User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree193Likes

Thread: QOTD: Wed 31 Oct - Halloween

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Oh we never broke stuff. We just did things to pumpkins mostly. And i do feel genuine remorse.

Anything you do now, will be passed down to generations of kids. Within 12 years, the story would have been exagereted to the point, they firmly believe you boiled mischief makers way back in 2012. no kid wll come near your place.
    pffft, not a chance

The people that come and break stuff are not kids who go around for candy these are adults, in cars, we chased them last year also. The police were patrolling the neighbor hood at 4.a.m. because the paper delivery person told me tonight. They also got other houses a few blocks away. These are not pumpkin breakers they are hooligans.

675 kids tonight , a new record

Happy Halloween
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

675 kids tonight , a new record
    Really? Oh my goodness!!!

Is that your place? WOW!
    Patty Smyth likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

We had around 50 kids, not as many as usual - but, wow, some awesome costumes and VERY polite children!
    Our son really got into the decorating, putting up strings of lights outdoors - the bony hands are very cool - and decorated doors outside and inside, blacklight in the light fixture - and he carved two pumpkins to put out on the steps.

Patty, too bad you had troubles with your display. Do you guys collect for the food bank or another charity? That's what people do around here when they have big light displays for Hallowe'en and Christmas.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

No kids here (I don't think we have 10 kids in the whole building, & most of them are under 3). But...we have a lot of happy doggies - I put a tray of homemade doggy biscuits shaped like bats & skulls out for them last night. & yes, my brats got some too (they also got to lick the bowls clean).
    Natalka and wolfwoman like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had only about 10 kids this year. Must have been because of the rain but it is a Record low....i have never had only 10 kids. Good news is that everyone at work is enjoying the left over candy
    danger_dan likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

We had over 100. I dressed as a mad scientist. I had one sweet girl ask me how I got my hair (wig) that colour (pink). I told her I grow some special hair. She ran to her mom and yelled, "Mom, that lady grows special hair! Isn't it great!." She was about 5. My favourite part of the night outside my own kids!

This is my first Nov. 1 in a while not teaching. Soooooooooooooooooo glad I am not on lunch duty today.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

We didn't have out candy. But that was only because it is hit or miss if someone is going to be home since I take my two youngest out trick or treating. I make and hand out candy apples to the kids that live in the co-op the night before. This year between the co-op, the baton club, one class and a few friends I handed out 73 of them.

Yesterday I was running around like crazy and ended up dressing the service dog up like a fairy princess just to have fun since she had to be with me anyways. Then in the evening I took my two youngest, and the dog trick or treating at the mall and door to door. We got soaked but it was fun. Thank goodness we had the car to warm up in since I have to drive to the area were I like to take the kids. I will say that there weren't that many kids going door to door in the area we were in. Normally there are tons of kids since it is a well known hot spot for good treats.

Today is the day I hit the stores for my goodies since you can sometimes get good deals on treats.
    Natalka and danger_dan like this.
    Not All Disabilities Are Visible. Proud owner of a medical alert wonder pup. (formally a puppy mill pup that was rescued and assists a special needs child)

Trading Score
    33 (100%)

We got a record 8 trick-or-treaters last night! Well, to be honest, 2 of them were probably too old to be doing it, but I'm pretty sure that one of the two had some developmental issues, so I gave 'em candy anyways. I didn't end up dressing up as I was trying to make schnitzel when the doorbell rang for the first time and was thus covered in flour, egg and breadcrumbs.

DH is now happily enjoying the 80 or so chocolates left over in the 100+ piece box he purchased. So far as I can tell he is not sharing....

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by vesper View Post
    Really? Oh my goodness!!!

Is that your place? WOW!

So you can see why I am upset. I put a lot of work into it for the kids and would hate to have to stop doing it one year because of some "mad" night antics.

Actually I am seriously thinking of hiring a security company for the night. It might be worth it.
    vesper likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

was helper mom at school yesterday for the kindergarten class...oh boy those ladies don't get paid enough.15 kids hopped up on cupcakes,juice and various treats.they had me arrange the zip folders,there was a parade of costumes (actually impressed seeing as how it's a catholic school,lucky they havent adopted "black and orange day"),they watched spooky buddies and then we went home,i had a nap on the couch for an hour and then it was out trick or treating in -20 weather...i had my scarf on my ears tied around my chin and head,wearing my work coveralls for changing oil,oh i looked sexy...lol...kid loved it,though.hubby met us for another 10 houses and we were done,we got home at 8,had some kfc and went to bed...no kids.we never get any...it's sad..i just turn out the light now and don't bother
    Natalka and Granger like this.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

We had 19 kids this year and that is a record high for us. I managed to scare a couple of adults with my props, too funny! I had 1 little girl too scared to even come in the house and her sister was too scared to even talk. 1 friend was on his way home from work and stopped by to get a couple of treatbags for his daughters. But when he saw my decorations both inside and outside, he phoned his wife and told her she had to come over and see this. It was too fun of a night!!
    Natalka and lecale like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information