User Tag List

Page 208 of 493 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 258 308 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 7391
Like Tree26435Likes

Thread: Jezebel's Surprise Advent Package Train

Trading Score
    148 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    Personally, it's absolutely not necessary to double up gifts. If you were my buddy, you could wrap an elastic band in one gift, a safety pin in another, and so on...I'd be able to make use of the smallest things, lol.
    Thanks for that, it made me feel so much better, and thanks for the laugh.

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bear25 View Post
    Ok i have a question, when you all are wrapping your gifts do you ever find yourself adding 2 together, cause you think maybe your buddy might think that gift isn't that exciting? So far i wrapped 1-10 and number 25 and have doubled most of them. I have never rode this train before and i don't want my buddy to feel disappointed, the gifts aren't $ store items so any advice? At this rate i'll have to buy 20 more gifts lol.
    That is EXACTLY what I have been thinking all along...I was thinking that a box of crayons, for example, would seem pretty cheap for a young child; I thought a maybe a box of crayons with a coloring book would be the cheapest (not actual dollar wise cheap) that I would want to give...
    I would think a kid would be disappointed to unwrap just a box of crayons and not something new to color on (again, this is just an example...)
    However, when I mentioned this before, I was told that it would be okay to even split the box of crayons into multiple gifts...
    Jezebel and Bear25 like this.
    RRLF: Cineplex Passes, Optimum Points (and my sanity...I think I lost it a while back )

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Missbee, I bet when you were little, you got excited if someone gave you a dime . Ok, maybe a loonie since you're probably a lot younger than me . I think a package of crayons is enough for one day; it gives a child something to look forward to for the next. I was 5 when I got my first box of chunky wax crayons for my birthday and I still remember today the excitement of getting them .
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by missbee217 View Post
    That is EXACTLY what I have been thinking all along...I was thinking that a box of crayons, for example, would seem pretty cheap for a young child; I thought a maybe a box of crayons with a coloring book would be the cheapest (not actual dollar wise cheap) that I would want to give...
    I would think a kid would be disappointed to unwrap just a box of crayons and not something new to color on (again, this is just an example...)
    However, when I mentioned this before, I was told that it would be okay to even split the box of crayons into multiple gifts...
    I personally would not split a box of crayons into multiple gifts. I agree that for the kids- crayons and a coloring book or paper would be a great gift. However giving just crayons would be ok too because every kids has paper or a coloring book somewhere I think (at least mine do- I think they stash them in every room so they don't have to exert any energy to find one when they want one)

I think everyone's budget is different and everyone's package will be different. I know for my adult buddy- I blew 85% of the budget on 1 gift that is split into 3 days. But the rest of the month is still acceptable gifts that were off the wish list. My child buddy had a great wish list that was very easy to work with. Lots of general ideas instead of specific wishes. I had lots of fun shopping for my little buddy.

I am sure both my adult and kid buddy will like their packages because I am sending packages I would be happy to receive.... Except I just realized my adult buddy does not have any chocolate at all... Must remedy that and then It would be a package I would be happy to receive

Stop stressing over the quantity/quality of your gift. If everyone sends a gift they would be happy to receive- everyone will receive a great gift.
    Last edited by Momto2Ks; Sat, Nov 10th, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
    Jezebel, scbpooh, Ceren and 6 others like this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Ok i have a question, when you all are wrapping your gifts do you ever find yourself adding 2 together, cause you think maybe your buddy might think that gift isn't that exciting? So far i wrapped 1-10 and number 25 and have doubled most of them. I have never rode this train before and i don't want my buddy to feel disappointed, the gifts aren't $ store items so any advice? At this rate i'll have to buy 20 more gifts lol.
    don't stress it I have doubled some gifts as I ummmmm LOVE shopping I also wrapped yjings and forget what they are...I as interupted as Zoey needed a potty break...so some numbers are totally random

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Ks View Post
    I personally would not split a box of crayons into multiple gifts. I agree that for the kids- crayons and a coloring book or paper would be a great gift. However giving just crayons would be ok too because every kids has paper or a coloring book somewhere I think (at least mine do- I think they stash them in every room so they don't have to exert any energy to find one when they want one)

I think everyone's budget is different and everyone's package will be different. I know for my adult buddy- I blew 85% of the budget on 1 gift that is split into 3 days. But the rest of the month is still acceptable gifts that were off the wish list. My child buddy had a great wish list that was very easy to work with. Lots of general ideas instead of specific wishes. I had lots of fun shopping for my little buddy.

I am sure both my adult and kid buddy will like their packages because I am sending packages I would be happy to receive.... Except I just realized my adult buddy does not have any chocolate at all... Must remedy that and then It would be a package I would be happy to receive

Stop stressing over the quantity/quality of your gift. If everyone sends a gift they would be happy to receive- everyone will receive a great gift.
    very well put.......I have answered all p'ms and am awaiting a few responses.....

I will explain the contest tomorrow...I am tired and feelin a tad overwhelmed ...not sure that is the right word though.....

anyways I plan to do a bit of shopping tomorrow and then baking/tidying up/ wrapping prezzies ect....

sending all those that are having family struggles a big {{hug}}

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

I've felt that way when buying everything for my buddy because this is my first package train too. I did double up some items and ya, some days might be kinda "not as awesome" as others, but it's still stuff that was on their WL, so you know it's something they asked for anyways. I did buy my buddy a few pricey items so I know those days will be very exciting for my buddy. I got to the point in my shopping where I just had to tell myself to stop and that my package is and will be good enough and besides, I'm pretty sure I went over my budget and I still gotta go xmas shopping for my husband and a few more items for my son, so I couldn't really afford to spend anymore anyways.

