User Tag List

Page 141 of 226 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 3377
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It was -17 this afternoon, so Jenny and I went for about a 15-20 min walk. I couldn't believe the difference that weight-loss makes! I would honestly huff and puff my way through the last half and today, Jenny ran and I tried to keep up and did!
    Amazing, these little graces when one stops carrying around 50lbs of lard!

Time for my night-time snack! Have a lovely evening, everyone!
    walkonby, i_forget and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This brings things into focus...

Unfortunately I've "found" 16 lbs of it over the summer and Christmas holidays, but I'm losing that again
    and continuing my journey.
    walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This is interesting....might explain some things...does it?

They say that muscle is heavier "by volume" than fat is, which means 5 lbs. of muscle takes up less space than 5 lbs. of fat within a body. I'm a believer. This totally explains how your clothes begin to fit better even though the numbers on the scale aren' t moving very fast.
    anisa, Angela273, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just wanted to pop in and say "hi." As I have posted on here before, I don't trust the number on my scale, but I do trust the fact that it is continuing to go down. I have lost about 2lbs per month for the last few months.

I also made oatmeal chia seed cookies earlier this week. They were made with avocado and apple sauce, so no butter in them. They certainly aren't the same consistency as regular cookies, a bit more like a heavy muffin. Moist and gooey. I can post the recipe if anyone wants it.
    Lynn49, i_forget and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

You guys are doing great. I am having such a bad week. I did not do my usual marathon cooking on the weekend and this has resulted in us eating not that great . BUT in the old days I would have popped a dozen hot dogs on the stove or some frozen pizzas. Didn't do this of course but still not happy with how this week is going.

I find my new schedule since Kiera changed schools a bit tougher. Now having to drive both kids and pick them up takes a good 1 1/2 hours extra out of my day. Breaks up my whole afternoon , hence the not having time to prepare proper meals.

Along with a couple of unexpected doctors appointments for my dad this week is shot to he** as they say.

Lesson learned - this Sunday back to preparing meals for the week.
    walkonby, Granger and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes, absolutely, please share your recipe...and WELCOME from us Losers!!
    Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    You guys are doing great. I am having such a bad week. I did not do my usual marathon cooking on the weekend and this has resulted in us eating not that great . BUT in the old days I would have popped a dozen hot dogs on the stove or some frozen pizzas. Didn't do this of course but still not happy with how this week is going.

I find my new schedule since Kiera changed schools a bit tougher. Now having to drive both kids and pick them up takes a good 1 1/2 hours extra out of my day. Breaks up my whole afternoon , hence the not having time to prepare proper meals.

Along with a couple of unexpected doctors appointments for my dad this week is shot to he** as they say.

Lesson learned - this Sunday back to preparing meals for the week.
    Don't you just hate those road-blocks that get thrown our way?! That's quite a lot of time you're spending on the road, Patty..remember to take your water along with you..but you probably do anyway.
    Better Sundays and weeks ahead, Hon!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Thanks Lynn. I don't want to have to resort to boxed food and quick fixes and of course you know preparing meals for 6 every day can be time consuming and Kevin is just eating for 5 now lol. I can hardly believe the quantities I have to make now lol. I thought he was over growing

No excuses though just have to get my sh*t together as they say
    Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I feel you Patty, I used to do massive cooking on Sundays until my Mom started to complain there was too much food and now we need to find that happy ground. We need to find the middle ground between prepping and pre cooking without going over board. As well when prep work pre cooking is not done not turning to take out.

So far so good this week, every days lunch as included produce and we have not eaten out at all this week. Although we will probably be eating out on Saturday as we have to go out and will probably be gone pretty much all day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Good Morning everyone!!It has been too long for me, but we took an impromptu vacation after Christmas to see family in BC.I am excited to start up with you fantastic girls again, I need to start taking better care of myself and I am feeling good about my will power right now.I maintained over Christmas but my goal is 25 pounds by September and then to quit smoking when it comes off.I have cut down a lot but just can't seem to kick those few cigarettes a day.I have quit before but always had about a 15-20 pound weight gain so my logic is to get into the healthier eating for it to become a lifestyle change and then quit for good.I hope my plan works!! Will weigh in next Friday as I still need to hop on the scales to get my starting weight but I know I have lost some as my jeans were slipping down yesterday!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Patty, you're such a strong, intelligent woman, that I know you'll find your way out of that conundrum and definitely will get your chit together, but sometimes it's just bit much, isn't it? I guess you and your hubby can't get away for even a weekend, can you, with your kids, parents...I'm hoping things get easier for you, Hon...in a good way..

