User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Prank call to Kate's hospital results in nurse's suicide!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^
    I pray with all my heart that the hospital is speaking the truth regarding their support for the nurse....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I know this isn't popular but I really don't believe they meant to humilate anyone beyond themselves. They probably didn't think they would even get through with their fake accents and with what they were saying. I realize this is very tragic but I also think this level of hatred for these two DJ's is a little over the top.
    anisa, abbasgirl, McSkier and 2 others like this.
    Start your savings with Ing direct orange key: 14063041S1

Have you tried swagbucks? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/sciotti

Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I am shocked ..why did anyone help the nurse before she died !! May God comfort her family & friends.

I heard on the news that the DJ were no longer on the air but didn't hear the end of the news story ..were they fired ??

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

her being from India, she couldn't understand or grasp the humor of being pranked.... so therefore, killed herself rather than lose face.

"saving face" is similiar to "honor killing" in the southeast asian community

i'm sure the dj's mean't no harm, even though i didn't find the prank funny
    Last edited by frugal50; Sat, Dec 8th, 2012 at 01:54 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by McSkier View Post
    ^
    I pray with all my heart that the hospital is speaking the truth regarding their support for the nurse....
    I sincerely doubt they "supported" her any more than they're likely supporting the nurse who gave out the information. To prevent them from losing face they'll keep her on but I'm sure in the months to come she'll find herself "redundant".
    As for someone "not meaning anyone harm", then why the hell pull a prank where it's obvious to everyone other than those fools that if ANYONE put their call through, their jobs would be lost!
    Oh. Let's prank the US President...let's get his secretary to put us through to him, pretending to be someone else! NOTHING will happen to HER if we do that, right? Right??? Are you kidding me?! She'd be fired on the spot and anyone with an ounce of sense in their heads would know that!
    Absolutely stupid. I hope they're off the air forever!
    Pranks are the lowest form of humour. They're always intended to make someone look stupid.
    If that's humour, count me out.
    Autum likes this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    her being from India, she couldn't understand or grasp the humor of being pranked.... so therefore, killed herself rather than lose face.

"saving face" is similiar to "honor killing" in the southeast asian community

i'm sure the dj's mean't no harm, even though i didn't find the prank funny
    india is not in southeast asia.

the south asian 'community' is comprised of ppls from 4 or 5 dif nations, of probably a dozen religions, many cultures that are very different from each other, even within the one nation of india. and yes, they do laugh and joke around.

she may have had personal issues, and to make light of the possibility is a little insensitive.
    Last edited by anisa; Sat, Dec 8th, 2012 at 11:57 PM.
    icangarden and Darth Penguin like this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    india is not in southeast asia.

the south asian 'community' is comprised of ppls from 4 or 5 dif nations, of probably a dozen religions, many cultures that are very different from each other, even within the one nation of india. and yes, they do laugh and joke around.

she may have had personal issues, and to make light of the possibility is a little insensitive.
    fine, india is not in southeast asia

but i do believe that her culture and belief system didn't see the humor behind the prank call

that said, it was rather selfish of her to leave behind a husband and two kids

just to save face from embarrasement, don't ya think!!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My heart goes out to the family and friends. Such a sad ending to a stupid prank.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Is this not some sort of fraud? pretending to be the queen to get confidential information
    Autum likes this.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I don't get it. She's from india so she can't 'take a joke'?? (whether this was a joke or not - I say not, and i'm from CANADA).

I don't think race has anything to do with it.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The security at the palace should have had someone at the hospital 24/7 to screen any calls to Kate.The poor nurse answered the phone as there was no receptionist(5am) answering the phone.Both nurses were helpful & kind.This sickens me a good person who had helped many, many patients in her life has gone & these two idiots live on to humiliate more people in their radio show to make their money for a living.They should have informed the nurse it was a prank call & asked permission to air it according to international law.They did not do that so they should be charged for that(It doesnt count in Australia but this was an international call.)The poor children are left Motherless because of a stupid mindless prank.
    Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To answer Divas question,no they werent fired they have taken a leave of absence from the station,the manager refuses to fire them as it was also the stations fault as it was put to their lawyers before it went on air.The point Belle made is well taken,impersonating the Queen seems to be wrong but obviously no law against it,which is odd.The station has lost a lot of its advertisers who have pulled their adverts from them.
    Also putting down peoples culture is not right in my opinion,live & let live is my thought.
    Anyway God bless that womans family,friends & collegues they must be in hell right now and may the poor nurse RIP.
    Lynn49 likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

On another angle its also so sad for the Royal couple to have this happen because of their pregnancy.I have a lot of admiration for Kate the way she handled the topless scandel & carried on with her duties regardless.Now this has to happen. I had the terrible morning sickness with my first pregnancy & its hard when you still have to work when feeling so sick all the time.It might be better if the Drs went to the palace next time & set up a private nurse for her when it happens again.Im sure they can afford it & this would be much safer.
    Insane and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugal50 View Post
    fine, india is not in southeast asia

but i do believe that her culture and belief system didn't see the humor behind the prank call...
    well, i guess you are the expert.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    i really do whole heartedly believe this was a call obviously from another country just to see if they could get through.this lady was filling in that night on switchboard,she may not have known protocol,who knows,but i do not think these guys sought her out or intended hurtful things...it is a tragedy is what it is..a tragedy this woman even with all support,ended her life.
    I agree. Although it's a good example of "actions have consequences." I tell my children all the time that their actions have consequences. Seems the DJs need to learn that lesson too.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information