the dame!! Imagine just walking in unannounced?!! Who the h*ll does that?!! Like I said, some of them are so damn full of themselves, it's like they're doing us a favour!! You can request that she never darken your doorstop again! Imagine putting your DH through that instead of having prepared Sadie for a visitor?!! Stupid dame.
    Can you tell that this kind of officious bahaviour twists my knickers into knots?!!

Okay...deep breath...I'm fine now.

So no kidding, eh? What a difference a day can make. Every time the phone rings I just shiver, thinking it may be the doctor calling me about my ultrasound results. If what he suspects (and hopes I don't have) me of having is what I have, I'm in deep doo-doo, BUT positive thoughts, right?

I have diagnosed myself as having "trochanteric brusitis". I just haven't revealed my findings to my doctor yet, but I'll inform him on the 5th.
    I do things like that: I diagnose, he refutes my findings very politely and gently, then turns to my DH and asks him how a nice man like him puts up with me. Ah, the abuse I take....{{{shakes head in utter misery}}}

As for training Sadie, it'll take time...you're her new Mommy and she doesn't quite yet know what you want of her; her previous owners may not have had issues with her behavior, but that's all changing for her now, and she just needs to get her feet planted up under her, and she'll be fine. You're a gentle coach, use your Principal's tone of voice, and you three will get along just fine.

Okay!! Off to sleep...!!! Have a lovely Friday and great RELAXING weekend, Avon!

22hicks, danger_dan and dededi like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

yawn....I really wanna chime in here but feeling just a bit sleepy. That nap I had just before the Blue Jays game will probably come back to haunt me if I go to bed this early.

Best of luck with wee Sadie avon. Lynn, hope you get some decent " end of the year " weather for the closing up weekend!
    hicks.....what can we do about the Jays??!! I have tried pacing the floor during the game, that does not work.
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    yawn....I really wanna chime in here but feeling just a bit sleepy. That nap I had just before the Blue Jays game will probably come back to haunt me if I go to bed this early.

Best of luck with wee Sadie avon. Lynn, hope you get some decent " end of the year " weather for the closing up weekend!
    hicks.....what can we do about the Jays??!! I have tried pacing the floor during the game, that does not work.
    Yelling at the tv doesn't seem to help, either.
    I guess they're on their own, heaven help them!

Good night, Sweet Friend...I'll touch base with you when we get back or if I can pick up
    wifi at camp....

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Where the heck do these months go? It's NUTS!

Hoping everyone has a lovely Friday!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good Morning Fam!

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    OOO, exciting dan - good luck with the hunt!
    Last night was a good night overall.
    It wasn't the first time (by a long stretch) we've gone out house hunting. We've actually been looking on and off for about a year now.
    We saw the house and property with an Agent, who was absolutely amazing in that she was speaking with us as if she was our full time agent (we haven't signed a buyers representation agreement with any agent as of yet). She truly an honestly made us feel as though she had our best interest at heart.
    Lots to thought about and discussed last night with the Lady, and much more or it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Soooo...you think Dan and his Lady {{{cough}}} need a larger home??? Hey, you started it!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 22hicks View Post
    * And last, but not least, @danger_dan. Enjoy your house hunting.
    Do you need a bigger house, with more room?
    You get to make it your own, redecorate, paint, etc. I wonder if you'll paint a room PINK or maybe BLUE. You may just choose YELLOW or GREEN. Whatever, it's fun.
    Yes, we do need more room, but not for little one just yet. We're ready to move out of the. We're just done with the hustle and bustle of Toronto.
    ...but of course little ones are in the 2-5 year plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Poor @danger_dan ...what we put him through...
    Yellow. The nursery will be a warm pale yellow. Gender neutral.
    Oh I can play the game too @Lynn49!
    Don't you worry, my SC Fam will be one of the first bunch to know when little dangers are on the way.
    Last edited by danger_dan; Fri, Sep 30th, 2016 at 08:00 AM.
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    DANGER

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning all. WTG Team Canada.
    Come on Blue Jays; what's happened to your bats.

Name:  g.m. happy friday.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  47.2 KB
    Lynn49, danger_dan and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Good Morning Fam!

Last night was a good night overall.
    It wasn't the first time (by a long stretch) we've gone out house hunting. We've actually been looking on and off for about a year now.
    We saw the house and property with an Agent, who was absolutely amazing in that she was speaking with us as if she was our full time agent (we haven't signed a buyers representation agreement with any agent as of yet). She truly an honestly made us feel as though she had our best interest at heart.
    Lots to thought about and discussed last night with the Lady, and much more or it today.

Yes, we do need more room, but not for little one just yet. We're ready to move out of the. We're just done with the hustle and bustle of Toronto.
    ...but of course little ones are in the 2-5 year plan.

Yellow. The nursery will be a warm pale yellow. Gender neutral.
    Oh I can play the game too @Lynn49!
    Don't you worry, my SC Fam will be one of the first bunch to know when little dangers are on the way.
    Good morning, Mr Dangerous!!Awww...such happy stories, ah, to be starting all over again, bless your two sweet hearts. 5-yr plan.....you two are doing it right!!!

As to real estate agents, yes, there are good ones, and there are bad ones, too, but know that none of them HAVE to reveal everything about the home they're showing you...it's up to you to ask. But you probably knew that already....such a tricksy business, asking all those questions, getting your potential home professionally checked, but your perfect home is out there and we all sure hope you two find it before the snow flies! SO exciting!!! Any particular area you're looking at?

I love yellow! It was the colour of our first nursery way back when no one knew what gender the little one was going to be...nurseries were either yellow or mint green, lol....!!! As were all the clothes we all received at our showers....ah, the good ol' days. And we'll be among the first to know when a little dangerous-canuck will be on his or her way....this calls for a group hug!!!!

As to everyone else...have an absolutely fabulous Friday!! Off to camp!!

Thread Information