User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: Cadbury Surprise

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gameprogirl View Post
    Forgive me for intruding but I really don't believe anyone is calling you a liar. The situation in every town is different. I have chocolate galore here where as everyone else seems to be cleared out. Your issues are with your stores, and the management in particular. I think the line they handed you is wrong and very unfair. They should honor their sales promotion in all stores, but they do have the right to limit quantities.

I'm sorry your going through this and I understand it's frustrating but it's your stores that are doing it, and it's not across Canada that this is occurring. They have not cancelled the promo here or in many other towns.
    +1 and when it happened in my store, SDM asked for receipt numbers and gave us more points than the promo gave and made it right with those who were refused service. SDM CS in general stinks, but they do tend to make issues like this right. It is false advertising otherwise, something that can cost them big in BBB complaints, civil suits and even their business license!
    lightspray likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well I picked up 4 on the way home and I was looked at like I was ridiculous from the cashier for just 4. I cannot imagine how the people buying 100 were treated by the cashiers. I actually had to ask if they had any more because they only had one of each kind on the shelf - they were all under one of the tills.
    pippinelkhound likes this.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Now the rules have been changed on the chocolate promo most likely due to extreme purchases . It would have been nice to at least get 4

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So for those who thought that SDM didn’t really care about impact of their marketing “blunder” and for those who thought that it’s a marketing strategy to promote their Optimum rewards program, we just found out that it's not the case exactly.

SDM clearly made a huge booboo on this Kraft promo resulting in a massive abuse of the rewards program by some people.

I really can’t blame them for pulling the plug and change the terms of this promo. Every business wants to earn and double their profit and not to lose money.

Thanks to all the hoarders and abusers for ruining this great promo!!! It’s just a matter of time…what you sow you reap.

“There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed”…Mahatma Gandhi
    Last edited by Cuckoobird; Fri, Sep 14th, 2012 at 03:50 PM.

CouponNewbie
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post

I really can’t blame them for pulling the plug and change the terms of this promo. Every business wants to earn and double their profit and not to lose money.

Thanks to all the hoarders and abusers for ruining this great promo!!! It’s just a matter of time…what you sow you reap.

“There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed”…Mahatma Gandhi
    I agree!!

I hope Shopper's takes away the points earned. They probably won't...but it would be nice to see karma come around for all the people who needed to buy 100+ chocolate bars only to sell them on kijiji to profit.

When Shopper's sees that someone spent $100 on chocolate bars and got more than $100 in points, i think they'll see that as a problem. Stories like this completely turn me off from couponing. I'd rather pay full price then resort to some of the things people do to save a buck.

And to make matters worse, Shopper's now has to pay employees at Head Office to hear complaints from the people that tried to rip them off/ abuse the optimum point system.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Wow...there are a whole lot of opinions in this thread.

SDM either has complete morons in their marketing departments - since this is not the first time, by any means, that they have FUBARed their own promotions by not wording things carefully - or they just don't give a damn about pissing off their loyal Optimum card users.

Certainly, I would agree that several hundred bars of chocolate is excessive, for most people. But I know that I personally have acquired (at different stores and without shelf-clearing, because that's how I personally prefer to shop) 24 bars, and have given away 16 of them already. For the most part, I'll be using the points I got for donations at Christmas (and yes, some of the points will be for me to buy presents for friends and family).

I don't have a massive family that would be able to reasonably consume six or seven bars of this stuff per week (as a treat a few pieces at a time) or trick-or-treaters (sadly!). But I also wouldn't assume that people who DO buy more than I have are out to "work the system". Some are, some aren't.

I'm "working the system" to a degree, but my reasons are about 85% for altruistic purposes. Does that make me better or worse than the next person? Not at all. If, say, I had a bakery and an Optimum card, I would be all over this deal like a wet shirt, because it would help me increase my profit margins. If I didn't have enough money to treat myself to a chocolate bar whenever I felt like it, but knew that chocolate lifted my spirits on a crappy day, I would stock up when the BPs made it especially beneficial to do so, if I had some cash lying around.

I still wouldn't shelf-clear, and I still wouldn't buy more than I needed, because that's how I am. I don't feel like it's any different than keeping a stockpile other items we all buy on hand. What's reasonable in terms of stockpile size is relative. I have a small condo; my stockpiles are smaller than one of my friends, who has a large area of her basement set aside for her dry goods stockpile. I keep enough for myself and two or three other people; she maintains levels appropriate for her entire extended family. It's always relative.

The whole reselling thing baffles me - I would never buy something like that from "some guy on the internet" because of possible tampering issues. That kind of thing needs to be reported to Kijiji or Craigslist or wherever; the posters are not authorized re-sellers, plain and simple, all the other issues completely aside.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well now that the chocolate frenzy is over, onto Canadian Tire. Lets see how many people will use this promo correctly. One per person. I am sure there will be lots of brags about all the free stuff people get today and tomorrow!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabby40 View Post
    Well now that the chocolate frenzy is over, onto Canadian Tire. Lets see how many people will use this promo correctly. One per person. I am sure there will be lots of brags about all the free stuff people get today and tomorrow!
    What free stuff at canadian tire?..crap! i just come from there tonight and didnt see nothing worth bragging about. I must be going blind!
    thriftygranny likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

wow :S

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    166 (100%)

I sit here, eating my free (of 6 only - lol) dark chocolate fruit and nut bar, and am thinking the people selling these things are crazy. Chocolate is great, but when its free, its irresistable. how can one possibly sell it!?!?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

As long as it doesn't intefere with my life, I don't give a rat's fuzzy backside what people do with stuff like this. Bigger stuff in life to worry about.
    Just call me Wolfie

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I just hate the fact that people b**** about things like P&G not offering awesome coupons anymore, yet when an opportunity arises to screw the system, they screw it hard and fast, then sit back wondering why there are no rewards at the end.
    Last edited by young-one19; Thu, Sep 20th, 2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Too much ranting.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cmenard1 <- Join me on SwagBucks!!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread Information