User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: amanda (so hard to figure out a 'title' for this)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

she was only 15, had changed schools 3 times but still ,,,

(warning this vid is very distrubing - i had to leave the room a few times)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...e-suicide.html
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I'm not sure what to say eithe. When does it stop. My first thought of coarse is.....what disturbing people we have on this earth, then of coarse the obvious, why, or why does she continue to have a Facebook page. Sure, she can't stop what's posted, but she doesn't need to read it, right there in black and white every day. This poor child, I can't even imagine how she must feel.

People need to get it, once you post something on the net, anywhere, it's there forever!!!! PLEASE! everyone, stand up Nd stop this BULLYING!!!!

it makes me sick to my stomach. Thanks for posting, hopefully some of the bullies can see this and realize what they Re DNA is truly impacting the lives of others, in. Very serious way!
    couponer2 likes this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I saw this on the news last evening. She committed suicide. Just so horribly sad.

RIP Amanda.
    Last edited by DaveP; Fri, Oct 12th, 2012 at 07:32 AM.
    couponer2 likes this.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

On Monday it will be 1 year since a local boy killed himself due to bullying; not enough is being done to stop this behaviour.

Talk to your kids about bullying, about how hurtful it is to call people names, to pick on them because they are different; tell them that they should treat others as they would like to be treated.

Most parents would say "not my kid, mine would never be a bully" - many of those kids ARE the bully. Talk to your kids anyway, don't just brush it off.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...de-father.html
    DaveP and couponer2 like this.

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

I cant understand why people are being so mean with each other. I got bullied alot in highschool and I didnt do anything for it. I was shy and didnt stand up for myself. So I drop out of school without getting my diploma because of that. Now I dont let ANYONE put me down, I stand up for myself. I know what I'm worth and I dont care of what people think.
    Its really sad that she commited suicide...
    It happened to a girl in QC last year I think.
    I really cant understand.
    Last edited by bibiee; Fri, Oct 12th, 2012 at 08:07 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just so very sad...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KrazE View Post
    On Monday it will be 1 year since a local boy killed himself due to bullying; not enough is being done to stop this behaviour.

Talk to your kids about bullying, about how hurtful it is to call people names, to pick on them because they are different; tell them that they should treat others as they would like to be treated.

Most parents would say "not my kid, mine would never be a bully" - many of those kids ARE the bully. Talk to your kids anyway, don't just brush it off.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...de-father.html

The biggest problem besides schools being in denial about this whole issue is that kids don't even know what bullying is. They don't know the spectrum it encompases. This is why when someone says not my kid you cannot be 100% sure because the kid may bot even realize what he has done is bullying. Like everything else it starts at home because schools don't know what to do about this.
    DaveP, xox2010 and couponer2 like this.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. So sad
    couponer2 likes this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I made the mistake of watching the video... I'm disgusted by what she went through and the people who put her through it. I hope the guilt of what they've done haunts them for the rest of their lives. I was bullied constantly in school and that pain stays with you forever.

I'm furious right now. That people can be so cruel... I don't even know what else to say...
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I couldn't watch the whole video because it made me so sad for this poor girl. My prayers go out to her family.

More needs to be done to stop bullying whether in cyberspace or face to face.

Coupon Guru in Training couponer2's Avatar
    Trading Score
    141 (100%)

DaveP likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

What I want to know is where was all this support when she was alive and need it?
    Jezebel, Natalka, Lynn49 and 4 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My cousin posted this on facebook.. I'm so angry, upset and saddened.
    People are posting that by having a facebook page in memory of her is glorifying suicide.. I feel the pages [if done right] are a way to inform others.

This is utter BS. Not enough is being done for anyone in any place in time.. You have teenagers attacking each other and posting the video on youtube... Pretending to be a persons crush in order to trick them and humiliate them.. Stalk them and attack them...

It's cruel and disgusting. And the police and RCMP need to make bullying in any form and degree as serious as drunk driving and murder. Lets not kid ourselves.. these children hounded that poor girl..that 'guy' that sent her photo to everyone and followed her around.. that boy and his girlfriend used and abused that girl.. they all need to be punished and everyone needs to see that bullying is a horrible and life altering thing.

I was bullied a little bit [not alot which people think I lied about because 'oh suuuuuure the fat girl was only bullied a little bit..riiight' but it was only a little bit.. boys had ambushed me and threw me into a snow drift and tried to bury me because I told a teacher that they'd thrown me into a wall] The teacher didn't believe me ..so I lied about the boys ambushing me but a friend I was fighting with saw everything and told the teacher and those boys were expelled.. they came back later and stayed away from me even in high school and one actually came to my defence in high school against another bully.

My cousin on the other hand had it so bad.. my aunt would be in the school on a daily basis during his high school years.. he was thrown into lockers, locked in closets, beaten up.. the school didn't do much and the schoolboard was even worse.

It's sad. But really people need to wake up and realize this isn't 'part of highschool' or public school or life. It's killing people who for all you know could have cured a cancer or written an epic novel or screenplay.. or been a great parent or what have you..

It's shocking when you really stop and think about how far the ripples of our words and actions go... and very sad.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

The only "good???" thing to come out of this, is I've managed to re-inforce to the Penguinettes that what's out on the internet is out there for ever.

It's a sad thing when a minor lapse of common sense leads to this degree of bullying. The public persona as a cyber-bully is a new cause of concern for us as parents.

My personal bullies just went for the obvious glasses and stuff...
    DaveP likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

my kids are so incredibly lucky to be going to a school that has a very strict anti-bullying rule that is enforced.. they have regular assemblies and group gatherings to educate all of the children (gr. JK-8) about the harm that comes from bullying.. they are encouraged to speak to a teacher if someone bullies them.. all schools have to adopt this policy
    Natalka, KK7 and Lynn49 like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information