User Tag List

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree1072Likes

Thread: Shopper's plays their dirty games again

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by louie11 View Post
    In absence of good policy, process, systems - Shoppers seems be substituting the odd policing of Optimum members.

The only time I ever bought high multiples of an item was the chocolate bars and that was because it was before Halloween. It is bizarre that Shoppers allows the purchases and then penalizes people later.
    that truly seems to be what they are doing.....
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    YEs i did finally get my points back...I even told them they had no limit posted...17 is not excessive....I agree with limits but to say to me I am more then able to buy more of the nivea but without the coupons...that is crazy....they just did not like me getting it free and earning the points...i even asked customer service where in the policy does it say you cannot do this....they had no answer for me but gave me my points back and reinstated my card....
    Glad to hear you got your points back Sharkie! For a points/rewards system to work customers have to be able to trust that the store will stand behind it.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

great to hear your points were reinstated sharkie, and card reactivated. hopefully things get ironed out with SDM, limits, et al by the next big promo.
    barato and sharkie like this.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been reading this thread, and am worried about my points. Just wanted to ask besides when you use your Optimum card in the store and the store told you that your card is frozen, how can one knows if the Optimum card is frozen?
    I can check my points balance, can earn points in the store, but I have been saving my points for the Mega Redemption (and have been worrying). Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by $avvy$hopper View Post
    great to hear your points were reinstated sharkie, and card reactivated. hopefully things get ironed out with SDM, limits, et al by the next big promo.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mida View Post
    I have been reading this thread, and am worried about my points. Just wanted to ask besides when you use your Optimum card in the store and the store told you that your card is frozen, how can one knows if the Optimum card is frozen?
    I can check my points balance, can earn points in the store, but I have been saving my points for the Mega Redemption (and have been worrying). Many thanks.

you can only find out when you go into the store and try and use it...SDM does not notify you that it is frozen...
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I am happy that it is reinstated but I doubt the problems that SDM is giving everyone will end in the near future....it will be interesting to see how many problems occur when Mega Redemption comes....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

im worried as well and thats why i asked shoppers myself. i dont think you have anything to be worried about....i.m not exactly sure how you know when its frozen other than trying to use it at the store. What i have been doing the past couple weeks is going to shoppers when i need milk and bread and buying it there instead of somewhere else. That way i can use my card and know if it was frozen or not. So i go there couple times a week, make a small purchase, and see if the cashier says something wrong with my card.
    Jezebel, walkonby and momgoneawol like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    I am happy that it is reinstated but I doubt the problems that SDM is giving everyone will end in the near future....it will be interesting to see how many problems occur when Mega Redemption comes....
    I'm honestly very anxious for mega redemption to come. I want to spend my points and i'm scared as hell as to what possibly could happen to my points and everyone elses...i'm losing sleep...lol
    Jezebel and sharkie like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So, Shoppers won't make it that an Optimum card can still collect points, but only when you redeem then they would stop it?
    Quote:
    anastasia1009 posted on this thread on Oct 29th, 2012:

Even managers can call in to you card or cancel or suspend or to run a check on you. You would have to make all purchases with cash and give them fake information. But they could your card for redeeming until they got correct information. So you could collect, see your points but redeem they would block it.
    sharkie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

So, Shoppers won't make it that an Optimum card can still collect points, but only when you redeem then they would stop it?
    Quote:
    anastasia1009 posted on this thread on Oct 29th, 2012:

Even managers can call in to you card or cancel or suspend or to run a check on you. You would have to make all purchases with cash and give them fake information. But they could your card for redeeming until they got correct information. So you could collect, see your points but redeem they would block it.
    I have no idea about the validity of that statement.... im not sure if this has actually happened to anyone and if it has maybe that person can share it with us??
    sharkie likes this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I wonder if Shoppers can drum up extra business this way, by spreading fear and uncertainty. Well, obviously they do, but I wonder if it makes a big impact.

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    im worried as well and thats why i asked shoppers myself. i dont think you have anything to be worried about....i.m not exactly sure how you know when its frozen other than trying to use it at the store. What i have been doing the past couple weeks is going to shoppers when i need milk and bread and buying it there instead of somewhere else. That way i can use my card and know if it was frozen or not. So i go there couple times a week, make a small purchase, and see if the cashier says something wrong with my card.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I too shop there much less this year, too many headaches
    ultimate irony from shopping at a drug store! A headache!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good point and good suggestion!
    Yeah, I shopped much less at the Shopper's too, would rather take my coupons to the RCSS when they have their no tax event, especially they now do price match, and I just earn points on my other rewards credit cards. I don't think my credit card companies will "freeze my points" if I use my coupons shopping! And it looks like the benefits of the President Choice points are catching up, I might explore that option in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    I have no idea about the validity of that statement.... im not sure if this has actually happened to anyone and if it has maybe that person can share it with us??
    hcao and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

It also shows our love and hate relationship with shoppers. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kris32 View Post
    lol this has so many posts, it should be a sticky.
    sharkie likes this.
    Need a cheap but still reliable phone plan. Try Public Mobile. Plans starting from $15 ($13 with auto payment).
    Use code R8NLM8 or link when activate with Public Mobile and we both will get $10 bonus.
    Win some extra cash or gift cards. Try Swagbucks... ww.swagbucks.com/refer/uanoor

Banned
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

haha, i believe it. i don't dare with their bonus coupons or 20x points days, sure there's lots of conflicts. It seems like every store is different to. My sister used to work there and according to her you only get points when you use your giftcard,not when you buy it and according to her coupons never count towards 20x points,everyone says different on here, i've always been afraid to try because i doubt i could get my total down low enough to risk buying half the stuff.

On the bright side if you e-mail them complaining,they do seem very nice and might be a chance for some bonus points,i did it once and it worked.
    sharkie likes this.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information