User Tag List

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Mega Redemption Cancelled?

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by seltaeb24 View Post
    This is my post from last saturday and I took quite a bit of flak for it. To those that did that, I say I told you so. To everyone else I feel bad for those people that were saving up for this, my wife being one of them. But 210.00 is better then 170.00........By the way google SDM profits and you will see that their was no need to not have a Mega redemption.
    Good intelligence is always appreciated, but this is the internet and, as you said, you are a newbie on this site. Those who were skeptical were being smart Canucks. Now that you have established yourself as a credible source, please don't hesitate to share more. For example, are you hearing anything about promos after December 1st?
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Trading Score
    149 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by PinkLincoln View Post
    The only reason I got GCs was to try and get enough for a PS3 on mega :-( hopefully it goes on sale for $199. But since its redemption, I doubt it.
    You are downtown Toronto, right? Hit the Path's stores - start scouring which stores has it Mon and ask the manager if they can hold for you till Fri. The PATH stores are doing redemption on Fri.

The way I see it, if you redeem this weekend, you still have to top up $30. If you redeem on Fri, you top up $20 - so you are still ahead! or better still, buy something this week to $50, get $10 GC and use it towards the PS3.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    No we cant take them to another store, but we can choose to spend a lot less at SDM next year as many of us did this year
    We all factor in the redemption factor when shopping at SDM because their prices are higher, I can go to Walmart, price match to wherever and not get points but likely have the money for a "redemption" in my bank account at the end of the year
    that is what I did because SDM is overpriced on most items so I just went to Walmart and No Frills did some price matching plus coupons here and there. Then saved close to $300 just for Christmas and now I can spend the $300 at any store and not pay the over priced items at Shopper's. I will still do a small redemption for some Christmas Cards etc but that is it. Why pay $8.99 for advil when I can go to Walmart and pay $3.99 and use a printable coupon.
    Kerricakes likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by logansmom123 View Post
    I gotta feel for those people at the call center. I work in a call center as well and it sucks when there is limited info being given to frontline reps and rumors going around. I just called to check on my bonus points and got the glitch, points on Monday answer. I told the guy that I felt sorry for him for having to deal with this mess and he had a little friendly vent with me. nothing like another call center employee to commiserate with, lol. And of course, he added another rumor that he has heard at the call center - there might be a mega redemption for $250 just before Xmas or on boxing day...he made it clear that this is just a rumor floating around the call center...and believe me, rumors are like wildfire in call centers.
    Last year, didn't someone post something about a second mega redemption that was supposed to happen the weekend before x-mas but then it got cancelled? If that was true, it's plausible they may have just decided to delay the mega redemption this year, and this redemption is just a ploy to get us to waste our Optimum points ahead of the true mega redemption. For the super redemptions in June they always seem to do a bonus redemption a few weeks before in May, and the stores always call me up on the phone to try to get me to come spend my points like they know the super redemption is right around the corner. Basically, if they call me on the phone to try to convince me to come spend my points next weekend, I think I'll know not to redeem for sure, lol.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I have decided to write to the RBC people responsible for the SDM MC (which has been sold again for what, the third time in a few years now?) and tell them that I will be cancelling my card if SDM's marketing team doesn't get their sh*t together. They won't care about just one of me, no doubt, but I am in that kind of a mood after this latest fiasco.
    carlyincanada likes this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Doda View Post
    Went to Murale today and was told by a cosmetician that they will have mega Redemption this year on Dec 1, and as well on Nov 29-30 - together with a big 4th Anniversary Gala. So I will spend my points on gifts there...
    I may do 1 redemption there also Fyi, Murale does not accept the SDM gc -- apparently some of the staff have unknowingly accepted it in the past. So overage and taxes will have to be paid by other means

Silk
    Doda likes this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    I may do 1 redemption there also Fyi, Murale does not accept the SDM gc -- apparently some of the staff have unknowingly accepted it in the past. So overage and taxes will have to be paid by other means

Silk
    Now, with the confirmed lower levels that last year, I think I'm gonna pass on this one
    I don't NEED anything, as all the stuff on my redemption list is just luxuries and no necessities perfumes, high-end make-up etc. I think I'm gonna wait for a better redemption (ex. with a point kick-back, like in June) as all those things never go on sale and their price will stay the same through the year.
    anisa, Silk and FallenPixels like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    33 (97%)

why can I see the screen shot?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

