User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: QOTD: Wed 31 Oct - Halloween

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Nothing at all. It's raining here, so I don't know how many kids will be out and about tonight.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A madhouse again this year!
    Our DD and her hubby are bringing our grandson over before he does the round of their little street....he's in a light-up Spiderman costume, so I'm heading out for some special treats for him....then all hell is going to break loose with about 160 (last year's count) tots coming to the door, and our Jenny frightening the bejeegers out of them with her barking!
    I think that's an appropriate scare for them..hehehe....
    Poor pup....I don't want to put her into another room, although I guess she and I can hide-out in the computer room so that my hubby can hand out the treats (the ones we didn't get to, yet)....he usually does anyway. I don't particularly like going to the door and gushing over kids....he does..

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Lynn, my husband loves handing out the treats, too! I usually start doing them, then after a while my knees get sore from all the getting up and sitting down, lol - so he takes over.

It's usually okay with the cats - Taffy will hide, so we won't see a whisker of her over the evening.

But Vader is snoopy and loves company, so I can see her wanting to be right at the door - hopefully we can keep her on the cat perch (it's near the door) so she can just watch out the window. Last year she was just a kitten, so it wasn't a problem...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post
    I am dressed up as a witch right now for work lol were having a costume party at noon.

Tonight, dressing up the dog, and going to the pet store - they are giving away doggy treat bags to dressed up dogs lol

That's awesome you guys have a party. Pics of you PLZ!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I`ll be handing out treats and maybe a kitten! then I am going to try and scare teenagers at the scary old farm house, then I may end up a party.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Since it is rainy, we are opening up our garage, putting on the coffee pot, putting out a few chairs and handing out candy from there. Hubby will take the 2 year old out for a half hour before bed to get himself some candy...parents like him will be disappointed at my house as I bought a box of Baby MumMums to hand out to the wee ones!!! However, I will be glad to top up their coffee mug or give them a styrofoam cup o' joe, as we will brew enough to share.

We live in townhomes and our community is fairly neighbourly on the 31st! I will dress up as a mad scientist.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    I`ll be handing out treats and maybe a kitten! then I am going to try and scare teenagers at the scary old farm house, then I may end up a party.
    A kitten!!??
    Oh, don't let Natalka know or she'll be at YOUR house trick&treating!!
    "May" end up at a party? Of course you will! Have fun, Hon!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Lynn, my husband loves handing out the treats, too! I usually start doing them, then after a while my knees get sore from all the getting up and sitting down, lol - so he takes over.

It's usually okay with the cats - Taffy will hide, so we won't see a whisker of her over the evening.

But Vader is snoopy and loves company, so I can see her wanting to be right at the door - hopefully we can keep her on the cat perch (it's near the door) so she can just watch out the window. Last year she was just a kitten, so it wasn't a problem...
    Oh, I hear ya about the knees, Natalka...but basically he just gets more excited with them...all the "oohhh..who do we have here? Are you a good witch or a bad witch?...." etc, etc...Gah. It's just not me. He likes kids more than I do...lol...which is probably a good thing since he taught them chemistry and math for 30 years! I can't comprehend facing teenagers every day without being fully loaded!! And yes, Jenny was more of a controllable pup last year...this year she just wiggles out of my arms and heads for the door!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Getting ready now, expecting over 500 tonight.

Sadly vandals tried to put a damper on it, they stole a few things, threw eggs on the house and tried to break stuff but that won't stop me.
    anisa, Lynn49, kazm-l and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

When the kids were small we gave out candy, or walked them round the neighbourhood, or both but now that they're older we just shut up shop and pretend we're not home,lol
    We tend to throw on a new movie, eat candy and thats about it.
    anisa, Lynn49, ninna and 1 others like this.
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On behalf of vandals I apologize .. me and brother were famous for that in Humble, Texas back in the day... and I realize how bad that made victims feel. But it was fun! Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Getting ready now, expecting over 500 tonight.

Sadly vandals tried to put a damper on it, they stole a few things, threw eggs on the house and tried to break stuff but that won't stop me.
    anisa, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We're going to be THAT house on the block. We totally forgot about buying Candy. We were going to go to a family friends' house, but Sparky can't go (There's going to be a LOT of people there, and they have a small house with a very mean kitten) so I'm staying home with Sparky, and we're gonna lounge on the couch and watch non-scary movies (hmph! there are NO horror movies on TV tonight).
    Lynn49, ninna and danger_dan like this.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Much 10 pm RHPS....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Oh, I hear ya about the knees, Natalka...but basically he just gets more excited with them...all the "oohhh..who do we have here? Are you a good witch or a bad witch?...." etc, etc...Gah. It's just not me. He likes kids more than I do...lol...which is probably a good thing since he taught them chemistry and math for 30 years! I can't comprehend facing teenagers every day without being fully loaded!! And yes, Jenny was more of a controllable pup last year...this year she just wiggles out of my arms and heads for the door!!
    Although we agree to split the duty every year, I know my DH gets a bigger kick out of it too! Although I don't think either of us could face a room full of teenagers all day without being at least halfway in the bag, if not fully loaded!

I don't know how Sprinkles will do with any Trick or Treaters we get; this is her first year being a solitary cat and she's a bit more unpredictable than in years past, when she would probably just run under the bed and take a nap for a few hours!
    Natalka, Lynn49 and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

We will be taking the kids out together. DD#1 is a pirate; DD#2 is a unicorn. We never get a single trick-or-treater at our house because of our isolated location.

Me and DH are dressing up as a pair of dice. I'd cynically joked we should be a pair of snake eyes because it's been that kind of week thus far, but I opted for optimism instead and we add up to seven at the front and back. Really wishing the rain would hurry up and disappear. Our dice are made out of cardboard so that won't hold up terribly well if it keeps pouring at this rate.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information