User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree238Likes

Thread: scammers at the grocery store

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

In the last couple of weeks, I've had some really weird experiences. Not sure if I just never noticed before, or if those destined to get coals in their stockings are just out in droves these days.

More than once I've seen someone fussing with the tags underneath the product (and then rush off the minute they see me innocently coming down the aisle).

The worst one was a customer who was eating from an open bag of chips while waiting in line (I was right behind her). She tried to argue that she should get a discount because the bag was open (!). When the nice cashier offered to go get her a fresh bag, she agreed to buy the opened bag. Then, she couldn't find her wallet and wanted the chips for free. She started screaming at the poor cashier, who was so sweet and patient, that she was going to starve to death.

Sigh. That's not the first time I've seen bad behaviour.

Here's hoping Santa brings lots of lumps of coal to nasty shoppers.
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    Natalka, KK7, kokobear666 and 11 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

This time of year brings out all kinds of crazies doesn't it!
    Andit, KK7, hollyquaiscer and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Last week I saw a woman in No Frills open margarine containers not one but three of them and stick her finger in and take some out and eat it. Then put them down back on the shelf. So I went over to the No Frills worker and explained what I saw, told her it was the turkey lady (the woman wanted the turkey on sale and asked everyone in the store). The NF worker opened the margarine saw finger marks in them and then another customer went up to her saying the turkey lady opened up jars to taste them. The turkey lady was checking out and the NF worker made her buy everything or they were going to call the cops.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

^Nasty. The other day I went to pick up a box of crackers at WM and noticed it was already open - most likely by someone who just wanted a snack.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

funny thing is, when I pass the candy isle everytime, i will see a bag or 2 candies opened up, even saw a kinder surprise opened up and toy as gone......mostly done by kids! probably those kids got parent that does that and they learn from them, sad,,...

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Good lord that's disgusting Anastasia!!! Were these people raised in a barn? I'm going to be checking all the lids on things from here on out.
    Last edited by gourmetsue; Thu, Dec 20th, 2012 at 11:50 PM. Reason: grammar

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oy, these are all awful things - and, yes, I know there are many more!

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Ridiculous..
    Join Swagbucks to start earning Amazon gift cards & Paypal $$$!
    Join Swagbucks!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anastasia1009 View Post
    Last week I saw a woman in No Frills open margarine containers not one but three of them and stick her finger in and take some out and eat it. Then put them down back on the shelf.
    barf.....

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wish I never read this thread, but now taht I did, I will always take a closer look at what I am buying

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Last week I saw a woman in No Frills open margarine containers not one but three of them and stick her finger in and take some out and eat it. Then put them down back on the shelf.
    GROSS!!!
    And this is one of the reasons why I always open up the lid to check before buying or buy the ones that are sealed. /shudder
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Throughout the year we have all seen people helping themselves or feeding their children fruit, bulk nuts, bulk candy, a bun from the bakery or taking a sample of Tide pods off the Tide jugs. Stores have it hard at this time of year because the habit seems to be increased.
    Andit, KK7, hollyquaiscer and 1 others like this.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Last week I saw a woman in No Frills open margarine containers not one but three of them and stick her finger in and take some out and eat it. Then put them down back on the shelf. So I went over to the No Frills worker and explained what I saw, told her it was the turkey lady (the woman wanted the turkey on sale and asked everyone in the store). The NF worker opened the margarine saw finger marks in them and then another customer went up to her saying the turkey lady opened up jars to taste them. The turkey lady was checking out and the NF worker made her buy everything or they were going to call the cops.

this is one of the HUGE reasons why I love I can't Beleive Is Not Butter they have a seal on it

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    this is one of the HUGE reasons why I love I can't Beleive Is Not Butter they have a seal on it
    I like buying the Becel ProActive for this reason. They have a cardboard wrapper over the tub. (and if you have the $2 off coupon and buy it on sale, it can be nearly free )
    Andit, hollyquaiscer and wolfwoman like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I once saw a woman hiding behind a pillar in Rexall, furiously eating a big bag of chips. I think that a lot of times there are mental health issues going on. Or maybe extreme poverty. If they are eating food, I leave them alone - nobody in my family knows that kind of hunger and I am very grateful for that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information