User Tag List

Page 58 of 226 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I hope no one is offended by the F bomb but I couldn't resist!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, this is nuts!! For the past week I've eaten steaks, roasts, twice baked potatoes, played cards and that train board game, ate chips, had wine every evening (and we're not just talking one here)...and I can't believe it!!
    +.1
    Yes! The scale didn't move!!! I did it twice!
    Is this what they mean when they say that losing weight slowly changes your body, and instead of packing on that 20lbs lost in the course of a couple weeks, losing slowly means that a body can tolerate misbehaving now and then and maintain???

Honestly, Ladies...I wouldn't have even stepped on that scale this morning, I was so scared of the number I'd see. If it wasn't for all of you I'd have just let myself slip for another week or so, esp since this sore throat/cold is slipping into my chest. It'll be bronchitis next, followed closely by pneumonia if I don't do something about it.

THANK YOU ALL for keeping me on track! Now that recipe that hubby wants to make from the Looneyspoons recipe book makes sense and I'm all for keeping on this diet!!!

Thriftygranny, I enjoy euchre because it's so much easier than plodding through a game of bridge. I have to think too much to play bridge! LOL!! I didn't know it was such a regional thing, though...so sorry you don't have anyone to play with there....it's an easy enough game to teach, perhaps you can teach your friends how to play? Tell them there will be wine.
    walkonby and i_forget like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

-1.5 have no clue how
    Lynn49, walkonby and i_forget like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Lynn I beleive you are right about losing slowly is more benficial. There is no yo-yoing. Yes you can tolerate a bad week and bounce back. It takes an extra 3000 calories a week to gain one pound so one day of cheating sometimes will not even be that much. I don't count calories but i do keep a mental note of an approximate amount because I want to lose.If i were on maintenance I would probably not be as concious.

It is great to know that a whole week is not a waste even when you think you cheated a lot. It's inspiring. It also means you have found a lifestyle that suits your needs. Yes you can have wine, yes you can have a great night out, and you can bounce back and plug away.

2 more weigh ins to Easter - EEKS!!! I won't make my 1st goal but that's ok. I know it will come soon enough. As long as the scale goes in the right direction I don't care how long it takes. It took years to put on the weight, it won't come off overnight. Don't want to end up like those people on the biggest loser. Setting themselves up for a lifestyle that is not doable once they leave the ranch.
    Lynn49, i_forget and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Same here. I had another week where I put on a few over the weekend and lost it during the week.

im just pleased that over the past 3 months of doing this that I have maintained and not gained. I wanted to lose, but I have not, but I have not gained, so that is something to be proud of for me

great job everyone
    Lynn49, walkonby and thriftygranny like this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Happy weigh in day everyone...only down 1 but I am feeling skinnier.good luck this week everyone
    Patty Smyth, Lynn49 and i_forget like this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Lynn!!! Awesome Congrats!! ( I know how thrilled you were to see that reading on your scale!)
    Patty it pays to be clueless about how you lost the weight for this week, I say accept it.
    I forget, yes I identify with the goal being to lose our weight before Easter, but maintaining ain't half bad either, and thriftygranny, loved that cartoon with the F bomb.....that was what my response might have been if anyone had asked me during this last 2 weeks. lol

So it was a horrible balloon payment that reared it's ugly head on the scale today. ( a solid gain of 4 lbs!) I knew I had been playing with fire for a few weeks now here and there...( some foods...mmmm bread that had gluten, sweets, dairy, snacks that were NOT on the approved list as as well as NOT measuring my portions)
    So there you have it ladies, I slipped and now I must get back up.
    Strangely though a wonderful opportunity presented itself today. I was supposed to go tomorrow to my Naturopath appt. and hang my head in shame at my gain and failure, but they called to say the appt. had to be rescheduled!!! I called them back so thrilled and said thanks for the " do over ", so I have 2 more weeks to get back on track.

Holly?? Got your pom poms to shake and cheer me back onto the wagon?

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

WALKS, I'd be happy to cheer you back on the wagon until Holly gets here....

C'Mon Walks!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

And if you don't....

Let's just say we won't GO there!!!

Patty, I agree with that, too...losing a little at a time must make one's body accustomed to BEING at that weight...perhaps we have a new set point that we develop? However...we're both back on the wagon too, and really glad for it...I just feel bloated and yucky when I don't eat well. That's why I thought I must have packed on a few pounds. Mostly water, I guess.....
    Good for you for losing, and whatever you did, just do it again! Easy-peasy, right? lol!!

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!!!
    Patty Smyth and walkonby like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Definitely a no-excuses week coming up. I have chili, tomato orzo soup, potato soup, veggie lasagna, brown rice with kale and asparagus, and whole wheat blueberry/banana pancakes all made and stacked in the fridge. Also some chinese noodles that can be cooked in 2 minutes and lots of brocolli, peppers, onions and edamame and also my standby snack food hummus. .

If I am not good this week I never will be

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I don't know how you do it, Patty! Kids, parents, your responsibilities, and yet you can prepare a week's worth of dinners like that?! You've got to be one organized gal!!!

G'mornin' everyone!!
    walkonby and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    I don't know how you do it, Patty! Kids, parents, your responsibilities, and yet you can prepare a week's worth of dinners like that?! You've got to be one organized gal!!!

G'mornin' everyone!!
    Ditto to your post Lynn!! Patty, you are like a whirlygig! A spinning top! I am also so inspired by your cooking achievements, I do about half of that and I get drained.
    Lynn49 and thriftygranny like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Well I am up 4 lbs from my sick weight loss. This is good news though, because it means I kept 1.5 lbs off from before being sick! I have been really good for two weeks. Lots of salad. Hoping to trudge on.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I try to be as organized as possible because I like to spend every extra minute with the kids and hubby especially on the weekends, even if we don't go out or do anything special I just would rather be with them than cook or clean. So unless a disaster happens on the weekend the house is neglected lol.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I have to tell you though since I got my new stove and a few other new gadgets in the kitchen I find I work twice as fast. Preparing all fresh veggies can be time consuming but this hghpowered stove has been amazing. I also got some high quality knives at Zellers at 70% off and those new pots and pans, so I am maximizing my time.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

It sure has worked for you Patty, I love that your priorities are your kids for free time, they stay young for such a short time, then POOF! where did the years go? DH must love also that he is more valuable and precious to you than a spotless house, refreshing!
    Lynn49 and thriftygranny like this.

Page 58 of 226 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast

Thread Information