User Tag List

Page 1458 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 458 958 1358 1408 1448 1456 1457 1458 1459 1460 1468 1508 1558 ... LastLast
Results 21,856 to 21,870 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Poor puppy. He HAS in fact injested something hard which is in his intestines somewhere. After our vet officially closed I banged the door down because he was bleeding in his stool. She said we'd have to drive to the emergency vet clinic in Windsor where he could receive overnight care and decide about surgery. DH would not let me go alone so he picked himself up and off we went.
    I put a muzzle on and off that poor dog so many times today that he no longer trusts me. He won't open his mouth and won't eat any of his favourites like bananas or peanut butter and I can't get the pain meds or antibiotics into him.

The Dr. In Windsor was less concerned and thought leaving him would be more traumatic for him and quite expensive for us. He did not charge us anything and sent us home.

I can not face another night of no sleep. That poor little guy won't even come in the bedroom with me. He ALWAYS goes in his crate (on his own) - he's an "I'd rather sleep by myself until it gets chilly in here" kind of a guy.

I am going to try to doze off so at least I get a few hours before maybe he needs to go out again.

Hope your Easter weather is ok for you all!
    Last edited by avoncallingu; Thu, Mar 24th, 2016 at 11:40 PM.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, avon, how rough... give him a big rub on the head for me!

I was up after two, first batch of Babka almost ready to go. Less work with these, because no decorations are needed to be made for them.

Thoughtful Friday here....

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh poor baby! @avoncallingu I hope you can comfort the dog until he can get back to see the regular vet. That was so nice of your DH to go with you to the Emerg vet though, you two must be so tired now. Take care.

oops! I am sorry about all the swim talk @Lynn49 , no I am no where near athlete status I just don't want to fall into a phase where I stop going for a day or two and then that makes it easier to stop going period. Did that make any sense?? ha ha !!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning everyone!!

Avon, oh, poor little Jesse; I hope he finds comfort with you and your DH, and that your vet will have a solution to his discomfort. Will that item he ingested pass from him? Is he in pain? Does he have pain meds?
    Have a restful weekend dear heart...

Walkonby, I'm just teasing you; you know I'm happy for you, having found your element, so to speak.. You're doing your body good as well as having the meditational aspect of the swimming..those are what's important. Good for you, Hon.

Natalka, your freezer will be full and you'll all be feasting on wonderful breads all summer! I wish I could bake that again, but we so limit our carbs that...geez...most wonderful, yummy Ukrainian foods I grew up with and DH learned to love are off limits right now and Hon, one slice of paska isn't enough for me, I'd go through the whole loaf in no time at all! No paska-self-control. Enjoy, Sweetie!!

Busy day once again, DD's b'day dinner, so much to do...we chatted on the phone for a couple of hours last evening and she tried to find out the menu and I told her that it's all a surprise and she won't know until it's served...she kept trying, though! It's going to be such fun!!

Have a lovely day, everyone!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Where is 22Hicks hiding?!!
    It's been a while since she's been on here; I hope she's just out of town visiting her son and his family for Easter weekend...

HICKS......

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, have a wonderful birthday celebration with your daughter!

Oh, but none of the breads make it into the freezer - with my two men (and me to a much lesser degree), they will all be consumed!

My babka dough turned out fine - it's so different than the paska dough, but of course one doesn't know until it's baked if it's right! The two breads are so very different!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Lynn, have a wonderful birthday celebration with your daughter!

Oh, but none of the breads make it into the freezer - with my two men (and me to a much lesser degree), they will all be consumed!

My babka dough turned out fine - it's so different than the paska dough, but of course one doesn't know until it's baked if it's right! The two breads are so very different!
    I'd like to place an order for Babka, please. Paska is lovely of course, but oh, my....Babka for me all the way!! Your family is very fortunate that you keep the Easter bread tradition alive. I used to bake Babka when the kids were young, but ... things happen, and for a while my heart just wasn't into any traditions at all for a few years. Never came back, I guess.....
    Although....things are changing with our Grandson around; I want him to experience both his Ukrainian and Italian traditions...he has quite the heritage!