I'm pretty sure we will all love our packages and who else gets to open presents for 25 days in a row!! Just us!! :D

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

I hope my buddy likes my package!! Some days aren't as "big" as others but everything I got was on the wishlist! =) Makes me so nervous...just want everyone to have a great Christmas!
    juliejolie, Bear25 and pumpkin9211 like this.

Trading Score
    93 (100%)

I doubled up a few things but it was because I had bought too much stuff lol, but where I doubled it was the smaller things, and I picked up a few dollar store items at the end that I tacked on to the other gifts. Now mind you there are a few things that aren't as big and special but hopefully will still be enjoyed. I tried to think if I would like what I was packing, or if I was the age of my little buddy.

I know my boy would love to get a box of crayons, separate from paper or a colouring book would be fine with him. He just loves to rip the paper lol. He loves to get a single hot wheels car, or anything like that. Even in the case of "treats" he'd love a single chocolate (a little too much lol). He is so far pretty easy to please, thank goodness!

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

I think everyone feels "package train anxiety" no matter how many trains they have been on! For me, I set a budget (loose one) per day and tried to stick with it. I did double up some days, but tended to add $ store or stockpile items to ones that were not.

I know I will be happy with the fact that someone who doesn't know me spent time and money on an awesome set of gifts for me! Plus I get a gift every day for almost a month! That is super exciting! Yep, I'm like a kid I love presents!

I have a few more small things to get for my buddy - can't forget the chocolate bubble wrap lol! Hubby is working Sunday night, so I will wrap and take photos then

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

Warning....Little Rant!

I am beginning to hate my car! Last package train I had my buddy's parcel all wrapped up in trunk to mail, was taking my son to day care and my car was stolen! Thankfully everyone made such a bad experience better with contributing to send another package! Well they found my car just over a week after it was stolen(with absolutely everything taken). Then at the same daycare some lady backed into me and lied to insurance so I had to settle 50/50 after fighting it for 2 months. And now someone else hit my car, I was in my office and they came in and said who owned the car that he hit it. So now I have to go through this again and all I can think of is if he gonna change his story! But if he wasn't honest he would have just drove away right. Anyways this car seems to bring nothing but bad luck, but I love it so much! Thanks for listening to my rant.
    slambert and missbee217 like this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by new2sc View Post
    Warning....Little Rant!

I am beginning to hate my car! Last package train I had my buddy's parcel all wrapped up in trunk to mail, was taking my son to day care and my car was stolen! Thankfully everyone made such a bad experience better with contributing to send another package! Well they found my car just over a week after it was stolen(with absolutely everything taken). Then at the same daycare some lady backed into me and lied to insurance so I had to settle 50/50 after fighting it for 2 months. And now someone else hit my car, I was in my office and they came in and said who owned the car that he hit it. So now I have to go through this again and all I can think of is if he gonna change his story! But if he wasn't honest he would have just drove away right. Anyways this car seems to bring nothing but bad luck, but I love it so much! Thanks for listening to my rant.
    Boo! Sorry to hear about that! I totally get what you mean about the love/bad luck experience with your car. That's the exact same way we feel about our condo!

It's definitely good though that the guy came in & asked whose car it is. You're right, he totally could have driven away without saying anything...crappy as it is, people would definitely do that. Is there a lot of damage to it?

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Sorry guys I haven't been around lately have had some family issues come up - but just wanted to say this

It's finally SNOWING here- you don't know how much my kids are excited!!! And it is supposed to keep snowing ALL weekend

P.S. - don't mind my dirty car - also sorry for the large picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Sat, Nov 10th, 2012 at 10:35 AM.

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Peachy,

You guys are probably getting the same system we have and let me tell you its not pretty! We got probably somwhere between 15-25 cm in my yard over a 24h period. You can even see my car is so buried! Havent left the house since 3pm Thursday, starting to have cabin fever!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post

No, no, noooo! You can send parcels by bus too and I don't think there's a minimum weight. Just let me know when you ship them out so I can be waiting for them at the station .

HAHAHA! Awesome! I didn't even think of the bus.

I'm with everyone on the package train anxiety. I finished shopping over a week ago and its all boxed up and ready to go, but now as the mail date gets closer, I am thinking it needs more. It will be fine, it will be fine! aaaaah!

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by juliejolie View Post
    I wish I had a Keurig! Tried one out at a store demonstration and loved it BUT the DH is too cheap and doesn't think we need one

Whats better? Keurig? Tassimo? Something else? We're coffee, hot chocolate, & tea drinkers so the more variety, the better...
    I make an 'executive decision' (my way of saying I wanted it so I got it) and bought our Keurig 2 years ago and hubby balked it and groaned and moaned UNTIL he tried it. NOW Sometimes I think he loves it more than me!!
    We have the silvery Cuisinart model and we actually chucked out our kettle because of the 'hot water' feature on the Keurig.
    The Cuis. model comes with a my kcup that stores in the side of it, it also has a filter in the water resevoir and cool blue light in there too. I HEART it so much, right now it lives on my bedside table and the kids think that this is HILARIOUS.

Thread Information