User Tag List

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree798Likes

Thread: Mega Redemption Cancelled?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by renegado View Post
    People are right to be disappointed. Based on the last two years' Mega redemptions, some people have increased their shopping at SDM and saved their points for Christmas. They may wind up redeeming their points at a lower value than they thought the points would be worth when they bought them (and we do buy our points, let's not forget). This works out well for SDM in the near term, but disappointing your customers is never a good marketing strategy.

In point value, 95,000/$210 will be only the fourth best offer of 2012. Disappointing, indeed. Oh, well. We can't take our Optimum points to another store. Have to take whatever we can get for them.

If SDM is hurting -- which is what cheaping out on Christmas looks like -- slashing year-end bonuses in the marketing department would have been the smarter thing to do.
    Damned straight.
    anisa, carlyincanada and Poirot like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Bubbelinchen posted a screenshot of the redemption levels for next week - looks like confirmed at $210
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Bubbelinchen posted a screenshot of the redemption levels for next week - looks like confirmed at $210
    Myintuition posted it. Bubbelinchen quoted.
    Amazon and Starbucks GiftCards for Searching the net? Yes I did and so can you!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/canadianbugga

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

i didn't post, i just quoted. ;-)

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow, feeling a little disappointed with SDM today. Already annoyed about the GC bps and now finding out that there is no mega redemption. On the bright side....$210 is still better than $170 for top redemption.
    peachies likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kidsteph View Post
    Now I am believing that the redemption value of the 95,000 points is less than $250. A coworker sent me the following email yesterday - FWIW:
    ….re: Mega Redemption amount will be reduced from $250 to $210 this year (that’s sad!)

(I heard from someone I know at Bryan’s hockey who knows someone that works at SDM)

I am hoping if that is the case they will also have a $300 redemption at the 134K level. This coworker is tasked to find that out now....
    Hmm, good to know my contact was bang on (even the news sucks). I will ask her to do a recon mission and find out if there are any plans for a future mega redemption.
    anisa, carlyincanada and sadybrad like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nash0109 View Post
    Wow, feeling a little disappointed with SDM today. Already annoyed about the GC bps and now finding out that there is no mega redemption. On the bright side....$210 is still better than $170 for top redemption.
    Seriously, they must have the worst PR department in the world! I will be calling tomorrow re: the GC BPs, because with the news that I'm $40 less next weekend on the redemption, this flyer would have been much more appealing

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    This just goes to show you NOT to buy things just because you'll get points. You always have to factor in if you need the item and what the price is elsewhere. Best thing to do is to know your prices and that way, this really IS free. I'm disappointed as well but I also know I didn't just shop for things just to get points.

Theres lots of us on here who don't buy items just to get points.
    But will go out of our way to buy these items at shoppers because we do get points on them.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by seltaeb24 View Post
    I know that I am a newbie on here, BUT IT IS TRUE, MEGA REDEMPTION CANCELLED YESTERDAY VIA A CONFERENCE CALL WITH MANAGERS. My aunt is cosmetic manager and i just come from SDM she gave me the bad news.
    This is my post from last saturday and I took quite a bit of flak for it. To those that did that, I say I told you so. To everyone else I feel bad for those people that were saving up for this, my wife being one of them. But 210.00 is better then 170.00........By the way google SDM profits and you will see that their was no need to not have a Mega redemption.

Cheers
    Last edited by seltaeb24; Sat, Nov 24th, 2012 at 02:30 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I gotta feel for those people at the call center. I work in a call center as well and it sucks when there is limited info being given to frontline reps and rumors going around. I just called to check on my bonus points and got the glitch, points on Monday answer. I told the guy that I felt sorry for him for having to deal with this mess and he had a little friendly vent with me. nothing like another call center employee to commiserate with, lol.

And of course, he added another rumor that he has heard at the call center - there might be a mega redemption for $250 just before Xmas or on boxing day...he made it clear that this is just a rumor floating around the call center...and believe me, rumors are like wildfire in call centers.
    anisa and carlyincanada like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

This is my post from last saturday and I took quite a bit of flak for it. To those that did that, I say I told you so. To everyone else I feel bad for those people that were saving up for this, my wife being one of them. But 210.00 is better then 170.00........By the way google SDM profits and you will see that their was no need to not have a Mega redemption.

Cheers
    You are having the last laugh

I feel sorry for the posters who were giving you flak , just because you said something they didn't want to hear.

Next time say something they want to hear ( even though its wrong ) and watch them cheerlead you
    thriftygranny likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Cheers
    I am disappointed in Shoppers' PR flip flops, too. However, I do think it is only fair to point out that Shoppers Drug Mart did not make any kind of an official announcement indicating there would be a $250 Mega-Redemption this year. The first Mega was in 2010 and we all had our fingers crossed that it would return for 2011, which it did. I am very disappointed that it will not occur in 2012 but in all fairness to SDM they were not advertising one...we were all hoping/assuming/trying to determine that they would have a mega-redemption this year. Like everyone else, I have saved my points for next week-end, but again, although I'm disappointed, I don't feel that I am entitled to a mega redemption. At this point, I am happy that I will be able to redeem twice for $210....worst case scenario would have been that they didn't have a special December redemption at all..
    Last edited by DianneS; Sat, Nov 24th, 2012 at 03:38 PM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by logansmom123 View Post
    And of course, he added another rumor that he has heard at the call center - there might be a mega redemption for $250 just before Xmas or on boxing day...he made it clear that this is just a rumor floating around the call center...and believe me, rumors are like wildfire in call centers.
    Ugh- I can't even handle that rumor... I've already gone over my list and eliminated Xmas gifts in lieu of grocery items. $40 is a big difference when you factor in coupons.

Trading Score
    149 (100%)

For those who are in downtown Toronto, the usual stores in the PATH is confirmed doing the redemption on Fri. If you still want this week's electronics, you can redeem them on Fri.
    Last edited by Tripsplanner; Sat, Nov 24th, 2012 at 04:14 PM.

Trading Score
    149 (100%)

Several of us heard they got memos today
    38k = $70
    50k = $105
    95k = $210
    Yup confirmed!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information