User Tag List

Page 331 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 231 281 321 329 330 331 332 333 341 381 431 831 1331 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Stifler
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Will: Woah! Carlton, whats that growing out of ur neck? Its so ugly and wierd. Oh wait its just your head
    JadeAngel and cabmonk like this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    Will be worse very soon because store starts their 24hours on dec 7th till they close on the 24th. They say they expect about 40 customers over night and be careful with your equipment then. Someone said while they're open 24 hours a day they block certain aisles off to do stocking.
    Only 40? I once went to my local WM at 130am thinking it would be dead....oh boy lol it was packed

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain_hunter_lola View Post
    So far Ive made up these cute little shower gel and bath poof bundles for the daycare girls (10 of them). I bought 2 packs of the "I love..." kits from SDM (they have 1 of each scent of Coconut, Vanilla, Raspberry, Mango, Lemon Lime and Strawberry). And then I matched each with the same colour bath poof (ie, Green poof for the I love Lemon & Lime). Did up 12 bundles and they can pick what scent they like best.

But I'm also going to get some Chocolates for the break room.

I do need to get DD's support worker a present. She's been fantastic. Essential what she does, is go to the preschool to check in that they are working with DD on her individual goals (she has speech issues). She gives us and the preschool extra aids to help DD increase her vocabulary also. She's even really helped assist me in getting DD ready for Kindergarten and has attended meetings (even with the school) to adovcate for DD and help them understand any of DD's needs. It's hard to explain all the great things she does but I'd really like to thank her. Now that DD is going to Kindergarten she wont be her support person anymore (funding is only for kids in licenced centre daycare/preschools).

Any thoughts of a great present?
    Those bath gel gifts sound cute!!
    As for your daughters support worker, for sure whatever you get her also get her a card and write down how much you appreciate what she has done. I think that would be very very thoughtful and appreciated! My sister is a pre school teacher and she keeps all the cards parents give her one in particular brought her to tears, the mother went on and on how much her son loved my sister and how she has touched enriched her sons life etc it was very touching and my sister really appreciated it.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    Only 40? I once went to my local WM at 130am thinking it would be dead....oh boy lol it was packed
    Yeah as christmas gets closer they say it will keep getting busier. They actually had the walmart here open 24hours a day for a year once. They said it wasn't worth it because some nights they took in $30-40 which wasn't even enough to pay the cashier lol.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I keep forgetting your in Timmins...lol
    cabmonk likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I keep forgetting your in Timmins...lol
    The walmart here does really well though..Last year had $82 million in sales and averages 4000 customers per day weekdays and 5000 per day weekends but holidays are busier.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cabmonk View Post
    The walmart here does really well though..Last year had $82 million in sales and averages 4000 customers per day weekdays and 5000 per day weekends but holidays are busier.
    wow if they make so much in a small city like that I can't imagine the numbers a Toronto Walmart pulls in! Insane
    cabmonk likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

wow if they make so much in a small city like that I can't imagine the numbers a Toronto Walmart pulls in! Insane
    Lol yeah I know..Population here is 45,000 and they have 4000-5000 customers per day pretty busy store.
    VeeVee likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

But really lets be honest where else is there to shop in T-town? lol
    cabmonk likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Black friday their sales were $406,000..

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

lola, i'm sure anything you give your dd's aid will be very thoughtful!
    i'm planning on making one of those crayon monogram letters (im sure you've seen them on yup, pinterest) for her JK teacher. for the EAs in her class/gym teacher - who she loveloveloves, and the librarian i've made snowman ornaments:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/18507048438847387/
    and we baked snowman/snowflake cookies to go with the ornament. as for the teacher who is outside to greet the JKs and (thank heavens for her) she helps make the transition for my daughter in the mornings a little less stressful (DD cries and screams for me still!) i thought maybe some homemade knitted mittens? with a thankyou?

When life hands you lemons, make a lemon pie... lemonade will be all like WTH?!?

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

But really lets be honest where else is there to shop in T-town? lol
    Sears, home depot, canadian tire (zellers for another month lol) Winners,

Wow so many stores lol.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Those bath gel gifts sound cute!!
    As for your daughters support worker, for sure whatever you get her also get her a card and write down how much you appreciate what she has done. I think that would be very very thoughtful and appreciated! My sister is a pre school teacher and she keeps all the cards parents give her one in particular brought her to tears, the mother went on and on how much her son loved my sister and how she has touched enriched her sons life etc it was very touching and my sister really appreciated it.
    I found these super cute cards at the Dollar Tree in the US - they are "Thank You for Being Such a Special Teacher". I'm going to write a special note for each of her 3 preschool teachers and the support worker (they have been with her since she was in the daycare side) and have DD give all the "teachers" each a bouquet of flowers on her last day. I'll probably have to drop off the support workers gift to her office though so decided against flowers - maybe a photo frame?? I wonder how much the electronic ones are???

Quote Originally Posted by gracesmommy View Post
    lola, i'm sure anything you give your dd's aid will be very thoughtful!
    i'm planning on making one of those crayon monogram letters (im sure you've seen them on yup, pinterest) for her JK teacher. for the EAs in her class/gym teacher - who she loveloveloves, and the librarian i've made snowman ornaments:
    http://pinterest.com/pin/18507048438847387/
    and we baked snowman/snowflake cookies to go with the ornament. as for the teacher who is outside to greet the JKs and (thank heavens for her) she helps make the transition for my daughter in the mornings a little less stressful (DD cries and screams for me still!) i thought maybe some homemade knitted mittens? with a thankyou?
    Oh my goodness, those snowmen ornaments are so freakin' adorable!!! Oh how I adore Pinterest!
    gracesmommy likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

well i sucked it up and finally finished my chocolate spoons. i had some leftover in the pot boilers so i decided to make some chocolate splattered and covered pretzels. yum. they look awesome. jut waiting for everything to harden then i'll wrap. THEN i have to get my reindeer done. those should be easier. SHOULD. lol. then to make my snowman ornaments and hair clip holders. then Friday i bake the cake and cupcakes. ice and done. i think thats it.. i'll be glad when its all over. now im hungry and tired. nothing to eat.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Geesh, all that sounds so yummy!!!

Thread Information