User Tag List

Page 411 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 409 410 411 412 413 421 461 511 911 1411 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I am so bored....Is it Friday yet???
    Natalka and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Just got back from lunch with my aunt and at the last minute she wanted to go to casey's lol. So I had their burger2(burger squared) which is their double burger. I had it last time I went there and it is good but my aunt rolls her eye's every time I order it.
    A couple of her cousins where eating there and said we say your burger go by hope that thing took you at least a couple bites lol.

Can't find a pic of it but it's big,lol. I know there are pics out there forgot to take my own.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So btw I go to pay for myself and she says no save your gift card to use another time it's on me.
    Abby5 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Thanks so much Nat
    my son will be 20yrs old in January
    He started a college program in September but by November he was starting into the gaming again We talked to him and it died done for awhile. But the last few days have been totally out of control
    He has been in 1 a week concilling but at age 18 he refused to go back
    We cut off his Internet totally but he still gets on
    He is a smart guy and addicted so he will do anything to have what he wants.
    Ok, so things are different since he's an adult.

When I said cut the internet - sorry, I did mean no internet at your home at all, not just his accessibility. (Yes, you will suffer, too...).

If he's got a mobile device - phone, tablet - confiscate them. Doesn't matter if he paid for them, he's under your roof and you are supporting him so anything that's his is yours.

If he's still at school and has all this time to do gaming, then he needs to get a job (any job, doing anything) since you are supporting him. If it's too hard to get employment where you live, then his time needs to be filled with volunteer work, sports, etc. - anything else.

If he doesn't listen/understand when you explain and talk to him about his problem, he needs to see that if he's not willing to change, maybe you aren't going to support him any more financially. How will he live on his own, and go to school?

He needs a serious reality check.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound so harsh, but I have a son who is 21, and don't think I haven't thought of these things before. My son has friends who have gone through this...

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Name:  caseys_img_1.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  35.6 KB

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I found pic of the burger last time I went to caseys and had same burger.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Wow, cabbie, that's something only my husband could eat - he has a superfast metabolism. Not that I wouldn't like it!

Do I remember right that you have gout? I thought foods like that were the plague...
    cabmonk likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Wow, cabbie, that's something only my husband could eat - he has a superfast metabolism. Not that I wouldn't like it!

Do I remember right that you have gout? I thought foods like that were the plague...
    Yeah but I keep it under control I haven't had an attack in almost a year. I try to not always eat like that, I don't do it every day. I seem to be more hungry now that I'm working at walmart and always moving around all night,lol.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

WTF is it..I feel hungry again lol. Anyway my aunt just texted me about our lunch and said I looked good and I def lost weight.

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

I ate 2 whole med pizza's for dinner last week and I'm losing weight.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Just applied for a position at my college. It's for a law clerk position. Really looking to get out of retail and into something that has more to do with what I'm studying (human resources)
    Natalka, Lynn49, cabmonk and 2 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Good luck xox2010
    xox2010 likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

school concert tonight...bah!humbug!
    cabmonk likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

My aunt also asked what I needed for my new apartment. I named a few things but said I don't know just yet everything I need. So she said ok I'll just give you a walmart gift card and you use it to get what you want.
    Natalka, Lynn49 and Abby5 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Thanks so much Nat
    my son will be 20yrs old in January
    He started a college program in September but by November he was starting into the gaming again We talked to him and it died done for awhile. But the last few days have been totally out of control
    He has been in 1 a week concilling but at age 18 he refused to go back
    We cut off his Internet totally but he still gets on
    He is a smart guy and addicted so he will do anything to have what he wants.
    Abby.....what Holly said...her daughter's story...was our own son's story. Out on the streets in Toronto, no where to go, he finally had to choose between food and drugs. Thank God he chose food, then rent, then a job before he became ill and ended in a wheelchair for several years. He's fine now, living on his own in Ottawa, but we'll never get that fuzzy feeling back, for any of us. It's all civilized, but.....things change...he still feels we done him wrong, but he had every advantage in the world a kid would need to succeed. He chose drugs and left home at 15. His calls to come home were turned down. He had to do it all on his own, and he did. After he hit rock-bottom.
    What you're going through now is tough...the toughest for a parent..to see their kid turning down a good, productive life for whatever addiction they have. I don't have any answers for you except to cancel the internet completely in your home for a while. We'd certainly miss you, but I know you'll find a way back to us at a friends' home, at the library...but this is life we're talking about....saving his. Ours was a smart guy, too....brilliant, amof...that thin line between genius and dumbness...he chose dumb. You're in a battle to save him. It's a war not a skirmish and you have to do whatever it takes to get him away from gaming, even if it means we'll lose touch with you for a while.....hugs, Hon...
    Natalka, cabmonk and Abby5 like this.

Thread Information