User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: C'mon walmart... Stock your shelves

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Some nonperishables are online. For this week's flyer, Tuesday, I found items on sale online. Received it by mail on Friday. Free shipping too.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have never seen Wal-Mart do this but I know a few years ago I was in Price Chopper looking for the 10 kg bags of floor they had on sale and just as I was walking down the back isle a stock boy was wheeling a whole skid of this floor off the floor and into the back room. When we asked where we could find the flour (we asked the same guy we saw removing the skid from the floor) he said he would look out back. He than came back saying they were out. We than spoke to a manager who said they sold out within 10 minutes of opening, only when we threatened to call their head office over what we saw did they all of a sudden "found" a skid and got us 2 bags.

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyhungry View Post
    Most of the time when really good sales come on at other locations those items are suddenly "missing" even on the first morning. I feel as though they hide certain products.. ie. large cream cheese was gone on friday morning at opening it's on for 2.97 and they normaly charge 6.97

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I know both my Walmarts and No Frills do this, especially the WM & NF that are in the same plaza.....the space where the product should have been is empty on the morning of the start of the sale and its so obvious they had cleared it all out to hide in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have never seen Wal-Mart do this but I know a few years ago I was in Price Chopper looking for the 10 kg bags of floor they had on sale and just as I was walking down the back isle a stock boy was wheeling a whole skid of this floor off the floor and into the back room. When we asked where we could find the flour (we asked the same guy we saw removing the skid from the floor) he said he would look out back. He than came back saying they were out. We than spoke to a manager who said they sold out within 10 minutes of opening, only when we threatened to call their head office over what we saw did they all of a sudden "found" a skid and got us 2 bags.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

I see this here too, particularly in the WM and NF that are in the same plaza. It's so obvious it's ridiculous, why advertise price matching if you're going to pull stuff off the shelves for a really good deal?

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyhungry View Post
    Most of the time when really good sales come on at other locations those items are suddenly "missing" even on the first morning. I feel as though they hide certain products.. ie. large cream cheese was gone on friday morning at opening it's on for 2.97 and they normaly charge 6.97
    Aimz and tiffanyhungry like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Strangely enough my Walmart(express)is the one I have been going to and I usually find what I need. Unfortunately this store doesn't have refrigerated items but seem to have luck there!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I don't think its just WM that is the problem. I find this often with lots of grocery stores and not just at this time of the year either. It really amazes me that in this day and age people don't understand simple supply and demand.

If something sells like crazy even if it is a low price why not bring more in?! You're still going to make money, sure, less money then selling it at full price but more money then if your shelves are empty of the product PLUS you will have happier customers who feel as though they are getting a deal.

Sigh. My husband has heard my rant too many times.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponing4life View Post
    I know both my Walmarts and No Frills do this, especially the WM & NF that are in the same plaza.....the space where the product should have been is empty on the morning of the start of the sale and its so obvious they had cleared it all out to hide in the back.
    I have worked at WM and they do hide there product. Or most times its people who work there and they hide the products some place else for other family members to get it. That is the common one that its the employes who hide it for themselves or family and friends usually the people who start at 7am.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My local WM just received its Christmas shipment on Friday! One of our friends is the night time manager and they are having issues with their truck shipments. If this goes anything like Halloween, then there will be a lot of items discounted after Christmas.
    hollyquaiscer likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    139 (100%)

I agree, this can be infuriating!
    ~ Becky ~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

they shouldn't cheap out on staff levels at this time of year....even Mondays are busy the week before xmas. I was at WM this am before work to try to beat the w/e crowds and the cash was still backed up.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't think I have seen Great Value Diet Ginger Ale in stock at the Whitby walmart in months. Every single time I go it's not there. I'm always forced to go to FreshCo.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Sometimes if I go to WM on a thursday evening/night some of the items in the flyier are already at the sale price. Prolly why they may be empty on a Friday morning. I'm sure they have to price and set some stuff the day before.
    Just a thought but I could be wrong.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I went online tonight to see if what I want is availaible...and...not at my store or empty most of it...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amommy View Post
    Sometimes if I go to WM on a thursday evening/night some of the items in the flyier are already at the sale price. Prolly why they may be empty on a Friday morning. I'm sure they have to price and set some stuff the day before.
    Just a thought but I could be wrong.
    Sometimes stuff is even sale priced on Wednesday.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (97%)

I'm an O/N stocker....The best time to shop and get all the items you needed is bright early in the morning...Every night we gets over 2000 products came into our store and need to be put on shelves, it took 2 persons to filled the whole aisle for the entire shift...so you could imagine how much work there is. Every morning the managers do they walks, so they could do up a report and send to HO by noon.

We have over 50 people stocking shelves every night and often time we ran out of time before everything hit the shelves, but we do try our BEST to stock them. You can't always blame us not stocking the shelves or doing our job right when there are couponers who came in with stack of coupons clearing the shelves...lol

If you want to PM something avoid going late afternoon to late evening.

That just my opinion.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information