User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: amanda (so hard to figure out a 'title' for this)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Name:  317590_10152143182760538_1637004693_n.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  51.6 KB

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    Jolly good....C&P slackitism is sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than actually doing a positive action in your local community..The brood read this POC and laughed. They couldn't see any value in this faux moral tale.

If you can't fool a 7 yr old...How can this crud make a a differencein the real world rather than Chicken Strip..sorry soup world....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i do think that being able to find these bully people
    as in some sort of cyber crimes police would be a good idea
    and of course i love 'free' speech as long as you don't...

facebook etc has to monitor this sort of thing, and really
    it does as always start at the ground level.

where is the schools protection?
    any kid targeted by this crap will hear about it.
    if they look and of course they look

saw a lot of facebook postings about being glad
    amanda was gone --- and now thankfully those are gone.
    but the feelings behind those posts - oh (major swearing) ing .

what are these kids/people thinking?

where are gojays kids going to school? - as apparently the norm
    is not working
    Last edited by madchives; Sat, Oct 13th, 2012 at 06:46 AM.
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

Thank you jaybird. I liked that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Jolly good....C&P slackitism is sooooooooooooooooooooooo much better than actually doing a positive action in your local community..The brood read this POC and laughed. They couldn't see any value in this faux moral tale.

If you can't fool a 7 yr old...How can this crud make a a differencein the real world rather than Chicken Strip..sorry soup world....
    Are you talking about "slacktivism"?

And why would you want to bite jaybird's head off like that?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mcminsen View Post
    Thank you jaybird. I liked that.

Are you talking about "slacktivism"?

And why would you want to bite jaybird's head off like that?
    I was wondering the same thing.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Amanda...

I moved clear across the continent to get away from bullying. My kids are mixed race and that was enough to make them targets where we used to live. I try to impress on them now how horrible this is, how wrong. They mostly get it, but sometimes...?

Im not sure what it is with teenage girls but they can be incredibly evil to one another.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

I was bullied. The scars remain. I'm as frustrated as anyone about the repeating pattern of bullying tragedies. It happens, hands are wrung, things are said, maybe something is sort of done, time passes... and then it happens again, and again, generation after generation. Outrage itself is not really helpful, especially when it's misdirected.

What is helpful?
    madchives and Natalka like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

one dones wonder what it gets to get these kids to understand mcminsen

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amand...69081016486214

trying to be hopeful that eventually they will see/understand what
    they do causes such an awful result
    mcminsen likes this.
    if you have some spare time

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

This is so sad.
    I hope they find the stalker who tracked her and made her life so miserable. He or she should be held accountable.
    I can't imagine why Amanda would make such a video and include her name except for the fact that she was really desperate for someone to help her. All she got was a push in the wrong direction. I hope she rests in peace and that her death will prevent others from suffering like she did.
    BTW I thought the crumpled paper was a great visual. It's sad but true, the effects of bullying never leave you. It changes you forever.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I've read this before and I think it's a wonderful, visual way to help kids understand the effects of bullying. I'm sorry you got attacked for posting this, it was extremely unnecessary
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I'm so disgusted. My 17 year old girl knows all about this, it's all over facebook. She googled Amanda Todd's name, just her name, and the topless photo is there multiple times - often with horrible captions added. WTH? I thought the police were on this. This is child ography isn't it? Why aren't the sites hosting this image being shut down, why aren't people being charged?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What can bullies be charged with? There has to be a separate category that could enable the police to lay charges AND a judge or jury to find guilt for this kind of horrendous crime. Sorry, I couldn't see the video, things like that stay with me far too long....
    But if they find the instigator (or if they have)....can they charge her or him with more than 'mischief'? Can they be charged with something like causing a person to commit suicide? Assisting? Harrassing to death?
    I just feel that the punishment (if any) doesn't fit the crime. If more of those hot-shot creeps get tossed into real jails and do real time, this won't be ending soon......
    Geez....we were pretty lucky in our teenage years when "four eyes" was about the worst it got for some kids.....
    madchives and DaveP like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I sometimes struggle knowing whether my 5 and 6 year olds understand some of the lessons I'm trying to teach them. I wonder if all the talking I do really is understood. The can't read very well yet and I'm sure they wouldn't really understand the moral behind this even if they could. So instead I actually had them do it...and for my kids at least I think it made a larger impact than just my "lecturing" them about it did. I volunteer 2 days a week in my 5 year olds kindergarten class and already see some kids using words and behaviours that in an older child would be considered bullying and yet at this age I don't think the offending child actually understands the power their words and actions have on others. Again, I don't know that telling them they are being hurtful has enough impact. Sometimes with the younger kids doing something like this, as well as talking to them about it, has more of an impact...at least I believe it does.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    What can bullies be charged with? There has to be a separate category that could enable the police to lay charges AND a judge or jury to find guilt for this kind of horrendous crime. Sorry, I couldn't see the video, things like that stay with me far too long....
    But if they find the instigator (or if they have)....can they charge her or him with more than 'mischief'? Can they be charged with something like causing a person to commit suicide? Assisting? Harrassing to death?
    I just feel that the punishment (if any) doesn't fit the crime. If more of those hot-shot creeps get tossed into real jails and do real time, this won't be ending soon......
    Geez....we were pretty lucky in our teenage years when "four eyes" was about the worst it got for some kids.....
    If they were sending and re-sending the screen-cap of topless Amanda, then there could be a case for child-p0rnograhy. Since the age of the sender isn't clearly defined in the statues.

That might put them on a sex-offender list( not sure on that law).
    madchives and Lynn49 like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

=====
    bullynounthe school bully: persecutor, oppressor, tyrant, tormentor, intimidator;tough guy, thug, ruffian, strong-arm.verb1 the others bully him: persecute, oppress, tyrannize, browbeat, harass,torment, intimidate, strong-arm, dominate; informal push around, bullyrag.2 she was bullied into helping: coerce, pressure, pressurize, press, push; force,compel; badger, goad, prod, browbeat, intimidate, dragoon, strong-arm;informal bulldoze, railroad, lean on.
    =====

Darth Penquin, your attack on jaybird's post mocks, ridicules, derides and hurts jaybirds very nice attempt to participate in this discussion. How ironic is it that we have bullying in a thread about bullying?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information