User Tag List

Page 145 of 226 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 3377
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Lynn49, could you share your crustless quiche recipe? Dh didn't like the crust on the ones I have made.
    Of course, Angela....Here's a basic one; it's the ratio of eggs to milk that needs to be observed, usually 1 eggs per 1/2C of (dairy) such as light evaporated milk, or skim milk, or I usually use plain Greek yogurt (and I sometimes mix in some Miracle Whip Light to make up the 1/2c to add a little sweetness to crab or seafood ones). Cheese is usually 1C per 4 eggs.

So my go-to basic recipe is this:

Mix together well:

4 eggs
    2C or dairy (skim milk or skim evaporated milk, yogurt, Mayo/Miracle Whip or a combination of a couple)
    1- 1 1/2 C of light cheese any variety (I love the light mixed shredded cheese, usually I shred my own since it's cheaper)
    I also add a few dashes of Hot Sauce, but that's just our preference.

Then you can add anything you want, up to 2 cups:

frozen spinach drained and squeezed dry (1 pkg)
    turkey bacon, cooked, crumbled
    sun-dried tomatoes, dried, re-hydrated or, if packed in oil, rinsed (which I prefer)
    chopped cooked broccoli, or cauliflower
    shredded zucchini (I drain it in a colander to get rid of some of the water or just squeeze it as dry as I can)
    shredded potatoes, or some frozen hash-browns I nuke to thaw them
    diced meats: ham, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, turkey pepperoni (nice with tomatoes)
    seafood: shrimp (frozen and thawed or canned and drained), crab (I prefer the fake stuff: more flavour)
    cherry tomatoes, or regular ones sliced and placed on top
    ...anything in the way of meats and veggies you please!
    I'm on WW, so veggies are pretty much "free" to a point, and with the eggs, I don't usually need meats

Mix it all together, and place in sprayed pie plate or muffin cups (nice for quickie breakfasts and our DD takes the muffins to work).
    Bake at 350 for about 30-45 minutes for the pie, and about 20-ish minutes for the muffins.
    The centres will be a little moist looking, but it'll continue to set after you take it out of the oven.
    The perfect internal temp would be 170 degrees, but I've never checked.
    I like them to not be custardy in the middle, so I may over-cook them, but I don't mind that...it all still tastes great to me!

Seasonings: if I use cheese, I don't add salt, but I do add fresh pepper, Italian seasonings for more pizza-type ones, some add nutmeg to plainer ones, which I love, you can sprinkle paprika on the top...

Some people broil them after baking, but I've never had to do that, they're always nice and toasty on top.

I hope that helps, Hon!

I usually have one in the fridge either in muffin or slices ready to grab in the morning or at lunch-time.
    For dinner, my hubby and I have been known to polish off a crab one entirely!!

As far as calories go, it all depends on your ingredients of course, but the way I make them, 1/4 of a pie is usually about 200 calories which is great, and about 4 WW points!

Enjoy!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The best crab quiche you will EVER taste!

• 1/2 cup mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip Light!!)
    • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    • 2 eggs, beaten
    • 1/2 cup milk

• 1 cup imitation crab meat (it's pollack fish but unlike read crab, you can actually taste it!)
    • 1 cup diced Swiss cheese (or any light Havarti, Provolone, Mozzarella which I typically use)
    • 1/2 cup chopped green onions
    • 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust (I omit that, of course)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
    Mix all the wet ingredients together, add the flour and whisk, then add all the other ingredients and stir well.Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

This is the one my hubby and I split for dinner sometimes...he has a salad with it, I don't need a darn thing!

Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Jan 21st, 2014 at 08:27 PM.
    walkonby and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I forgot to post.
    was down 8, had a bad weekend, only down 4 now.
    off to the gym.....have a great day everyone.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I woke up starving this morning!!!!!!

DD would say 'yay, your metabolism has kicked in!", but I don't like feeling hungry; it's not something I'm familiar with. Usually in the morning I can linger over a couple of cups of coffee before I remember that I have to eat! Now that I'm eating on a more regular basis, I feel hungry and have to keep up the eating pattern. Very strange. I'm eating more than I was before, albeit better, lower calorie/carb foods, so my metabolism kicked in? I'd like to give it a good swift kick!

So here it is, 7am, I've been awake since almost 6am feeling hungry, so I made a Kieureg coffee rather than a full pot, since it'll be a couple of hours before hubby (I always type, "huggy"...lol) wakes up to cold coffee, and munching on a toast!
    Very weird...

