User Tag List

Page 153 of 226 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 3377
Like Tree10151Likes

Thread: The fun's over! It's time for an Easter (Sunday, March 31) Challenge!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I try so hard to get water in but in winter I just find it so hard. All I drink right now is my cup of tea in the morning (no way no how am I giving this up some have suggested it but I need caffeine in the AM) and everything else is water and still I am falling short. In the winter I am just not thirsty now come summer I easily do 8+ glasses of water no problem plus my tea.
    Oh, I hear you, Ashley....I literally have to force the stuff down. Our DD has a big gallon-type container that she keeps in her office and fills with her 8-10 cups of water and pours it out thru the day. If I had to look at all that water, I'd shrivel at the sight! I simply have a glass that holds 2 cups, literally, and keep refilling it. It's either with me here in the computer room or on the dining table, so that whenever I walk by, I take a swig of it or down it to get rid of it. That's what works for me.
    I still have my 1-2 cups of coffee with sweetener (not aspartame) in it, and my tea at night...no worries...it's just life!
    jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

...down 1.8 since MONDAY! I can't believe it! And I seem to be always eating!
    I do know that being accountable to someone makes a difference for me...I did do it alone last year, but the fire just went out thru the summer and never returned. It's back NOW!!

There will be plateaus, but not right now...

So excited, I just had to share!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Great Job Lynn.

I think my goal this weekend is try to come up with new creative ideas for Lunch. Originally my goal was to get produce into my lunch which I have but seem to have fallen back into a pattern of buttered bread for lunch (although the good news is this time I am not eating it because it is all I can eat like last time). I very quickly grew sick of salads I need something more creative but at the same time I do not want leftovers (I cannot handle two heavy meals a day, I used to do leftovers for lunch and have a light dinner but with Mom now being home she wants a full proper dinner) and I prefer something I can eat at room temp and just keep at my desk. Why oh Why is this eating thing so much work??????????????????
    walkonby and jasperandchar like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ashley, it's true: you really have to be creative when you're starting a new way of eating....my lunches usually consist of a nice, big ham or turkey sandwich with lots of lettuce and mustard (no mayo, even diet, okay...I may slip a very light slather on the bread), and of course, it's always Weight Watchers or Wonder thin sliced bread, where 2 slices count as one starch for me.
    Do you like soup? Even canned soup with a couple of slices of WW bread or 3 slices of Melba toast would be nice, esp in this cold weather. I never can eat a salad because I have IBS, so that's always been out for me, and I still manage to lose weight.
    I've also made roll-ups with an 8" WW tortilla and ham or turkey (always the "light" variety), slivers of peppers, coleslaw, a slice of light processed cheese...A smoothie is always an option...make it up at home, put it into a thermos, give it a good shake and have your shake at work!
    A Bento box would work...slices of light deli meats, 3 melba toast or 10 small whole wheat crackers, a light Laughing Cow wedge to spread on the crackers, slices of peppers, cucumbers, etc...

If I come up with any other ideas, I'll let you know...

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Okay, Walks. The secret's out.
    This is NOT what they mean by JUICING!!!!

ooohhh, my kingdom for a glass of wine...but 4 oz? Not worth it...
    And no, Walks, it does not carry over to the weekend...sheesh.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Walks...repeat after me and look at the pretty spinny thing: I will start my new way of eating tomorrow...I will start my new way of eating tomorrow...

How's THAT for motivation??

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

ha ha Lynn!!! are you trying to hypnotize me into good behaviour?!! Oh I am SOOOOO not in the right frame of mind, I think I am somehow still in my celebratory honeymoon phase of my retirement thrill!! It just won't go away....the smiling I mean. Have I mentioned there is no longer pressure or a timetable to do anything?
    I know, in the summer I'll regret it if I don't shed some pounds. I'll do my best. Keep ribbing me though, I love the attention, lol!!!
    Lynn49, Granger, i_forget and 2 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hi everyone I weighed myself this am so it's been 7 day of dieting and I lost 3.2 pounds, so pleased with the results still need to lose atleast another 27 pounds but pacing myself.

