User Tag List

Page 1505 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 505 1005 1405 1455 1495 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1515 1555 1605 ... LastLast
Results 22,561 to 22,575 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, Everyone!!!

@Natalka, I hope for the best for your BIL; heart problems always seem the scariest...
    It does seem we're polar opposites re the weather, doesn't it? But the prevailing winds are from the west, so whatever you've got going on there, we seem to get a few days later-ish...I'm anticipating your warm weather and hot sunshine to arrive momentarily.

@avoncallingu, how nice that you did some "almost gardening"... Love that expression; I think that's how I garden, too. If it involves planters, DH puts them on the table out there for me to plunk things into, and if it involves the wee garden, I point. It's exhausting work.

@padyofurniture, nope, no purse involved, straight from a bottle. Although I did use a glass. But a thought just came to me...wouldn't it be fun to make a purse like that for a gag gift?!! Buy a big cheap purse, use the thingy from a box of wine to poke through a hole (of course it would still have to be attached to the wine-bag).....
    I think a Christmas gift in our DD's future!!!

@22hicks, enjoy the weekend, my Dear; you've really had quite a busy week, haven't you?

Everyone else....in spite of the cooler temps, enjoy your weekend, stay warm!! It was +1 this morning, but thank goodness we didn't get any snow just a lot of rain over the last day or so!! Lordy, if it had snowed I'd have made a dash into the bedroom and hidden between the mattresses until it all died!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sun, May 15th, 2016 at 10:55 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks, Lynn - just heard again from my sister, he had another heart attack. Geez. MaryAnn tends to understate things to us, she's a former nurse, and doesn't want to worry anyone. She says he's getting excellent care, being in a facility specializing in chronic health conditions, rather than just a regular hospital. Well, I'm still worried...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Thanks, Lynn - just heard again from my sister, he had another heart attack. Geez. MaryAnn tends to understate things to us, she's a former nurse, and doesn't want to worry anyone. She says he's getting excellent care, being in a facility specializing in chronic health conditions, rather than just a regular hospital. Well, I'm still worried...
    I'm so sorry, Nat. We went through this with my Dad for years...he always used to joke about being in the hospital to get "jump started" again.
    I keep close tabs on my heart for just that reason and thank God it's in great shape.

I can't remember how old you said your BIL is. He's in the right place, receiving the best care available, so I'm thinking he'll be fine.
    However, what exactly is the problem, Nat? So many things might be causing his attacks; have they been addressed?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I just posted the completed baby quilt for my niece in the "crafty" thread...eek! I hope they like it...it looks wavy, but the edges really are straight, ...again, I caution you: Please don't look too closely, I'm not very advanced at free-motion quilting...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, he's 69 I think. He had his first heart attack like 25 years ago, and did fine after that.
    However, several years ago he got a tumour - and because of where it is they cannot operate - or do much else. It's caused a myriad of problems -he's had some deficits but has been doing relatively well until lately.

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

We had some ice pellets here, but the sun's out now, but really windy.

@Natalka - I'm sorry to hear about your BIL - that's such a worry, but happy to hear he's getting such good care. Prayers for you and your family.

@Lynn49 - I'll go searching for that thread in awhile; I really want to see that quilt.
    And yes, it's been very busy for me. I so like to be out and about when it's nice, because I tend to hibernate during the winter. I didn't need to this winter of course, being in a w/chair. Next week looks to be just about as busy. Monday is the only day I don't have something on.

Ok, I just had an interesting experience. Jake's found a couple baby squirrels. He chases them, picks them up, shakes them, drops them, and it starts over. He won't leave them when told, and that's the 1st time he hasn't obeyed me. Twice now I've had to pick him up & carry him inside, but he won't stop whining @ the door to go out.
    Both babies are so scared; they roll over onto their backs, all 4 legs straight up, as if they're playing dead, they're shaking, teeth are chattering, and they're squealing. Using gloves, I lifted them up and took them out of the yard, but they keep coming back in. I wonder where their mom is; she should be protecting them, although I don't want her attacking Jake of course.
    Darn, I wish I had thought to take the camera out, and get their pictures. Sad, but cute.

Ok, back to work. Load #3 is in the washer, I need to fold load #2, and put clean sheets on the bed.
    I want to finish before the games. Jays start @ 3:05, and the Raptors @ 3:30. I think I may be channel hopping.

Enjoy the rest of your day every1.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hey @walkonby , are you watching this fight ?
    avoncallingu, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Such an exciting, fantastic win for the Raptors!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by margy View Post
    Such an exciting, fantastic win for the Raptors!!
    It sure was, and so decisive.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I just posted the completed baby quilt for my niece in the "crafty" thread...eek! I hope they like it...it looks wavy, but the edges really are straight, ...again, I caution you: Please don't look too closely, I'm not very advanced at free-motion quilting...
    From the looks of all the replies I think they LOVE it Lynn!
    It is beautiful!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning gang!
    Crisp Monday morning...Sun's making its way up in the east...
    Have a great start to the work week (or just another week for those of you who are retire...jealous!)

DANGER

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good morning everyone.Name:  Its-Monday-Again-Have-Great-Week.gif
Views: 148
Size:  125.6 KB

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good morning every1. Boy, another cold one brrrr....
    Well, that w/end went by so quickly, I need another day.
    Whether you're stuck @ work or not, I hope your day goes well.

Name:  is it really Monday.jpeg
Views: 134
Size:  37.6 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!!
    "The boys" (DH and SIL) have left for camp, more tidying up for us,opening up for them so it's just Jenny and I here today and thank goodness she stopped crying at the door!! She knows now (because we've done it once already this year) that when things get piled at the front door, it means camping time! Only this time she couldn't get into the truck and was left behind...poor critter...We'll be there in a couple of days for the long weekend with the kids and their friends and their two kids over the weekend. Should be fun!

I hope Monday is kind to all of you!!!
    @22hicks ...this one's for you in particular...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So if anyone's bored and wants a career change here you go!

For a mere $20....$20!!!! my Friends!!, choose your new career path, take the on-line course and hang up that shingle!!!

Choose from Five Options

Each course takes up to 150 hours to complete from home online. After the course, students complete quizzes and essays in order to pass an assessment. Once the assessment’s completed, students can obtain insurance to practice. All courses are certified by the International Association of NLP & Coaching and International Alliance of Holistic Therapists and are accredited by the Complementary Medical Association.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/centre...e-1054-sudbury

Thread Information