User Tag List

Page 1618 of 1686 FirstFirst ... 618 1118 1518 1568 1608 1616 1617 1618 1619 1620 1628 1668 ... LastLast
Results 24,256 to 24,270 of 25288
Like Tree75382Likes

Thread: Chat-A-Thon Thread

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Lynn??? really? You never heard about Auston Mathews scoring 4 goals on his first NHL game for the Leafs?? NEVER happened EVER before....not even " the great one " did that!!

babies teach us acceptance

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

some-one needs to eat a large portion of MYOB followed by drinking a strong shot of STFU.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Oh my! Darth! You seem upset!

Today I pushed DH in a wheelchair from one end of the hospital to the other before I decided to ask for a porter on the way back. Now my feet and back are killing me so I am now lying down.
    His PIC line went in well and he got his chemo fine. He slept while I ran around town to walk the dog and pick up meds which weren't there.
    Forgot to close the patio door in our bedroom where Sadie stays when we are gone . She expressed her disapproval by clawing holes in the screen. Good thing she didn't make it onto the balcony or she might have jumped! (Don't be in such a hurry,Avon!)
    The rain is threatening here but hasn't come to anything yet.
    26 degrees today!
    I am going to rest a bit.
    Catch y'all later!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, there's just a bit left - we get flurries every few days, but they melt. However, it's just hovering around zero, going below for nights.
    Dull and dreary - which is the worst of it all! I need SUN!

C'mon Jays, you guys can do this!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

avon, hoping your husband tolerates the chemo okay - you two are in my prayers every day.

Wowsers on the temps you guys are getting! If I remember right from my niece who moved to London last summer, it was snowless Christmas Eve when she came here to Saskatoon (we had snow and -20s) but this is her in London Feb. 13 of this year (yes, she's a doctor, but still a kid at heart who was out shoveling and made a snowchair!)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

It was a very good thing that Sadie didn't get to the balcony!

I don't remember if I told this story before, but it's appropriate here...

When I was like halfway through my pregnancy with Milan, we had moved from North Battleford to Lloydminster - which was in a boom because of the oil at that time, and the only place we could find to live was an apartment - vacancy rates were under one per cent, and if you didn't take a place when you saw it, you lost it.

Anyway, so we were on the second floor. It was summertime and hot, even with the a/c blasting - and one night I was just really uncomfortable and hot, so I went to lie down on the couch in the living room so I could be right by the air conditioning.

So I fell asleep, but woke up in a start - like something was wrong. I looked out in front of me, and there the screen was busted off the patio door. I went to it - and there, down below in the parking lot, was one of our cats, meowing his head off and looking up at me! He looked so tiny so far down like that...

I woke up my husband, who got up and went down there to get him - I was so worried of course that the cat was hurt, or if he weren't - that he would have taken off into the woods that our apartment building was near.

Cat was totally fine - and we were left with the mystery of what the heck spooked him that he ran so hard toward the patio screen that he got through it - because it wasn't like he lifted off a loose end and got through - it was crashed through.
    Crazy story, eh?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

OMG!!! The fat Lady did not sing....so it ain't over yet!! !! JAYS WIN!!!!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Happy Valentines Day ! Oiy! Maybe we have run into your niece - we frequent most hospitals around here! Thanks for your good wishes and prayers, Nat!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    A FB friend of mine commented about getting a new set of drugs for her depression. Cue another of her friends talking about running in the fresh air, foodbabe, Avacardoman and mercola..Totally nothing to do with the diagnosis but just shrilling all the use turmeric, colloidal silver and other woo..

Any-one who disagreed with her was a "Shrill from Big Pharma"...Eventually the other friend was blocked but it was painful ...

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Happy Valentines Day ! Oiy! Maybe we have run into your niece - we frequent most hospitals around here! Thanks for your good wishes and prayers, Nat!

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
    She's a general surgery resident at Western University
    She's the last one on this page

http://www.lhsc.on.ca/About_Us/Thora...tResidents.htm

Her husband is in the PhD program there, in microbiology and immunology - they are a couple of smartypants, literally!

So great that the Blue Jays won!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Lynn??? really? You never heard about Auston Mathews scoring 4 goals on his first NHL game for the Leafs?? NEVER happened EVER before....not even " the great one " did that!!
    YES!! Actually...are you sitting?...we were actually WATCHING that game!! Up until he scored the first 2 goals!! Uh-hun...weird, I know, but I'm trying to enjoy the game. It's a slow process, but it's something to fill Saturday nights..

Oh! And by "the great one" you mean Gretzky, right? Yep....I know stuff, too...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    A FB friend of mine commented about getting a new set of drugs for her depression. Cue another of her friends talking about running in the fresh air, foodbabe, Avacardoman and mercola..Totally nothing to do with the diagnosis but just shrilling all the use turmeric, colloidal silver and other woo..

Any-one who disagreed with her was a "Shrill from Big Pharma"...Eventually the other friend was blocked but it was painful ...
    Ugh!! This is the honest truth, @Darth Penguin ....I just became aware of curcumin in tumeric because of researching my own new diagnosis (17% hardening of my arteries in my left ankle) and there's so much out there about its benefits but I didn't want to tell people generally, so I just emailed a couple of people who I felt I could trust, to share my new-found wisdom..

That "friend" should be boiled in her own pudding for those suggestions, which minimizes your friend's battle with depression! It's like the old "shake it off", "dance in the rain" platitudes one sees in so many memes these days! Good thing it wasn't directed at any of my friends....some on here know how my knickers can get in a twist pretty darn quickly!
    So sorry your friend had to endure that, Darth.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Today I pushed DH in a wheelchair from one end of the hospital to the other before I decided to ask for a porter on the way back. Now my feet and back are killing me so I am now lying down.
    His PIC line went in well and he got his chemo fine. He slept while I ran around town to walk the dog and pick up meds which weren't there.
    Forgot to close the patio door in our bedroom where Sadie stays when we are gone . She expressed her disapproval by clawing holes in the screen. Good thing she didn't make it onto the balcony or she might have jumped! (Don't be in such a hurry,Avon!)
    The rain is threatening here but hasn't come to anything yet.
    26 degrees today!
    I am going to rest a bit.
    Catch y'all later!
    I know you know I'm with you in spirit, prayers and heart...
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Oct 18th, 2016 at 09:19 PM.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Tumeric seems to be the new St John's wort..cures everything given enough time..and if you aren't cured it's because you aren't thinking hard enough .....

I have my hopefully last operation tomorrow..

I think my cataracts are due to the lack of Epsom Salt eye baths or the fact I drink dihydrogen monoxide on a regular basis...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Tumeric seems to be the new St John's wort..cures everything given enough time..and if you aren't cured it's because you aren't thinking hard enough .....

I have my hopefully last operation tomorrow..

I think my cataracts are due to the lack of Epsom Salt eye baths or the fact I drink dihydrogen monoxide on a regular basis...

Best wishes for a successful surgery tomorrow, @darth vader !

Thread Information