User Tag List

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree1072Likes

Thread: Shopper's plays their dirty games again

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

Finally got the call. They basically said they are taking away all the points from the Huggies and we accept that or else they wont let us have our other points we earned.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I am very sorry they did that. To me that is not fair, did anyone else loose their huggie points or just you?
    glenglen likes this.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

I think lots of people are having problems with their cards for all kinds of reasons. They wouldn't allow me one as a reasonable household limit - won't tell me what they feel is a reasonable limit. REALLY frustrated right now. I'm not trying to be unethical in my use of a products and for those of you who know me, know that is not how I operate, but when they don't post a limit and I buy some and then they freeze my account without notice or explanation for 3 weeks and then this is their response?
    glenglen and torontogal12 like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poirot View Post
    If anyone wants to switch Aeroplan because they think it's better.It's gone downhill too.
    I agree SDM has the best program - I mostly shop on point promo days (hey, anyone remember the 15X ones, 2 years ago?) and redeem strategically and have directed much of my grocery/household/personal care shopping to SDM and find they have very competitive prices on 20X days.

I also do Aeroplan thru VISA (get 50% extra points on grocery, pharmacy and gas). Plus since I am an insulin pump user, I spend over $7K on supplies so earns lots of Optimum points and aeroplan points.

It took me under 3 years to earn enough aeroplan points to fly my family of 4 to Australia and Maui last Christmas and I costed those tix on Expedia and they would have cost me $13K. I figure the SDM ROI is well over 40% and about 6% with Aeroplan.

So I do continue to rack up Aeroplan points AND SDM points as they can be used together. I sure wish there were other great programs out there like SDM.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by debragirl31 View Post
    Finally got the call. They basically said they are taking away all the points from the Huggies and we accept that or else they wont let us have our other points we earned.
    wow that does not surprise me with SDM...they give things out then take them away
    glenglen likes this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sam786 View Post
    if they(SDM) dont like people using coupons and getting stuff for free...they should change their logo free feels good.moreover i was at shoppers drug mart #1466...and cashier..she seemed to be unhappy when i use coupons..she said that she dont have time for all this..and more over she said she goes to sobeys or longos for her shopping because she cannot wait in line while people are doing these things on other stores...i was stuck i was looking at her how she was talking to me as couponing is a crime and i replied i do it as a fun thank you AND HAVE A NICE DAY..
    Quote Originally Posted by SharonMe View Post
    Wow.
    I think you should get bonus points for having to go through that at checkout.
    If they don't want you to get bonus points with a free item then they should configure their computers so it doesn't allow it.
    Not give the points and then back-pedal.
    i did call the head office about the cashier's behaviour but i was surprised they did not take it serious...they said it happens some time but we will let the store manager know about your experience and then all of a sudden she disconnect the call...and thats it.
    Last edited by sam786; Sat, Nov 10th, 2012 at 01:45 AM.
    glenglen likes this.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sunraven View Post
    Where have you been?? It's been so long!
    Nice to know I've been missed lol...Had a busy summer boating & selling Scentsy Wickless warmers & baking for bake sales! Never enough hours in the day it seems haha
    Nice to be back on SC...miss everyone!
    glenglen, anisa, uanoor and 10 others like this.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

are you going to return the huggies ?
    glenglen and sharkie like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks for the update. I'm really sorry to hear this. It seems not fair when SDM did nothing to those who bought 400 chocolate bars and more than 200 Huggies wipes, as we all know most of them ended up on Kijiji
    glenglen, Jezebel, Tabby40 and 1 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

It almost feels like Shoppers is trying to upset as many of their points collectors as possible by offending a small percentage so they can scare people (knowing there are forums dedicated to them). Sometimes I wonder what their marketing group is thinking because a bad reputation is hard to salvage, but then, remembering the 2011 points fiasco, the numerous clawback incidents, .... it fits right in.

On the other hand, their points program is their largest draw and a business model that constantly disappoints customers isn't good. I hope they keep that in mind. But, they probably won't care until more and more people walk away. They're probably thinking the mega redemption will smooth things over, at least until the next incident.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

In my opinion, if you haven't spent your points you better get out there and do it. They are going through transactions, freezing cards and taking points away. You either agree to abide by their reasonable household limit (which they won't tell you how many is btw), or they won't even give you back your other points. Basically they will hold you hostage until you agree to abide by their terms. I am so done with them. They'll let you keep the product, but they are taking away your points you earned which they are being paid for by the company. So they are keeping the 'points profit' for themselves. BTW the guy on the phone told me today they are going to be reviewing the chocolate bars as well... So if you haven't spent your points you might want to get out there and do it. And don't try to transfer to another card because they will freeze that one too (so they told me when I asked). Like I said, I was treated like a criminal when everything I did was up front and with the full knowledge of the Manager. The Manager called me today and apologized for everything and said I could return the items for a full refund. But I still loose my investment of my initial points and don't get that back, as well as any points I earned. So it's been a pretty upsetting time and I lost 50,000 points (my investment). So please be careful. This company is not forthright and honest in its points system in my experience.
    glenglen, anisa, Jezebel and 3 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I spent mine already at the last bonus redemtion - Id rather lose out on $50 than miss out on getting $200 worth of free stuff. I did 3 $200 redemtions for mostly diapers and forumla and household items and dont know what I would have done with out it! I think from now one if I earn a lot of points I will just spend them right away, better safe than sorry. I nervous for everyone that something is going to happen before the mega. Fingers crossed it doesnt tho!
    glenglen and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Has anyone else who participated in the huggies wipes promo had their points taken away?? or accounts frozen for that reason??

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

In my opinion, if you haven't spent your points you better get out there and do it. They are going through transactions, freezing cards and taking points away. You either agree to abide by their reasonable household limit (which they won't tell you how many is btw), or they won't even give you back your other points. Basically they will hold you hostage until you agree to abide by their terms. I am so done with them. They'll let you keep the product, but they are taking away your points you earned which they are being paid for by the company. So they are keeping the 'points profit' for themselves. BTW the guy on the phone told me today they are going to be reviewing the chocolate bars as well... So if you haven't spent your points you might want to get out there and do it. And don't try to transfer to another card because they will freeze that one too (so they told me when I asked). Like I said, I was treated like a criminal when everything I did was up front and with the full knowledge of the Manager. The Manager called me today and apologized for everything and said I could return the items for a full refund. But I still loose my investment of my initial points and don't get that back, as well as any points I earned. So it's been a pretty upsetting time and I lost 50,000 points (my investment). So please be careful. This company is not forthright and honest in its points system in my experience.

I am sorry this happened to you. How many did you buy ?
    glenglen likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

I wonder if enough people would stop shopping at shoppers they might do things more honestly how can they offer points flyer after flyer and then tell the point collectors to basically bank off.
    hcao, Cuckoobird and walkonby like this.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information