Dh suggested lunch out today while we were out doing groceries and I said no so NOT like ME but super proud of myself because Chinese food would have been a nice treat but I'll save that for Valentine's day and a 2 week diet mark (will be my 1st cheat) .

I find eating breakfast and lunch still very difficult as I was a skipper but now seem to be in the swing of things.

But I am wondering why I now wake up in the am starving? Does anyone know why this would be? I have a snack 2 hours before bed and eat my 3 meals & 2 snacks so I don't know if it's just my body getting used to being fueled up and ready to go?

Lynn congrats on your loss
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Congrats on your loss!!
    hmmm, waking up hungry should be a good thing though, that way you probably won't skip breakfast, but you might be right about your body still adjusting. Either way, you did so great being disciplined and for resisting your DH's offer of Chinese Food, gives you something to look forward to on V-Day!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thanks Lynn, I spent some time on pinterest today and think I have some ideas. I think right now my biggest issue is with the horrible weather we are having I rarely get out so food choices are limited and as well this weather is kicking my butt I am just always tired and am not keeping up with my prep. Definitely a few ideas below I will try once I get out shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    Ashley, it's true: you really have to be creative when you're starting a new way of eating....my lunches usually consist of a nice, big ham or turkey sandwich with lots of lettuce and mustard (no mayo, even diet, okay...I may slip a very light slather on the bread), and of course, it's always Weight Watchers or Wonder thin sliced bread, where 2 slices count as one starch for me.
    Do you like soup? Even canned soup with a couple of slices of WW bread or 3 slices of Melba toast would be nice, esp in this cold weather. I never can eat a salad because I have IBS, so that's always been out for me, and I still manage to lose weight.
    I've also made roll-ups with an 8" WW tortilla and ham or turkey (always the "light" variety), slivers of peppers, coleslaw, a slice of light processed cheese...A smoothie is always an option...make it up at home, put it into a thermos, give it a good shake and have your shake at work!
    A Bento box would work...slices of light deli meats, 3 melba toast or 10 small whole wheat crackers, a light Laughing Cow wedge to spread on the crackers, slices of peppers, cucumbers, etc...

If I come up with any other ideas, I'll let you know...
    Lynn49 and jasperandchar like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Congrats on the loss.

I think waking up hungry maybe your metabolism adjusting because before it was probably in starvation mode and now it is not so it is adjusting to your eating habits.

I hear you on skipping meals, during the week at work I cannot do it and make it through the day but come the weekend when I am home I can easily go all day without eating, it is horrible and I never mean to do it, it just happens.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Hi everyone I weighed myself this am so it's been 7 day of dieting and I lost 3.2 pounds, so pleased with the results still need to lose atleast another 27 pounds but pacing myself.

Dh suggested lunch out today while we were out doing groceries and I said no so NOT like ME but super proud of myself because Chinese food would have been a nice treat but I'll save that for Valentine's day and a 2 week diet mark (will be my 1st cheat) .

I find eating breakfast and lunch still very difficult as I was a skipper but now seem to be in the swing of things.

But I am wondering why I now wake up in the am starving? Does anyone know why this would be? I have a snack 2 hours before bed and eat my 3 meals & 2 snacks so I don't know if it's just my body getting used to being fueled up and ready to go?

Lynn congrats on your loss
    Granger and jasperandchar like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ashley is so right...I've never awakened starving like I do now and the first time it happened I asked my DD if that's happening to her and of course she laughed and said my metaoblism has been working thru the night burning off fat, using the food as fuel and that I'd better get some water in to flush the stuff out!
    So, Hon...your furnace has been turned on..worry when you're not hungry between meals, or feeling like skipping them would be easy; if you're doing it right, you'll be counting the minutes to your next snack or meal!
    And don't forget the water to flush all the bad stuff out!

Yay, YOU!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks Walks, Ashley & Lynn for your kind words or encouragement & the reasons why I am waking up hungry, so it's great that the furnace is burning so to speak....yippee
    Lynn49, walkonby, Granger and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ugh.

jasperandchar and SassyAshley like this.

Page 153 of 226 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 ... LastLast

Thread Information