User Tag List

Page 20 of 226 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I have always thought that when you see the final weigh in on biggest loser that they had to have had some kind of surgery. Man boobs don't disappear in a few short months, it take years, if ever. I haven't watched that show since after the second season because I felt it was fake. I'm all for it motivating people to exercise, but what I don't like is that it give people false hope. Especially people who have 100 or more pounds to lose.
    So true re the false hope, Holly...and they don't stress enough the fact that there's always an emergency person present to watch over them, and that they wear those arm thingies which I suspect gives them vital information about the condition they're in. If a person with 100lbs to lose does that on their own I'd be afraid of a serious medical condition...heart-attack or stroke! They should stress it more, that these people are under strict doctor's supervision at all times....
    Patty Smyth and ssbean like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

It's a VERY different show from when it began. It was more realistic and people lost believable amounts of weight. First of all the fact that their "week" can be anywhere from 5 -14 days is really deceiving. The big guys who lose 25 lbs the first week is of course mostly water weight and now we know it's really 2 full weeks. I bet the second week is a short week so it makes it look like the 2nd week curse. Anyways, they really do look great but sadly most have gained some weight back. Many have gained it all back. Just goes to show what they do at the ranch is not real life.
    Lynn49 and ssbean like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Patty, iirc, you make your own salsa? However FB this week has canned "bruschetta" tomatoes on sale for 99cents and omgoodness, it's so good not only on nice, fat slices of toasted bread (make mine WW bread), but on just about anything else...we had some over baked chicken yesterday...just fyi...
    I haven't looked at the calorie count, but for a couple of tbsps it's probably not much...
    Yes I make my own salsa but these are salsa flavored tortillas lol they are orange

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Patty, iirc, you make your own salsa? However FB this week has canned "bruschetta" tomatoes on sale for 99cents and omgoodness, it's so good not only on nice, fat slices of toasted bread (make mine WW bread), but on just about anything else...we had some over baked chicken yesterday...just fyi...
    I haven't looked at the calorie count, but for a couple of tbsps it's probably not much...
    Yeah you cannot be 400 lbs and be thrown into 3 hours of heavy duty workouts a day , you will die . I heard that they train 6-8 hours a day burn 6000 calories a day and take in 1500? Not sure if that is true.

So true re the false hope, Holly...and they don't stress enough the fact that there's always an emergency person present to watch over them, and that they wear those arm thingies which I suspect gives them vital information about the condition they're in. If a person with 100lbs to lose does that on their own I'd be afraid of a serious medical condition...heart-attack or stroke! They should stress it more, that these people are under strict doctor's supervision at all times....

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, Hon....I can't even begin to imagine doing workouts like that at the weight those people are carrying! It's like watching a train-wreck....I don't want to watch it, but I have to watch what's happening! I'm also doubt I'd be motivated by anyone yelling in my face, either. Jillian would be black and blue by now!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I gained. I know it. Stress this week is unreal. I don't want to weigh in tomorrow.

why is it that when I resolve myself to something that external forces give me a hard time?
    ssbean and Granger like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Back in 2004 - 2005 I spent 6 months with a trainer. On my days where I really really just did not have time or energy to work out, he insisted I spend that time just stretching. Stetching can be done anywhere. 20 minutes of stretching sure did what he said it would do, increase energy, make you feel like I accomplished something.

Stretching is fun!!! So is Yogi!
    Patty Smyth, Abby5 and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I have been to the gym 3 times this week. One weights and cardio and 2 --1 hr spin classes. Only managed 2 days of no wheat But no corn or soy for 5 But sugar and dairy....how will I ever stop???
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Oh and no peanuts or eggs for 5 days Just got to face the no sugar and dairy issue
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_forget View Post
    I gained. I know it. Stress this week is unreal. I don't want to weigh in tomorrow.

why is it that when I resolve myself to something that external forces give me a hard time?
    I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy about your weigh-in and "gain"...but you just might be surprised. Yes, I've heard that stress plays a role in weight-loss, but I have to believe that it's all about numbers: calories in/calories out. Simple math. That's what gets me by on 'those days'.
    Try to remain positive (lordy, I know it's tough some days!)...at least about your war on weight. It's not a skirmish, it's full-out war. One day, one week doesn't mean a hill of beans in the long term. Keep at it, Hon....you'll get there!
    Patty Smyth, Abby5, ssbean and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Abby5 and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    Oh and no peanuts or eggs for 5 days Just got to face the no sugar and dairy issue
    Abby, what type of diet program are you on, may I ask? It's very restrictive....good for you if you can do it. I know I'd give up in about ohhhhh....an hour!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    I have been to the gym 3 times this week. One weights and cardio and 2 --1 hr spin classes

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Abby, what type of diet program are you on, may I ask? It's very restrictive....good for you if you can do it. I know I'd give up in about ohhhhh....an hour!
    I really want to try the jj virgin diet for 6 weeks and see how it goes..but with everything going in my life I just haven't
    I have decided on small goals every week :
    -gym 6 days a week eating breakfast lunch and dinner- no corn,wheat,eggs,soy,peanuts
    -gym 6 days a week eating 3 meals - and no dairy and sugar added to the list
    -gymx6 and eating 3 meals-all 7 things out of my diet and walking for 20 minutes on my lunch everyday
    -same as above and then adding-selling unwanted items
    -my big goal is to finally do a learn to run program in April!!!
    -and it will be a lot easier with any amount of weight off
    ssbean likes this.
    New mom October 2014!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wraps turned out great even my mom ate them and didn't throw them back in my face which is a good sign. lol

Woke up again feeling like I've been run over by a truck. I have been fighting something off since the kids went back to school last week . Yuk But I am winning so far.
    Lynn49, Abby5 and ssbean like this.

Page 20 of 226 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread Information