User Tag List

Page 154 of 226 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3377
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sitting here eating McDonald's because I'm depressed and with Valentine's Day next week, sigh... oh well. Eat better tomorrow I guess.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yep...tomorrow IS another day of possibilities....there are millions of guys and gals spending V-day alone..it's just a day designed by the "powers to be" to get us to buy, buy, buy. Pick up some great movies, make 'legal' natchos (recipes on herbalmagic.ca) and know that you're getting fit and healthy; that's the important thing! Enjoy!
    jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Valentines day is BS don't worry about it Curt. It's just another money grabbing holiday.

I am up 1.4 lol blech
    SassyAshley likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

This is the part about emotions and eating that sucks so much.

Last year I went through a super rough patch a lot of stuff happened all I could eat was buns with butter, I even tried to force myself to eat other things by bringing them work figuring if it was all I had I would have to eat it. Nope tried couldn't do, it was not that I was not hungry because I was but I just could not stomach anything else. I had to on a few occasions text my mom to bring a bun with butter.

Where is at other times like last night I got super super upset and ended up getting 3 Golden Oreos (the 3rd one was an opps, I had only planned on 2 but the third one called me after dinner).

Yes emotions suck.
    Lynn49 and jasperandchar like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@ Curt

We are emotional eaters and creatures, we all bleed, cry and have our great minutes, days & weeks and of bad ones as well and that's life so don't let yourself get caught up in the "commercialized" version of valentine's day, Valentine's day is just another day on the calendar so chin up my friends and don't get upset because you are having McDonalds and Valentine's Day is next week, breath in and out and you are blessed to have a daughter that will be your special Valentine (the most important Valentine there is in life our kids).

I agree with the others with respect to Valentine's Day it's a $ grabber and total bs. I am using it as a first cheat because it will mark my 2 weeks being on a diet but not because it's Valentine's Day as everyone and their dogs will be out the whole weekend with the same ideas.

For many it's just another day, believe me, since dh & I don't buy each other anything and normally don't go out to celebrate it's just a day like any other but that depends on the people and their perspectives.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

So this am dh & I had blood work to get done, so before we left I filled the thermos with coffee, made toast for dh, grabbed 2 boiled eggs, an apple & a pear for our breakfast so I wouldn't have to watch dh wolf down a Panini from Tim Horton's as he would be starving after the blood work and plus it's $ we don't have right now to be blowing on crap food. It was kind of fun sitting in the parking lot eating our breakfast chatting and knowing that I could have gone to Timmies and had something there that was not healthy but made a better choice, so pretty happy with myself

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

WHAT IS A AVERAGE WEIGHT LOSS TO EXPECT WEEKLY? I know we are all different but it's it wrong to expect or anticipate 1 pound a week or less?

I'm only starting week 2 so I have no real idea of what a person can lose with being careful about their food choices and amont of food being consumed.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

My goal is 1 pound per week.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Well, -1lb since Wednesday...a total loss so far of 6 lbs since I started 11 days ago, so my real weigh in should be on Monday. It's going down so quickly!!

First of all, Jasperandchar, CONGRATULATIONS on not succumbing to the temptation of a Tims anything!!! When a significant other continues to eat fast food, it's really difficult to stay on track, but you did it, Girl!!! Good for you!
    Now, as to the cheat: why? What will you have that could possibly be better than looking and feeling better? What, for the few seconds or minutes is worth it? Instead, set up a goal that doesn't involve food. I buy myself a new (expensive, lol!) lipstick every time I lose 10lbs and believe me, that's something I really look forward to and it lasts far beyond a few bites of something that will set me back DAYS! How about it...give it a try?

As for what to expect, 1-2 lbs per week on average is a good, steady pace. I'm losing more right now because I just started this program and am eating exactly what I should be, NO cheats, so in 2 weeks, I should be down about 8-9lbs. It won't last, that I know, but it sure is a good start!!

So, on that note, I missed my snack, having to go get weighed in and taking our little Jenny for pawdicure, poking around Home Sense and picking up a few things for some redecorating I'm doing, so I'm starving!!

And I have to make HM's recipe for chili today for dinner!