Ashley, if you know what restaurant you're going to, look up their menu before you go. This works for me, so I'm not tempted by the wonderful sights and smells wafting from the kitchen.....it's just easier to make smarter decisions and not feel guilty in the morning. Good luck and have fun!

Granny, you brat! Jeans slipping down...phhht! It sounds like me after our cruise in the Mediterranean! How many gals, after cruising and visiting a half dozen countries have to borrow one of their husband's belts for the trip back home?!! Me! haha! Maintaining over Christmas? Wow, that must have taken some kind of courage! As for quitting smoking, our DD tried to quit many times, but this time (over 2 years now), she used Chantix and found it so incredibly easy...I wish you well, Hon!! Keep up the fantastic work!

As for me, I had my favourite breakfast: 1/2 banana, 2 scoops chocolate protein powder, 1C almond milk, 1 Truvia and omg...heaven in a big glass! Btw: protein powder is on a good sale at Walmart starting tomorrow if anyone is in the market.

Well, off to do some snooping around in shops today; hubby and I want to 'build' a surrounding storage unit at our head-board using in stock white raised panel kitchen cupboards, so I'm off to price things out. And I want new curtains in there, and although he doesn't know it, when he's down south for that Raptor's game, I'll be painting our two bedside tables white just in case plan A falls through.. I get SUCH an urge to redecorate before Spring! Happens every year!!!

Have a good day Ladies, Gent!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Thanks for the encouragement Lynn, I tried chantix and I had no desire to smoke at all, but after about 6 six weeks on it I became severely depressed and went between severe highs and lows, I hung in there for a about 3 months without it but caved.My husband smokes and just has no interest in quitting so it makes it tough, but I am so tired of smelling bad, hiding behind trees because I don't want anyone to see me and not to mention the money going up in smoke...literally!
    Patty Smyth and Angela273 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I hear ya, Hon..when I stopped smoking my hubby continued. However, I never dumped ashtrays, I kept windows open, etc, and within a few weeks he, too, quit. That was in the 70s; I quit to have children and of course he would have as soon as I was pregnant. Turns out it took us 5 years to get pregnant, but we still never smoked!
    I don't want to pry, but you did mention that you got depressed with highs and lows..have you ever sought medication for that condition? There's no shame in needing meds for something that's very likely to be a chemical imbalance or for any reason...in any event, I wish you nothing but luck.

Just got back from Target: 90% OFF Christmas stuff! I picked up about a dozen rolls of foil wrapping paper, which I only use, lol, for 30-50cents a roll! I'm tossing all of that other paper stuff out! Lots of other Christmas stuff at the same discount...love Target! I also picked up a sequin top for our DD (back and front, which you don't always find) for $5!

Anyhoodles, I just had my lime Liberte yogurt for a snack, and settling down to watch David Tutera with a diet pop!

Take care, everyone!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Down -2.5 lbs, feel 10 lbs lighter. This is the start I needed. Halfway to my first goal which is 5 lbs by Feb. this first 5 will come off easy. We all know it is that last 10 I can't seem to lose/keep off. Determined to do it this time.
    Lynn49, walkonby, i_forget and 1 others like this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Good morning!! Although I am up +1 I am glad this week is over. Too much running around, also thrown in for good measure a problem with DS and his music school. Ugh I hate when people pressure kids Anyhoo don't want to get into that. It's over now and a new week beginning. Good luck everyone.
    Lynn49, i_forget and SassyAshley like this.

Page 141 of 226 FirstFirst ... 41 91 131 139 140 141 142 143 151 191 ... LastLast

Thread Information