The soft pink birthday cake is done, raspberry puree filling, 1 lb of butter in my butter-cream icing, lol..no calories there...I think the piped rosettes turned out quite nice, but this dang arthritis sure makes my hands sore and it gets hard to keep piping them. I know she'll love it anyway..
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Mar 25th, 2016 at 10:29 AM.

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

So, here it is my cheesecake, chocolate marble delight,
    I hope that it appeals to those who have a cheesy appetite,
    It takes a lot of work & 70 minutes plus to bake,
    You can have a piece if you’d like to have a break,
    Don’t tell Jenny Craig & don’t tell the Low Carb Committee,
    But, I’m happy with this baby…I say do wah, do wah ditty!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

News bulletin.....Hicks has computer problems. I'm going to try & give her a call today & see if she has any good news. I believe she also have internet turmoil as well.

We should make a thread with messages that we're thinking of her. Something along the lines of "Hurry back 22Hicks we miss you"

(I forget how to start a new thread?)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    So, here it is my cheesecake, chocolate marble delight,
    I hope that it appeals to those who have a cheesy appetite,
    It takes a lot of work & 70 minutes plus to bake,
    You can have a piece if you’d like to have a break,
    Don’t tell Jenny Craig & don’t tell the Low Carb Committee,
    But, I’m happy with this baby…I say do wah, do wah ditty!

Thank you, how nice of you to offer, Loocie; just one slice, please, I'm on a diet and a cup of peppermint tea, two sweet'n low.

I'll post a picture of the b'day cake later, when it's on the table....it's only fair, since I'm gobbling up your lovely cheesecake..

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Most things closed today but Chinese buffet open. I had mostly Noddles, rice and fish. Because it is a holiday buffet was $12.95 instead of $9.99. I get it though. Since they are pretty dead on holidays every little bit they take in helps. This couple pretty much work 7 days a week. Hope everyone has a good Easter weekend.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Hello Chitters & Chatters,

I talked to our good friend 22hicks today. She has been told that her computer should be ready on Monday. I hope this turns out in her favour so she can get back on line & keep us tuned into some of the comings & goings of Life with Hicks.

We're missing you 22.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

busy, busy, busy! Seems the day disappeared altogether after 10:00 a.m. today. That is what happens when you ignore the housework for too long! ha ah Have a wonderful Easter weekend all!!
    Natalka, 22hicks, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Loocie, that cheesecake looks awesome!

Babkas all turned out great - sorry Lynn, none to spare (sure wish I COULD share the wealth!)! I am not a fan of raisins, but I will eat them in Babka! I do use the dark ones and soak them so they are softened - no way can I handle the squishy golden ones.

I really need to make a list; because of what I have left to do, things need to be made at certain times. Blessing of the Easter baskets is tomorrow late afternoon, so we 'cheat' and eat the blessed foods Saturday night instead of waiting for Sunday. On Sunday, I add things like cabbage rolls, salads, etc.
    That just means I have to make the eggs - boil and dye some, my husband will have to make the egg cheese tonight, and I'll bake the ham early tomorrow morning, so it can cool by aft. I'll make the cabbage rolls Sunday morning.

We also have a small fridge, so that works into things, too.
    Plus, I can't bake the ham and the cabbage rolls at the same time in our small oven, so I have to do them separately.

If anyone is interested to see, on FB there's a 40 second video of the washing of the feet on Holy Thursday at our Cathedral. I can't link it directly, but it's a few posts down on this page. Our Bishop is doing the washing, and the priest you hear singing is my BIL - my husband's older brother (you can't see him, he's behind the iconostas at the altar).

https://www.facebook.com/Eparchy-of-...4575642946205/
    22hicks, cabmonk, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SillyLoocie View Post
    Hello Chitters & Chatters,

I talked to our good friend 22hicks today. She has been told that her computer should be ready on Monday. I hope this turns out in her favour so she can get back on line & keep us tuned into some of the comings & goings of Life with Hicks.

We're missing you 22.
    Wonderful that's she's okay!

I have a pesky computer, but I'm stubborn and even if it takes forever sometimes to have a page load, to type, etc. I'm glad I've been able to stay on here. I fear we've exhausted my son's capabilities on fixes, but I'll have to talk to him about it again tomorrow.
    22hicks, Lynn49, cabmonk and 1 others like this.

Thread Information