User Tag List

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    346 (100%)

EJEJ - no worries - great news to have some shifts. We`ll be here when you have time.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I watched your second link. I was familiar with most of the stuff you talked about, but didn't know about the "Sticky" thread for finding hidden coupons on websites like save.ca, etc. Thank you for that. I found it really helpful.

I find this site is great for asking about coupon etiquette.

Looking forward to learning more as we go. Thanks Darlene for all you are doing for us.

Also, heads up, I found Old Spice deodorant on sale for $1.99 at Calgary London Drugs (McKenzie Towne location) and had coupons to stack to get 4 for free. We already had enough so I'm donating them, along with my Oil of Olay body wash with stacking coupons worked out to $1 a bottle and Crest Pro Health (I think 75ml) was on sale for $1.49 so with coupons worked out to be free. It's so nice to give back!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a great shop last night at WalMart.... Pre-Coupon Total = $192.55, Post-Coupon Total = $102.44 (Savings of $90.11).

Some of my savings:
    Toaster Streudal $2 .00 - $1.00 = $1.00
    Betty Crocker Frosting $1.00 - $1.00 = FREE
    LeClerc Cookies $1.77 - .50 = $1.27
    Green Giant Vegetables $1.97 - $1.00 = .97
    Glade BOGO $3.47 ($1.73 ea.)
    Puffs Plus $1.48 - $1.00 = .48
    Lysol Trigger Spray $2.00 - $1.00 = $1.00
    3X 1L Listerine $5.73 -PMed to $4.49 - $3.00 = $1.49 ea.
    2X Ziploc 100 Sndwch Bags $3.73 -PMed to 2/$6 -Save $4 WUB2 = $1 ea.
    2X Ziploc Containers $3.73 - PMed to 2/$6 - Save $4 WUB2 = $1 ea.
    4X Bic Soleil Razors (4+2 Bonus Pack) $5.73 -Pmed to $4.99-$2.00= $2.99
    Olay Body Wash - PMed to $3.99 - $2.00 = $1.99
    Pillsbury Rolls $1.00 - $1.00 = FREE

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Double posted
    Last edited by rebecca123; Thu, Apr 21st, 2011 at 09:02 AM.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Way to go rebecca.

<table id="post3306834" class="tborder" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0"><tbody></tbody></table>andreald1969 The sticky threads are so useful.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thanks for the slide shows!

I knew some of what you covered but it was good to hear how you handle the ones you don't need. I don't buy a lot of "products" other than food items, in general I keep things simple so my challenge now is not to get caught up in the "buy stuff for the deal" because unless it's free I can't spend any mone I don't NEED to right now.

I also feel very guilty taking too many items or coupons off the shelf. I have such limited time I hate it when I make a special trip to the store and what I'm there for is all gone I also have serious storage limitation so I won't be stashing too much but 4-6 of something I commonly use is reasonable to me.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

JuJube

You've hit the nail on the head with your comments.

It's easy to get a sort of gold rush fever about couponing.

Here's a couple of posts that build on what you've been thinking and add to it with some shopping/stockpiling tips.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/3277234-post21.html

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/3277248-post22.html

And a couple of comments on the same thread:

Totally agree with all these comments. You seem to find your groove after the free high wears off. There is only so much room in a house no use being a hoarder.
    I have found that not having to pay(much) for household items like soap/shampoo/plastic bags leaves way more money for food or entertainment activities(with a coupon of course).
    by ahazaras

When I was new I was at the stores waaaay too much...almost every day. Now I've relaxed a tad and I go maybe 2 or 3 times. One day is spent "coupon shopping" and I don't spend any money. Friday I hit the stores for the deals before they are gone. Saturday we will go back if I want more of a certain thing.

My stockpile is huge, but within the limits of what we'll use before it expires. I don't budget for any of it because I only buy the very best deals that are free or almost free and I find that doesn't affect how much money we have at the end of the day very much.
    by KellyC

It's worth checking the whole thread - it's a pretty good conversation at about stockpiling, brag section, hoardinig, saving money and finding your feet when you start with coupons.