And how is everyone else this fine, very cold morning?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Well Lynn, I was freezing up at 6:30 dragging the garbage to the curb, man! it's minus 20 here! I was not starving then, but just about 20 min ago my "pang" hit me, so before I let my imagination run wild with " bad foods" I quickly chugged about 10 oz of my mean green juice....that should hold me for a while. Thanks for posting those recipes, they look good!
    Lynn49 and SassyAshley like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Well Lynn, I was freezing up at 6:30 dragging the garbage to the curb, man! it's minus 20 here! I was not starving then, but just about 20 min ago my "pang" hit me, so before I let my imagination run wild with " bad foods" I quickly chugged about 10 oz of my mean green juice....that should hold me for a while. Thanks for posting those recipes, they look good!
    Ugh...-29 here this morning! Good for you for reaching for your mean green juice! I still can't believe how hungry I was, and yes, when I told DD about it, she said exactly what I thought she would: "You metabolized all night, so yay!"...lol...now I'm hungry again (actually I was about an hr ago, but I supervised hubby chucking stuff from his closet that he hasn't worn in a few years; it looks much better now. The good stuff (some with tags!) will be picked up, the rest will go to the curb next week. I'm in the same process, but it's taking me much longer to go thru my stash...I nearly cried when I folded up a few white blouses that I had washed, and put in the bag...size 2X floats on me, but I loved those blouses! DD disagrees, but I feel one can NOT have enough white blouses..lol!

Have a great day, everyone!!!

Inspiration: diet food can be beautiful!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Drove by

Harvey's
    A&W
    McDonald's

and kept going.

I am starving. But at least I am healthy.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Drove by

Harvey's
    A&W
    McDonald's

and kept going.

I am starving. But at least I am healthy.

Bravo!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good for you, Granger!!!

DD joined Herbal Magic again; she feels that she's in a stall, and wants me to "do the diet" with her. She lost her weight so well except for those last 10 lbs...I may just do that. It's very restrictive for the first few days, but basically it's a sensible diet. We'll chat about it over the weekend.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

...Our DD just paid my initiation fee for Herbal Magic!!!!! OMG!!!! I can't believe it!!! I have my first consulation in about an hour, then she and I start on Monday, and I have to go for a weigh-in 3x a week!!!
    Whoo boy. This is it. No more cheating...I mean...how can I when it would be letting her down?!

SO excited!! What an incredibly wonderful generous Daughter we have!!!! I am so blessed....

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    ...Our DD just paid my initiation fee for Herbal Magic!!!!! OMG!!!! I can't believe it!!! I have my first consulation in about an hour, then she and I start on Monday, and I have to go for a weigh-in 3x a week!!!
    Whoo boy. This is it. No more cheating...I mean...how can I when it would be letting her down?!

SO excited!! What an incredibly wonderful generous Daughter we have!!!! I am so blessed....
    Oh Lynn!! What a lovely and generous way for her and you to have quality Mother-Daughter time together. It will be a blast!!
    That is one terrific supportive daughter you have there!! You will be shedding like crazy!! Good luck!
    anisa, Patty Smyth, Lynn49 and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Oh Lynn!! What a lovely and generous way for her and you to have quality Mother-Daughter time together. It will be a blast!!
    That is one terrific supportive daughter you have there!! You will be shedding like crazy!! Good luck!
    Thank you, Walks, and yes, I couldn't ask for a better Daughter! She's a size 10, so I've certainly got more shedding to do than she does lol, but we'll both be lookin' pretty svelte by our Disney trip! I had my first consultation today and they're so supportive there; I can understand why she wants to go back...yep..doin' it together!

Last edited by Lynn49; Thu, Jan 23rd, 2014 at 02:31 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I must admit although I think I am doing well getting my eating back in check, it has been a struggle. What is it about being bored and wanting to eat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are slow at work (semi seasonal company in our off season) and although I try to keep myself busy, something about sitting here staring at spreadsheets for hours and trying to clean things up makes me want to eat. I need summer where we get so busy I forget to eat.
    Lynn49 and Granger like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ashley...summer is my downfall! It's bbq burgers, get-togethers, wine, more bbqs....gah!!!
    Snacks are allowed....it's all about portion control, as I've found out, through trial and error (mostly error)...those 100calorie snack pacs are life-savers sometimes, as are fruits...I can imagine how boredom can play a role in cravings. That's why I started knitting again after many years; my urge to nibble is at night but if my mind and hands are busy, it's less of a problem.

This isn't easy, is it? But the benefits are So worth it! I couldn't believe how much of a change even a 10lb loss would make but it's incredible!! Keep up the good fight, Hon!!!
    SassyAshley likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post

I read this and checked my email and there was an email from Herbal Magic. Maybe it's a sign? Too bad I spent a lot of money on concert tickets for my daughter and I to go see Katy Perry this summer. First concert for both for us.

Page 145 of 226 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 ... LastLast

Thread Information