User Tag List

Page 1602 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 602 1102 1502 1552 1592 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1612 1652 ... LastLast
Results 24,016 to 24,030 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Morning folks! I have just sent DH off to Chatham to visit his sister, bil and mum. He was antsy and I just can't drive for that long. My back and hip were so bad last night that at 2:30 I abandoned our bed, took Sadie , and went to sleep in the guest bed which I find more comfy. She was a sweetheart. Found a spot, settled down and we both drifted off.
    She was pretty upset when he left. Taking her out for a walk didn't fool her! She hunted all over for him when we got back. So, I have a few solo hours. With no "Trump"eting in the background. (DH likes to keep up on the latest craziness from down south.)
    Chat later folks!
    Have a good day!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Fri, Sep 30th, 2016 at 11:30 AM.
    22hicks, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Well, I've done all the running around I'm going to do today.
    Another 1/2 doz. donations picked up, shopping is done, and Jake's been groomed.
    Now, we're both plastered to the recliner. He's sulking. He always 'off' after grooming. It takes him about 24 hours to snap out of his funk.
    Oh shoot, I forgot to pull something out of the freezer, but I don't want to get up. Maybe I'll just call for a pizza or something.

avon - it never ceases to amaze me just how smart our pets are. Hard to fool them.
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hicks, I used to give MAX a benadryl after grooming- he would be very itchy and upset. That would help.

I cleared out the entire front entryway and closet. Now I am resting for a while. I've got supper prepped. DH should be home soon.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Thanks for the suggestion @avoncallingu. He's not itchy, just stressed, so won't play. He just sleeps in my lap. He looks so sad.
    Lynn49 and dededi like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

aw poor Jake, tell him to turn his head away from the Blue Jays game right now or he will get even sadder!! I cannot believe that call in favour of Boston on that bunt Pedroia made. wah!!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Have a great weekend everyone!Name:  wpid-facebook_-2125474932.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  34.7 KB
    22hicks and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Double celebration today - leaves and cats!

Have a great day, everyone!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Gorgeous pictures, Nat!
    Good Morning, my friends!
    "Doors Open London" is on today and a couple of neat festivals.
    I am hoping all the stars are aligned that we can take advantage.
    Looks chilly and damp.
    Will check in later. 'Bye for now!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning, no, afternoon every1.

It's doors open Whitby today as well, but I can't go.
    This afternoon is 'The Blessing Of The Animals' at the church.
    Besides, it's raining.

Rabbit, rabbit, rabbit.

Name:  3 rabbits 5.jpeg
Views: 99
Size:  6.6 KB
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello, everyone!! (And hello ROSE, if you're taking a peek at us!...Rose is a lovely lady at our campground; I invited her to take a peek at us....now behave, everyone!!!!
    Hello, Rose!! And please thank everyone again for inviting us all to the fish-fry; it was a wonderful way to end a beautiful summer!)

We're back from camp. everything's unloaded and DH is watching the Notre Dame football game and flipping to the Ryder Cup, and I'm on here catching up with emails and of course you all!

@22hicks, poor wee Jake; I'm guessing he's back to his usual self today and not stressed by the 'abuse' he took getting groomed.

@walkonby, I hope the Jays don't disappoint you and Hicks tonight; I don't think I could watch it: it's exhausting yelling at the tv and with you pacing about, it's just too stressful!

@avoncallingu, how great that your DH felt up to the drive and visit!! It certainly would have been a relaxing day for you if Sadie didn't miss her daddy to much! Poor little muffins; I wish there were some way we could tell them that grooming, people leaving and visiting, rainy days, aren't things they should stress over, but unfortunately there's very little we can say to calm them down. Benedryl, hm? {{{scribbling a note}}}

Well, off to hopefully do something constructive, or, alternatively, pour a glass of wine and watch Notre Dame get their butts kicked. *Not one of my favourite college teams...

Oh, look!! Wine won again!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Oct 1st, 2016 at 03:01 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Back home. What a lovely idea- the blessing of the animals.
    We did some shopping. Tried to spend a GC at Home Sence to find a floral entryway feature. Nope. Tried Winners. Nope.
    Ended up at Michael's and found a very nice kind of vertical swag for 60% off.
    I am lying down with magic spray on my hip and a sleepy doggie . Oops we have a visitor!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Well, I have to "snitch" on Sadie. We took her out thinking that we would try taking to our tiny local market. But it closed up a couple of weeks ago. We stopped in across the road and left her in the car where we could see her. (Cool day.)
    Then we brought her home and stayed for a while but went out again. We keep her in our bedroom, bathroom area with her water and food and the TV on.

Well, she had a little fit! She kicked her kibble all over the place and "dug" up the scatter rug.

When I called her to come and look, she skulked in, ears down. Little Turkey!
    22hicks, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Back home. What a lovely idea- the blessing of the animals.
    We did some shopping. Tried to spend a GC at Home Sence to find a floral entryway feature. Nope. Tried Winners. Nope.
    Ended up at Michael's and found a very nice kind of vertical swag for 60% off.
    I am lying down with magic spray on my hip and a sleepy doggie . Oops we have a visitor!
    @avoncallingu , I have a beautiful Blessing of the Animals ceremony here somewhere if you'd like it. I wanted to do that here, but never had the opportunity...it may yet come up.. Proceeds would have gone to a no-kill animal rescue here, and would have been affiliated with the Dog Park.
    22hicks, avoncallingu and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    Well, I have to "snitch" on Sadie. We took her out thinking that we would try taking to our tiny local market. But it closed up a couple of weeks ago. We stopped in across the road and left her in the car where we could see her. (Cool day.)
    Then we brought her home and stayed for a while but went out again. We keep her in our bedroom, bathroom area with her water and food and the TV on.

Well, she had a little fit! She kicked her kibble all over the place and "dug" up the scatter rug.

When I called her to come and look, she skulked in, ears down. Little Turkey!
    Well...it could have been worse!
    22hicks and dededi like this.

Thread Information