User Tag List

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1072Likes

Thread: Shopper's plays their dirty games again

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    Just wanted to give everyone an update..Shoppers has informed me that they are not taking points back from the chocolate bar or the huggies promos and this is NOT the reason for peoples cards being frozen.
    I think its safe to say that maybe the people who have their cards frozen are purchasing large quantities which in turn are raising r.e.d. f.l.a.g.s on peoples accounts.
    Those statements kinda contradict one another, if someone DID buy large quantites of the chocolate and huggies, no?

OR their accts are being frozen because they've bought an "over the limit" amount WITH coupons, making them free (like the NIVEA for example)...
    if shoppers saw something like that in someone's acct, maybe they continued to look at that acct and saw that there was an over the limit number of chocolate and huggies as well and then decided they wanted to take away points? who knows, just guessing outloud.
    Last edited by littlebean; Mon, Nov 12th, 2012 at 02:08 PM.
    Jezebel and FallenPixels like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    Those statements kinda contradict one another, if someone DID buy large quantites of the chocolate and huggies, no?

OR their accts are being frozen because they've bought an "over the limit" amount WITH coupons, making them free (like the NIVEA for example)...
    if shoppers saw something like that in someone's acct, maybe they continued to look at that acct and saw that there was an over the limit number of chocolate and huggies as well and then decided they wanted to take away points? who knows, just guessing outloud.
    Shoppers told me that they are not taking points away from the chocolate or huggies promo and that is NOT why peoples cards are being frozen. I'M assuming that peoples cards are being frozen because they have made large quantity purchases raising suspicion, probably over a period of time and maybe wipes and or bars were part of it. So its not a contradicting statement. At the end of the day i have no idea why peoples cards are being frozen, what i do know is they are not clawing back points as a previous person posted.
    Last edited by peachies; Mon, Nov 12th, 2012 at 04:44 PM.
    Tabby40 and luckbealady like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lessthannat View Post
    This makes me wonder how large the quantities actually are, I have done my fair share of shopping at SDM, and my account has never been frozen nor have I had issues
    And I sure hope that I do not, maybe I am not a heavy enough user *shrug*
    I plan on playing safe in the future, i haven't made large quantity purchases either except for a few chocolate bars for halloween but nothing like some other people, and i don't plan on it. If there is a great deal i will limit myself to 10 as i think its a fair number and shouldn't raise suspicion. I like shoppers and will continue to shop there. If people want to buy large quantities to make donations, which i have great respect for, then maybe they should do it at other stores instead. IMO
    DianneS and sadybrad like this.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by peachies View Post
    I plan on playing safe in the future, i haven't made large quantity purchases either except for a few chocolate bars for halloween but nothing like some other people, and i don't plan on it. If there is a great deal i will limit myself to 10 as i think its a fair number and shouldn't raise suspicion. I like shoppers and will continue to shop there. If people want to buy large quantities to make donations, which i have great respect for, then maybe they should do it at other stores instead. IMO
    To be honest I have never purchased large amounts of products from SDM in the past....I only shop there when there are really good deals....I never got the Huggies wipes and I only got 8 chocolate bars from them.....so they should not have had any reason to red f....ag me...I truly believe it was because I got the Nivea free with the coupons and got the points...they even told me I could buy more Nivea and get the points and that there was no limit as long as I did not use the coupons....
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    To be honest I have never purchased large amounts of products from SDM in the past....I only shop there when there are really good deals....I never got the Huggies wipes and I only got 8 chocolate bars from them.....so they should not have had any reason to red f....ag me...I truly believe it was because I got the Nivea free with the coupons and got the points...they even told me I could buy more Nivea and get the points and that there was no limit as long as I did not use the coupons....
    I believe that is why your card was frozen as well....that just backs up shoppers claim that the wipes and chocolate bar promo isn't the reason and they not taking those points away as someone had posted. Yours was a different situation, one that is totally not fair. I'm only guessing why people's cards being frozen.
    sharkie likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

To date, mine is still ok, I bought 60 bars Caramilk on that promotion (never bought them before this promotion), but I bought lot of chocolate in the past for my own consumption ( Lindt and Laura Secord by the way, usually on bonus redemption I bought about 20-50 chocolate bars), so with that promo Kraft really earned me and my husband as new customers), we eat like 2 bars a day and the weird thing I never can understand is we just never gain weight no matter how much sweet we eat!! So probably if you buy things as regular basic they don't re - f-lg your account?
    sharkie likes this.
    Want Free Paypal money or Gift Cards? Here you go!!!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/thiennga

Thanks for being my referral!!!

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Again, if SDM wants to discourage large-volume purchases, this should be done in the stores at the point of purchase. If the purchase violates some limit or policy, it shouldn't be allowed in the first place.