Toodles and you all have a great weekend!!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Feb 7th, 2014 at 03:16 PM.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

thanks for your advice Lynn and congrats on your loss this week.

I'll give it some thought, I still have a long ways to go to reach my 1st goal of 30lbs recommended by the doctor but ideally I should lose a total of 50lbs to be a closer to a proper weight realistically though I should lose 60lbs but then I would be too thin in my opinion.

So I will start with the goal to lose 30lbs by end of June which I think is realistic
    anisa and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Soooo, down 1.5! After a two week plateau this is huge!!!

Yay!!! Congrats to all our "losers" this week. Keep fighting the good fight if you gained!

Remember one yes doesn't break us…it is when we keep saying yes to chocolate, chips, McDonald's, Tim's etc.

So I guess those croissants were equal to a pound and a half.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not a believer in Valentine's Day either, but it makes me feel even more lonely and I'm single and will continue to be so til the day I die and it's something I just have to continue to deal with. Valentine's is one of the worst days of the year for me and this year will be even worse because of the woman I like at work. It's just getting very tiring feeling like this, but oh well, who cares. I'll just continue to try to lose weight for my daughter. It is what it is.
    Last edited by curt81; Sat, Feb 8th, 2014 at 12:46 AM.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

curt! no pity party! be happy with who you are. You are young! There is still tons of time for love. My sister has finally found someone after 2 years of being miserably single. She came to a place of being happy being single…that is when things turned around. She decided she wanted to be happy with her nieces instead of sad for not having children of her own. She decided to love her spare time rather than be bored. Someone found that attractive and now she is seriously seeing someone. Guess what? He is about your age and has a daughter. No lie.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    thanks for your advice Lynn and congrats on your loss this week.

I'll give it some thought, I still have a long ways to go to reach my 1st goal of 30lbs recommended by the doctor but ideally I should lose a total of 50lbs to be a closer to a proper weight realistically though I should lose 60lbs but then I would be too thin in my opinion.

So I will start with the goal to lose 30lbs by end of June which I think is realistic
    Hon, it's easier if you don't look at the "big picture". I lost those 40_+ pounds last year by doing 10lbs at a time; I didn't think of the total...that seems so out of reach! I lost those and I have about 20 to go...one week at a time, 1-2lbs a week and guess what? You reach your 10lb goal!! You buy something not edible as a treat for yourself!

Is this easy? Hell no! It's hard as can be!
    I have to think about it every single day, every single meal, every morsel I want to put into my mouth!
    I don't do "cheats" because I don't want to undo the hard work I've already done!
    I wouldn't let anyone sabbotage me that way, why would I treat myself that way?

But how about the rewards? Oohhhhh...they're out of this world!
    I found my waist-line...I have curves again! I'm down from a size 22 to an XL! I don't have to shop at only two stores anymore! I can shop anywhere I darn well please! And if you can do that now, think in terms of sizes...every 10lb loss drops you down a single size!

And no amount of dessert or treats will ever take this feeling away from me again!!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Sat, Feb 8th, 2014 at 08:53 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Hon, it's easier if you don't look at the "big picture". I lost those 40_+ pounds last year by doing 10lbs at a time; I didn't think of the total...that seems so out of reach! I lost those and I have about 20 to go...one week at a time, 1-2lbs a week and guess what? You reach your 10lb goal!! You buy something not edible as a treat for yourself!

Is this easy? Hell no! It's hard as can be!
    I have to think about it every single day, every single meal, every morsel I want to put into my mouth!
    I don't do "cheats" because I don't want to undo the hard work I've already done!
    I wouldn't let anyone sabbotage me that way, why would I treat myself that way?

But how about the rewards? Oohhhhh...they're out of this world!
    I found my waist-line...I have curves again! I'm down from a size 22 to an XL! I don't have to shop at only two stores anymore! I can shop anywhere I darn well please! And if you can do that now, think in terms of sizes...every 10lb loss drops you down a single size!

And no amount of dessert or treats will ever take this feeling away from me again!!
    good for you Lynn
    Last edited by curt81; Sat, Feb 8th, 2014 at 09:09 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

+ 1.2 (191.8)
    anisa likes this.

Page 154 of 226 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 ... LastLast

Thread Information