User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: Cadbury Surprise

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Eva-M View Post
    I wonder how can Shoppers make indictment for items that are sold from other stores. I understand claiming for "Life" products but other brands? huh!
    I have no idea unless they track the person(s) that actually place ads stating " I just bought theses at SDM.

putting the kettle on.. sweetproserpina's Avatar
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I'm just bummed that all my Shoppers in town have been totally cleared out- tried on Sunday, tried again today hoping they'd restock, nope. I just wanted 8...
    pippinelkhound and harbie like this.
    I love free books! Earn points at Swagbucks and get great Amazon GCs or Paypal $$.
    RLF: Goldfish!!, Butter, Astro Yogurt, Triscuit Thincrisps...

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    I have no idea unless they track the person(s) that actually place ads stating " I just bought theses at SDM.
    There are several they say "I just bought these for the points"
    pippinelkhound and Eva-M like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Shoppers should put a limit on the bars. I really don't understand why they don't. But because they don't people (including myself) will buy much more than we can eat. Although, to be honest, the bars are insanely good. At this rate, I actually will go through them all myself haha... couple a day everyday... good for society, my dentist is loving this promo!
    harbie, Eva-M and thriftygranny like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thing is, I don't get the flyers, I just ambled into SDM this morning looking for a fix, er, Fruit and Nut bar. The shelves were cleared, so I tried the SDM next to the bank that was my next stop (very unorganized morning) and so on. I've been on nightshift for the last week, so checking the flyers is the last thing on my mind.

So yes, I snoozed, but honestly, if you've never worked nightshift, you have no idea of the need for sleep and treats.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
    Shoppers should put a limit on the bars. I really don't understand why they don't. But because they don't people (including myself) will buy much more than we can eat. Although, to be honest, the bars are insanely good. At this rate, I actually will go through them all myself haha... couple a day everyday... good for society, my dentist is loving this promo!
    I agree somewhat that SDM should have limits ( meaning I probably would have used all the coupons I had and stocked up on the peanut butter pretzel ones since I love these waaaaaay too much but didn't since I can't eat them now after dental surgery but it's more of the selling that I personally don't like. I'm all for stocking up for gifts/holidays etc....

Dentists must have been in on the promo with Cadbury and SDM lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

we all can sit here and put down the people trying to turn a few bucks, but why dont we sit here and put down min wage because we cant make a living doing that , its a joke that its this way . But id rather have someone selling these bars on kijiji than selling crack wouldnt you ? Anyone who is selling choc good for you as these days you gotta do what you gotta do to survive as jobs are leaving this country and all thats left is min wage jobs like Tim Hortons who alot of scers love but pound the workers into the ground while they make billions at the top in profit . Lets just stop and think a bit before we judge. Next time you go to tims think of those workers grinding it and treated liek crap so a guy at the top can have billions .
    frugallady19 and Judyhill like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Eva-M View Post
    I wonder how can Shoppers make indictment for items that are sold from other stores. I understand claiming for "Life" products but other brands? huh!
    Well...my SDM has started put stickers on most of their product, stating that the item was intended for sale at SDM, and if you see it being sold elsewhere....
    Not that you can't take the sticker off....
    thriftygranny likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mutchdutch View Post
    Well...my SDM has started put stickers on most of their product, stating that the item was intended for sale at SDM, and if you see it being sold elsewhere....
    Not that you can't take the sticker off....
    I've seen these stickers as well, usually on more expensive items like prestige perfume and even razors

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chantel View Post
    For me it's just personal feeling. I've been hit hard by manufacturers stopping stacking because people were reselling what they bought at LD for free, so I'm a little touchy on the subject.
    I concur.....my local LD told me the same thing....it's unfortunate, this behaviour ruins it for everyone.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leavitts77 View Post
    we all can sit here and put down the people trying to turn a few bucks, but why dont we sit here and put down min wage because we cant make a living doing that , its a joke that its this way . But id rather have someone selling these bars on kijiji than selling crack wouldnt you ? Anyone who is selling choc good for you as these days you gotta do what you gotta do to survive as jobs are leaving this country and all thats left is min wage jobs like Tim Hortons who alot of scers love but pound the workers into the ground while they make billions at the top in profit . Lets just stop and think a bit before we judge. Next time you go to tims think of those workers grinding it and treated liek crap so a guy at the top can have billions .
    Really? I doubt the people sellig chocolate bars would be doing that or crack. Just because earning min wage is tough (and yes I have been in that postion) that doesn't mean that it's ok to go against the rules/laws. With that kind of reasoning I could say "well, my neighbour drives a brand new luxury car, goes on vacations 4-5 times a year and he just bought a boat to use at the cottage they own and I make min wage and I find it hard to make ends meat so I'm gonna do something that clearly it says not to do just because I need/want it.

I happen to live in one of the highest cost of living provinces, there was a time my DH was layed off and I never sold stockpile stuff for profit or things like theses chocolate bars. Why? Because the TOA clearly state that is not what the promo is meant for. Again, I have ZERO issue with people getting many bars or even getting the points but it is the selling of them that I don't agree with as with many others.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    154 (100%)

I gave 99% of the Cadbury bars to my mother in law to give out for Halloween, as we won't be home to give them out.

[QUOTE=thriftygranny;4954568] I just find the whole selling of chocolate bars on Kijiji creepy and weird. I couldn't imagine checking out Kijiji and saying to my husband "hey honey I am off to buy 100 Cadbury bars from a complete stranger" I am pretty sure he would have me committed.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    247 (100%)

Would you have an issue with people buying something regular price and reselling on ebay? Or is it just the promo and selling ? Because its not against the law to do that

Quote Originally Posted by harbie View Post
    Really? I doubt the people sellig chocolate bars would be doing that or crack. Just because earning min wage is tough (and yes I have been in that postion) that doesn't mean that it's ok to go against the rules/laws. With that kind of reasoning I could say "well, my neighbour drives a brand new luxury car, goes on vacations 4-5 times a year and he just bought a boat to use at the cottage they own and I make min wage and I find it hard to make ends meat so I'm gonna do something that clearly it says not to do just because I need/want it.

I happen to live in one of the highest cost of living provinces, there was a time my DH was layed off and I never sold stockpile stuff for profit or things like theses chocolate bars. Why? Because the TOA clearly state that is not what the promo is meant for. Again, I have ZERO issue with people getting many bars or even getting the points but it is the selling of them that I don't agree with as with many others.

Trading Score
    203 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leavitts77 View Post
    Would you have an issue with people buying something regular price and reselling on ebay? Or is it just the promo and selling ? Because its not against the law to do that
    Like you said "buying something at reg price and re selling it on ebay is not against the law" so no I don't have an issue with that. Also a lot (not all but many) would have gotten these mass quanties for almost nothing OOP except tax (using both points and coupons) and are now seling it at a profit whereas the chances of someone paying full retail for an item and then getting more on ebay is not that likely. I don't agree with people using a rewards program to gain $$$$ on top of the gain they made in points. JMO

Trading Score
    387 (100%)

wow.. this is the sixth time I've seen someone selling them on kijiji
    harbie likes this.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information