That's proof enough for me at this point....boo.
    well, all I can say, from reading everyone's disappointed comment, is Be SURE to only buy exactly what you need, and try to stick to a purchase of $50 from mostly the 2 day sales and other good priced necessities that work well with coupons, cause there is no point in spending more at SDM just for points...like other people said just save your money and shop elsewhere if it's not on sale! Then do a "redemption" with the savings
    im happy to say I have shopped for nothing that was cheaper elsewhere on 20 x the points days and any amount of a redemption I guess I will have to be happy with ( though this was my first Mega redemption)

Good luck to everyone spend them well!..whenever you choose to!
    Quote Originally Posted by allycat3630 View Post
    I was just at my local shoppers and there is a memo on their wall saying there is NO MEGA redemption. I guess they have been asked by a gazillion people that they posted a memo
    Last edited by Stretchthatdollar!; Sat, Nov 24th, 2012 at 08:09 PM.
    anisa, Poirot and Anna Michele like this.
    HOHOHO ‘‘tis then season for trading
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sisyphe View Post
    For the super redemptions in June they always seem to do a bonus redemption a few weeks before in May, and the stores always call me up on the phone to try to get me to come spend my points like they know the super redemption is right around the corner. Basically, if they call me on the phone to try to convince me to come spend my points next weekend, I think I'll know not to redeem for sure, lol.

Just posted this in the merged thread...

I just got a call from my local SDM (Winnipeg) and they were calling to "let me know about the redeem your points event this weekend - Dec. 1st." I was given all the standard info for points (95k = $210 etc) but was also told this would be the last redeem your points event before Xmas.

Of course, this was just told to me over the phone so it's not like we can be 100% sure it's right. And of course, this totally contradicts the rumor the SDM call center employee told me earlier today!

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. This is my first year doing the whole SDM points thing and while I'm happy to be getting free stuff (I buy only on 20x the points, only items that are the same as other local sales, use coupons, get medications that are fully covered by insurance etc) I'm going to be upset it they pull a switcheroo and do some big mega thing after telling me they aren't going to do one.
    Last edited by logansmom123; Sat, Nov 24th, 2012 at 09:42 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    115 (100%)

Maybe they will do a mega right AFTER Christmas like for new years...that wouldn't suprize me... Hmm..debating on hanging onto the points, but I really would like to make Christmas a little extra special with no worries too... Decisions decisions
    Anna Michele likes this.
    HOHOHO ‘‘tis then season for trading
    check out my TL/WL fair trader, been out of the game for too long, small but HV list.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I am thinking of hanging onto mine for Boxing Day sales
    Doda and Anna Michele like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

I will decide if in going to spend once I see the flyer. I generally only buy sale items at sdm

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by logansmom123 View Post
    Just posted this in the merged thread... I just got a call from my local SDM (Winnipeg) and they were calling to "let me know about the redeem your points event this weekend - Dec. 1st." I was given all the standard info for points (95k = $210 etc) but was also told this would be the last redeem your points event before Xmas. Of course, this was just told to me over the phone so it's not like we can be 100% sure it's right. And of course, this totally contradicts the rumor the SDM call center employee told me earlier today! It will be interesting to see how this plays out. This is my first year doing the whole SDM points thing and while I'm happy to be getting free stuff (I buy only on 20x the points, only items that are the same as other local sales, use coupons, get medications that are fully covered by insurance etc) I'm going to be upset it they pull a switcheroo and do some big mega thing after telling me they aren't going to do one.
    Interesting. If they specifically said last redemption event before x-mas, that really makes me suspect they're planning to do a potentially better one shortly after. I wouldn't blame them for trying to make more profit off the x-mas shopping people are bound to do and then try to give people an even greater motivation to return after x-mas when no one really wants to shop. Unless there are good sales in the flyer I will be passing up this redemption event. It's only $10 more than a regular bonus redemption, so I'm willing to take my chances on missing out on that $10 for the possibility of a boxing day/new year's mega redemption or another super redemption come June.
    Kerricakes and Anna Michele like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Doda View Post
    Now, with the confirmed lower levels that last year, I think I'm gonna pass on this one
    I don't NEED anything, as all the stuff on my redemption list is just luxuries and no necessities perfumes, high-end make-up etc. I think I'm gonna wait for a better redemption (ex. with a point kick-back, like in June) as all those things never go on sale and their price will stay the same through the year.
    You know... I think that's smart. You have me re-thinking things. I usually redeem mostly for cosmetics and throw other stuff in if there's $ left over. But I have some makeup I do need to pick up soon, so I will probably redeem for at least that. Once I see the flyer I will know how much I will redeem for, if I will do 1 or 2 redemptions etc. Last time I picked up lots of groceries for the first time and I really liked getting 'free' food . So if I decide to do only 1 redemption I'll skip murale and stick to a store where I can get both my makeup and groceries.

Silk
    Have a great life!

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information