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/195965-how-often-do-you-canada-2/

Quote Originally Posted by jujubetwins View Post

I don't buy a lot of "products" other than food items, in general I keep things simple so my challenge now is not to get caught up in the "buy stuff for the deal" because unless it's free I can't spend any mone I don't NEED to right now.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

WOW!!! I LOVE THE SLIDE SHOW!!!! IT WORKED!!!!
    thats was great im so excited to learn more!! theres was a bunch of things i didnt know about lol. i get so overwhelmed in smartcanucks sometimes......
    1. Something new, the sticky and zone thing, although im still a little confused about the zone thing lol
    2. as for a link to a thread becuase im so overwhelmed i looked around but ended up just going with the same link that rebecca123 used because i couldnt find anything else....yet.... ( WOW I NEVER KNEW HOW TO DO THAT THANKS FOR THAT TOO!!!! )
    3.hmmmmm favorite coupon so far..... well id say the combining of the 1$ off marobone treats along with my save.ca coupon for buy 1 get 1 free, and then the store also had them on sale, so i paid 1.97$ for 2 bags of treats!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

oh oh that comment u made about the comments and limitations more or less was a good read... im starting to melo out i think... i noticed my first month my grocery shope was a bit more expansive and at first i wondered if it was becuase i started buying name brand agian and not just no name or presidents choice which we have been doing for years... but now im learning more and more each time i go, is it worth it? do i need it? etc etc..

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Sorry guys, with two small fast people at my house I am usually only able to use my IPAD to go on Smart Canucks, but tonight I hunkered down and watched the slide shows. I can't beleive I didn't think of trying couponing and saving when I was just a small pint, like 21 or something! I probably wouldn't have any bills! lol Guess I better make the best of it now hey!

I am happy to say alot of info from both slide shows was familiar to me, mostly from all the smarties on Smart Canucks. Great to see where to find sticky's and such useful info.

The week I first started couponing and stacking I think I went shopping everyday, so I was definetly addicted to the FREE light at the end of the tunnel. I have scaled back my outings for sure. Wednesday and thursday after kiddie bedtime I jump online and figure out what I will attempt to find at the sales on the weekend, and organize my coupons before heading to the stores.

My first thread attempt

I hope that worked!

My favorite coupon so far...... so many to chose from, I think with the new WM policy of money back or put toward your basket purchase, any coupon worth more than the item you are buying.
    5WUB3 Gillette
    5WUB2 Olay

I really wish I was into couponing in January when that P & G Brandsaver came out with the EPIC
    7WUB3 coupons, oh the stockpile I could have oggled! lol
    Savings since coupon mania began on February 11, 2011=$3592.72

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Yaa, I think my link worked!
    Savings since coupon mania began on February 11, 2011=$3592.72

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Way to go HouseholdSaver - mastered links ... onwards to more fun things.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

So here is Part 2. I've done a slide show with no audio track this time. Let me know what you think. Does it work? Would you prefer it with audio?

View slideshow

Thing 3: Activity

1. Where have you found the most coupons so far?

2. Where else can you find coupons?

• Can you spot a couple of "big" ways I left out? Clue - think of things on SC
    • Share other ideas that you have for finding coupons

3. Go out and find a coupon (or plan to find) with one of these new methods and tell us what it is and where you found it.

If you have a camera and are able to add a photo (to another site or to your gallery on SmartCanucks), share a photo. No worries if doing photos is not your thing, just share what you find and where.

Never posted a photo on Smart Canucks or the Internet. Here's your chance to practice.

SC Tip: How to Post photos that you take with your camera on Smart Canucks. (this is posted in Group 2's thread)

Looking forward to your answers / discussion.

P.S. To Peel or Not to Peel?

When it comes to peelies, one couponer had a major issue with a cashier who said if it's off, you can't use it. The person had the box and the peelie in hand, which she had simply peeled off to help collect all the coupons together to hand to the cashier.

So YMMV (your mileage may very) -- but this is the only time I've heard of this issue.

Peelies are a hot topic that pops up on SC lots of times with a variety of opinions (sometimes heated).

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oy. My computer needs to go to doc this week when I go to the city. I can still get on with my phone (but a big pain in the butt). So I may lag behind until I get it back.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Ah rebecca123 -- it's is a big pain to not have a computer. Hopefully it'll come back new and improved.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information