User Tag List

Page 724 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 224 624 674 714 722 723 724 725 726 734 774 824 1224 ... LastLast
Results 10,846 to 10,860 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I'm calling the Dr. in the morning but I'm 99% positive... I noticed a bump on his ear on Sunday night but I just thought it was a bite. He's covered in them today, and Dr. Google has pretty much confirmed it I thought for sure he had the chicken pox vaccine but I got looking at his records and oldest DS had it but not him.

I have to call the school in the morning too, I don't know what their policy is on it.
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Anyone have experience with chicken pox?
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Penguinette 1 and lilPenguin both had chicken pox aged around 4. They were at day-care which said they could go in since many of theiir group had already been exposed as well.

I know some places won't allow ill children in even though part of their class have already been exposed. Lots of claomine lotion, ice packs and try to stop them from scratching...oatmeal baths work too.

It's not as bad as measles but can be unpleasant if a fever kicks in.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Thank you Darth! I didn't go through it with my first so this is new territory.
    Darth Penguin likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

and its alot easier this time of year as kids can go around in their underwear, with clothes on it can itch more. if i remember correctly it only lasts max about 14 days.. once bumps crust over then i think your nearly done.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    Thank you Darth! I didn't go through it with my first so this is new territory.
    P2 managed to avoid it it both times or else she got a very light case when P1 had it.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    im looking for a really good photoshop program. that i can edit photos, b/w -color as well as color- b/w, fillin spots where there are glares on glasses etc. OR someone who can do this for me. any recommendations,.
    Photoshop offer a 30 day trial
    GIMP is free and the closest you will get to photoshop

send me a message if you need any help
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Aw. sorry, Sheets, I never went through it with either or mine, altho' I did have it on
    one trip to Winnipeg....I hope it clears quickly.

Well... Hubby bought the scooter. So I told him: no highways, only to the golf course and back, no speeding...gah! I hate AHYcycles!!! But he deserves this....he's a good man and he needs an adventure...

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Morning all...my pc is being buggy so I'm off the run all my virus protecters and then maybe defragg it..

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Heading out for a country drive after dropping DD off. I said I'd check out some clothes for DS from Kijiji since DH said its about a 20 minute drive. Just did mapquest and it says 42! Gosh I hope not! lol

But can't beat $.50 for t-shirts, $1 for pants. Hope I can get tons! He goes through tons and I'd like to keep all the new ones I just bought for going out - rather than playing and daycare.

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Oh sheets, I'm so sorry for your DS! Hope it clears quickly. If you have any of that Aveeno Baby Oatmeal Bath (comes in a box of little packets) try that - great stuff!

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Morning all! Thanks Lola He's been trying to scratch this morning but I've managed to get him to stop. He's distracted with a movie at the moment. The good news is that he can go to school as long as he's feeling ok, so he'll be back tomorrow!
    Natalka and coyote00 like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    I'm calling the Dr. in the morning but I'm 99% positive... I noticed a bump on his ear on Sunday night but I just thought it was a bite. He's covered in them today, and Dr. Google has pretty much confirmed it I thought for sure he had the chicken pox vaccine but I got looking at his records and oldest DS had it but not him.

I have to call the school in the morning too, I don't know what their policy is on it.
    Hoping it's a mild case... sometimes kids breeze through it, sometimes they can be quite unwell with a fever and just feeling badly.

Really emphasize the not scratching - it's tough because depending upon the age they just don't think it's a big deal.
    However, my son now has a few scars from CP he's not happy with having now - and he has told me he knew he shouldn't have been scratching when I kept telling him not to.
    Also, scratching can spread infection.

Best baths are from real oatmeal - put about a cup ground up, in muslin or even a kneehigh nylon, and put in warm water bath. Once it's softened, squish it through a bit.
    coyote00 likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

LOL, you posted as I was typing! Good morning!

coyote00 likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Darth, Lola, Sheets, Nat, morning Ladies
    Hello and good morning to everyone else who drops by as well.
    another beautiful day out there!
    Natalka and coyote00 like this.
    DANGER

Thread Information