The customer's relationship is with the people who work in the store. Customers should be able to trust that the people in the store know their job, know the rules and procedures, and are following them correctly. If a purchase is allowed, the customer should leave the store confident that the purchase was legitimate
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ouch I just coudn't explain it, so if you buy them on regular basic then they might rf-lag you , and all of sudden you buy lot then they also r- you too, lol, their system is funny!!!
    sharkie and sam786 like this.

Trading Score
    149 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lessthannat View Post
    This makes me wonder how large the quantities actually are, I have done my fair share of shopping at SDM, and my account has never been frozen nor have I had issues
    And I sure hope that I do not, maybe I am not a heavy enough user *shrug*
    I was an Optimum member for 4 years before they froze my account and in that period, I spent about $1500 monthly on diapers and formula in the kids' first year, "too scared to count" amount of $$$ in the subsequent years on diapers and probably donated about 400+ gift bags to shelters, filled with toiletries and perhaps over 1000 cans of soups for food banks. And they only ged my account after they switched over to the new computer system.

I think if you purchase large quantities but NOT of the same item, you have nothing to worry about. Like I said, they have a limit threshold for each different items e.g. 20 bars of chocolate may not be considered excessive but 20 bottles of body wash might be. But if you did 500+ bars of Chocolate, it is akin to waving a big red F-L-A-G in front of a raging bull
    Last edited by Tripsplanner; Mon, Nov 12th, 2012 at 10:33 PM.
    peachies and sharkie like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tripsplanner View Post
    I was an Optimum member for 4 years before they froze my account and in that period, I spent about $1500 monthly on diapers and formula in the kids' first year, "too scared to count" amount of $$$ in the subsequent years on diapers and probably donated about 400+ gift bags to shelters, filled with toiletries and perhaps over 1000 cans of soups for food banks. And they only ged my account after they switched over to the new computer system.

I think if you purchase large quantities but NOT of the same item, you have nothing to worry about. Like I said, they have a limit threshold for each different items e.g. 20 bars of chocolate may not be considered excessive but 20 bottles of body wash might be. But if you did 500+ bars of Chocolate, it is akin to waving a big red F-L-A-G in front of a raging bull
    I just can't believe that they treated you like that after you spent that much money each month in SDM, just can't believe!!!!!!
    Jezebel, peachies, sharkie and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    149 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    Again, if SDM wants to discourage large-volume purchases, this should be done in the stores at the point of purchase. If the purchase violates some limit or policy, it shouldn't be allowed in the first place.

The customer's relationship is with the people who work in the store. Customers should be able to trust that the people in the store know their job, know the rules and procedures, and are following them correctly. If a purchase is allowed, the customer should leave the store confident that the purchase was legitimate
    Agreed and that is the main reason my SDM manager was so angry with HO - she is not given enough credit for knowing her customer.

Sharkie - I think in your case, the Nivea soaps are above what they consider reasonable household limit. That's why the system went into alert mode and they froze your card.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    149 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thien_nga View Post
    To date, mine is still ok, I bought 60 bars Caramilk on that promotion (never bought them before this promotion), but I bought lot of chocolate in the past for my own consumption ( Lindt and Laura Secord by the way, usually on bonus redemption I bought about 20-50 chocolate bars), so with that promo Kraft really earned me and my husband as new customers), we eat like 2 bars a day and the weird thing I never can understand is we just never gain weight no matter how much sweet we eat!! So probably if you buy things as regular basic they don't re - f-lg your account?
    Thien Nga - I hate you already, for being able to eat chocolates and not gaining weight

If you have shown consistent pattern of buying chocolates in the past, and not necessarily coincident with the promo, they might take that into account. It is the infrequent and excessive purchases that raise the alarm bells. I certainly fit that pattern as I truly depend on what is on clearance (I have zero brand loyalty for my shelter donation shopping).

BTW, if you buy a large quantity and using coupons, the manufacturer has the right to deny the stores reimbursement or at best, audit the stores. My "soup shop" got audited because of the Campbell soup purchases. Thankfully they got all their $$$.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sharkie View Post
    This is just plain idiotic! If they are getting reimbursed with the coupons...why do they care if you USE coupons or not? Especially since they said you can continue to buy as many Nivea as you wanted and STILL get the points, but without coupons??? So you as a smart shopper, wanted to get the best use out of your coupons and waited for a sale, providing for your family...what is wrong with that??? They seriously are freezing your account because of this?! IS it because you got the items for free and that's what put them over the edge?

and what on earth is wrong with the word f.l.a.g?? I thought the other F word was bad? WTF?!

Did you finally get your card unfrozen sharkie? or get back your points?
    Last edited by littlebean; Tue, Nov 13th, 2012 at 02:01 AM.
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

fl@g is censored because of a competing site
    sharkie likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So since these limits are a mystery and seem to vary every time, how many people are still going to buy large quantities? Are you going to pay with a separate transaction and not swipe your card if there's a deal that's too good to pass up? Or will you just go straight to Walmart to PM?
    sharkie likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information