User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Starting Dr Fuhrman's "Eat to Live" plan

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    DH, thank you so much for the info re Lipitor....wow...it would be awesome if he could drop it...he still wants to eat meat..but I'm sure he'll cut that down quite a bit with all the meatless meals we'll be having. If he wants to defrost a chop or chicken/fish for himself, he said no worries for me to do that, he'll look after all that himself. He's very handy in a kitchen..

Um........I have yet to give up my one morning cuppa coffee...it may happen, I'm fine with decaf, but we have quite a bit here and with hubby making it in the morning it's SO much easier to grab a cup than use the Keurig for my decaf cup...
    As for wine, I'm sure I'll miss it on the weekends with I'm watching the greatest game ever played, NFL football, but I have my Mojito tea, green tea, and a whole whack of others in there, and I can always make ginger tea for myself to snuggle up with. I don't drink regular tea so that's not an issue.

Our DD told me today they and Ernie are taking me out to "Curious Thymes" restaurant next Friday for my b'day and omg, the menu! I can't wait...! I think there are lots of vegetarian choices, if not strictly vegan. It's the restaurant on top of the snowflake on our Science North...very nice...
    http://curiousthymes.ca/menus.html
    I know I won't be having any kangaroo or elk, but I have a suspicion that the boys might! Our DD will definitely be having steak and probably a starter of elk carpaccio...lol...

Thanks for the comment re the "weight issue", DH...I know not to expect miracles, but sheesh...to see that 1lb gain nearly sent me back to bed!

Thank you everyone for your sweet encouragement...transitions aren't easy, but I'm thinking of this as an adventure for longevity..I want to see our Grandson graduate university....just another oh....17 years or so?!
    Lynn you may get some bloating from all the fibre in the begining. I had that problem too. It will work itself out and the pounds will come off. If you feel you are at a stalemate re-evaluate your diet and figure out if you are taking in any hidden calories. A friend of mine couldn't figure out why she had reached a plateau but then told me she "drizzles" olive oil on her salads eek!!! A drizzle can add up to a few hundred calories very quickly as can an "innocent" handfull of nuts.
    Lynn49 and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Lynn you may get some bloating from all the fibre in the begining. I had that problem too. It will work itself out and the pounds will come off. If you feel you are at a stalemate re-evaluate your diet and figure out if you are taking in any hidden calories. A friend of mine couldn't figure out why she had reached a plateau but then told me she "drizzles" olive oil on her salads eek!!! A drizzle can add up to a few hundred calories very quickly as can an "innocent" handfull of nuts.
    Thank you, Patty...you're right, I do feel like I have a puffy tummy...and it seems to be gurgling all the time, LOL!!
    I'm quite sure it'll ... um ... pass...As for oils, never use the stuff..if I "fry" onions, etc, I use water, and when that evaporates the onions, mushrooms or whatever, "frizzle"...is what I call it...I don't miss oil one bit
    Thanks, Hon....glad to know you felt the same in the beginning...!
    Patty Smyth and ssbean like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I've also noticed uping my water intake drastically helped with weight loss.. theres a recipe on pinterest that alot of ppl say works too with ginger. cucumber and other ingredients.
    i wish you all the best in your new lifestyle Lynn.
    Natalka, aussie, Lynn49 and 1 others like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

The only thing Lipitor does is it lowers cholesterol. It's realistically possible to reduce it and even eliminate it but of course that would be at his doctor's discretion. I try to follow Dr. Esselstyn's recommendations the closest. He uses diet and if need be Lipitor or other statins. http://heartattackproof.com/
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I think I have that book here somewhere! Thanks, Hon! YOU are a fountain of information!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

YAY, ME!!!!
    I broke through the horrid plateu I've been on
    for weeks!!!
    Now I'm the "lightest" I've been in too many years!!! Yay!!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

It doesn't take long to see/feel a difference, eh? Wonderful for you!!
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow Lynn what a difference a couple of days make!!!!!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Wish you luck with your new journey.

Some of your meals sound great. I am going to check out some of the recipes.
    Lynn49 likes this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I LOVE falafel!!! Hubby and I made it from scratch, which was so easy, and we both said that recipe is a 'keeper'.
    It's here if anyone wants it:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/seans-f...ce/detail.aspx
    * next time I'd add more garlic and probably zest the lemon...but cooking with hubby means
    following the recipe exactly. At least for the first time. Chemists. Sheesh!

Anyway.....it was great, I had it with that soup, and I'll have my fruit later this evening with
    my Mojiot/Green tea (I put one teabag of each in my cup).

Tomorrow I have a wedding to perform 1hr away, so hubby's driving me three...it's like a date!
    Only I wish it wasn't calling for rain...

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!
    walkonby, ssbean and alicia like this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

THAT is FANTASTIC news Lynn SO very proud of you. keep up the great work! its so worth it. you let hubby spoil u a little your worth it.
    ssbean likes this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for sharing that you are doing this Lynn. It was suggested to me a few months ago and I totally forgot about it until I saw this post. Started yesterday
    ssbean likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I LOVE falafel!!! Hubby and I made it from scratch, which was so easy, and we both said that recipe is a 'keeper'.
    It's here if anyone wants it:
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/seans-f...ce/detail.aspx
    * next time I'd add more garlic and probably zest the lemon...but cooking with hubby means
    following the recipe exactly. At least for the first time. Chemists. Sheesh!

Anyway.....it was great, I had it with that soup, and I'll have my fruit later this evening with
    my Mojiot/Green tea (I put one teabag of each in my cup).

Tomorrow I have a wedding to perform 1hr away, so hubby's driving me three...it's like a date!
    Only I wish it wasn't calling for rain...

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!

I love it too but I had to give up on it. We don't use oil so it doesn't really fry well in a non sitck pan with no oil and baking it kind falls apart too. but there are tons of other veggie reicpes so I don't miss it too much.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

5lbs down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In one week!!!
    Okay....you all have been so supportive, I'm going to come clean on my
    numbers.....
    I started this journey just after last Christmas. It wasn't a straight graph line downhill...I gained in Florida, gained in the summer, so it was an up and down journey...a bit rocky, but when I started, I weighed:
    246.8lbs
    Gah. Even looking at that number now makes me shudder.
    How could I have let it get so out of hand?

The number I couldn't break for the past several weeks was 204lbs. I was up .4, down .2, up .6...well, you get the idea...
    The other day, I finally broke through that number, to 203.4

TODAY!!! I'm finally in ONEderland!!
    199.4!!!!!
    WOOHOO!!!

I'm on my way, sustained by those numbers and by you all!!

Thank you for your encouragement....!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Super!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    TaraF, Lynn49 and ssbean like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information