User Tag List

Page 144 of 226 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3377
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

-2 exactly!

Granger, congrats, on your loss...yes, we absolutely CAN do this! I wish I only had 13.5 lbs to go!!!
    Enjoy your new little nephew!

Patty.....this is a war, not a skirmish, as we well know, and maintaining without gaining is still a victory!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Happy Friday everyone!!Well I am only down 1 pound but really had a great eating week!!Will keep marching on.
    Granger, congrats!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

You are all braver than me, not ready to step on a scale yet.

So far so good have packed my lunch and included veggies as well as added fruit to my snacks at work.

Granger have fun with your nephew
    Patty Smyth, Angela273 and Lynn49 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    You are all braver than me, not ready to step on a scale yet.

So far so good have packed my lunch and included veggies as well as added fruit to my snacks at work.

Granger have fun with your nephew
    I am just as cowardly as you SassyAshley, nope ain't gonna step on one just yet. I am being sort of disciplined though, doing my lemon and hot water every a.m. and drinking healthy green juices during the day, but today was a homemade Boston Baked Bean Bonanza Day!! Martha Stewart's recipe turned out so darn delicious I could have wiped out the entire pot myself.
    We are def. repeating that recipe.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I weigh in tomorrow if I decide to go to a WW meeting.
    Not sure what will happen, but when I tossed my work out clothes on this morning straight from the dryer they felt looser, so that is a positive sign.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I am just as cowardly as you SassyAshley, nope ain't gonna step on one just yet. I am being sort of disciplined though, doing my lemon and hot water every a.m. and drinking healthy green juices during the day, but today was a homemade Boston Baked Bean Bonanza Day!! Martha Stewart's recipe turned out so darn delicious I could have wiped out the entire pot myself.
    We are def. repeating that recipe.

We also watcher her make those beans and I kept saying to my DH that if she doesn't add molasses, it's not REALLY good baked beans. She added a little...I'd probably add double sincec I even take unsulphured molasses by the spoonful sometimes...

But how did the non-mixing everything together work out? I mentioned to him that I'd likely still mix....

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    We also watcher her make those beans and I kept saying to my DH that if she doesn't add molasses, it's not REALLY good baked beans. She added a little...I'd probably add double sincec I even take unsulphured molasses by the spoonful sometimes...

But how did the non-mixing everything together work out? I mentioned to him that I'd likely still mix....
    lol!! Oh Lynn I was tempted to stir it, but I wanted to obey as many of Martha's methods as possible. I loved pushing cloves into the onion halves, and the pork I placed all in the bottom, it just was fall apart tender small pieces after 6 hrs. The only thing I never do is break bay leaves up, I put them in whole and scoop them out before serving. Maybe Martha has never sliced the inside of her mouth on a sharp bay leaf but I have. lol!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You're SO right about the bay leaves! Always leave them whole...I guess she has plebians sifting them out of her bowl before she dines...lol!!!
    As kids our Mom made us take a tsp of molasses quite often "for our health" and my brother loathed it and I loved it!

Didn't Martha put the pork on top? Anyhoodles, I'm glad it turned out so nicely for you; when I'm close to the weight I want to be, I'll treat myself to home-made beans! I may omit the cloves...I've never put it in mine, and I like it only in some things...not beans, I'm thinkin'... But OIY, I'd love some right now!!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I find my biggest challenge when it comes to weight lose is finding so called "good for you foods" I can eat. Most diet recipes include beans, avocado, egg whites and I cannot eat any of the above due to texture issues. Some have forced me too try them and I just cannot do it, it ended bad for them. Although the funny thing is the person who insisted this was all in my head and my mom letting me get away with it (I have had these issues since I was a kid) has a child who is WAY worse than me when it comes to textures.

I see so man recipes I could love to try but they Black Beans, or Chickpeas and I just cannot eat them.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Got to snuggle my nephew for an hour tonight and hear all about my SIL's birth. She is a superhero. No time to go to hospital as planned and birthed her firstborn at home. Midwife barely made it there.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I find my biggest challenge when it comes to weight lose is finding so called "good for you foods" I can eat. Most diet recipes include beans, avocado, egg whites and I cannot eat any of the above due to texture issues. Some have forced me too try them and I just cannot do it, it ended bad for them. Although the funny thing is the person who insisted this was all in my head and my mom letting me get away with it (I have had these issues since I was a kid) has a child who is WAY worse than me when it comes to textures.

I see so man recipes I could love to try but they Black Beans, or Chickpeas and I just cannot eat them.
    Ashley, there is no reason to eat foods that you truly do not enjoy. Egg whites?! Not a chance. I'd rather eat two regular eggs @70 cal each than a dozen whites! I enjoy omelettes any time if the day made with eggs, onions, mushrooms, green peppers and I toss a slice of processed cheese on one half, flip the other half over and that, to me, isn't diet food. I do use Wonder thin sliced bread for lunch sandwiches made with ham, mayo, mustard and lettuce. Dinner with hubby is often a typical meat or fish/seafood, rice, veggie one, although we vary with veggie dinners, also. I never have pasta. I have made a fantastic veggie lasagna, no pasta, and we love crustless quiche.

I don't eat starchy beans on my diet, so they're out. I have IBS, so no nice big salads. Canned soup is great with a few soda crackers.....in short, I've always eaten what I've always eaten, including a big burger on weekends, but I've cut my portions or ingredients to lower fats and carbs, and lost, so far, 50-ish pounds.

Hth...
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jan 17th, 2014 at 10:30 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

At least it's going in the right direction, Curt!
    SassyAshley likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Lynn49, could you share your crustless quiche recipe? Dh didn't like the crust on the ones I have made.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Cooking down , hopefully set for the week but with DS you never know what will last
    Angela273, Lynn49, Granger and 1 others like this.

Page 144 of 226 FirstFirst ... 44 94 134 142 143 144 145 146 154 194 ... LastLast

Thread Information