User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Plastic surgery...good idea or tragic mistake?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm watching an episode of Friends while typing this. One of the commercials that just came on was for Cougar Town. I haven't really paid much attention to Courtney Cox, but I am definitely able to make a direct comparison at the moment. She was so pretty on Friends, but her plastic surgery has gone poorly (just my opinion).

What do you think? Is plastic surgery a good thing or a mistake? Are there circumstances that you think make it a good choice?

To start off with, I think plastic surgery is usually a big mistake. It makes a person look false and wrong, as is the case with Courtney Cox. The circumstance where I think it's a good idea is when accidents or diseases occur. For example, if a woman gets breast cancer and needs breast reconstruction done. Another example would be a person that has been in a car accident and has been badly hurt.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Andit likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think that doing it simply to do it....when there is no need for it, well that is a bit much, but to each his own. In Hollywood, they have to look good so they can work (or so they think) so it does not surprise me that many of them have had work done.
    The ones that continuously do it for vanity, although they can look sickly compare to what they use to look like, to them they must be beautiful.

i know that when I look in the mirror, the image I see is probably much different than what others do.
    I would not hesitate to have work done on my body if I could afford it, but only because years of weight loss and weight gain has done a number on my body and I do not like how it feels physically, and that impacts how I feel emotionally.

those other reasons you listed, I would for sure get it.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To much is definitely bad IMO. Minor adjustments are probably OK.

In most cases, real boobs are much nicer than fake ones. But I understand there are real legit reasons to have fake ones and not against them.

I heard on the radio a few months ago that designer vagina's is now the rage in some places. Give me a break! Who shows there vagina that much to require that?

P.S If I could, I would pay for sideburns 70's style. I don't get facial hair very much. Meh!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Thanks to numerous surgeries, I have lots of "war wounds". Technically, I could get plastic surgery to make me look a bit less like Frankenstein's monster. But I like the reminder of where I've been and all I've gone through.

To each his/her own. Personally, it's not for me.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think it depends greatly. Most people who say "plastic surgery is a terrible idea" are thinking of all the celebrities who have juiced up their faces with botox/fillers or have unnaturally large implants put in. This is why the plastic surgery industry has such a bad rep, and had become a 'taboo' subject. But a lot of people don't see the other side of plastic surgery, the side that really does change peoples lives for the better!

My wife has had a breast lift and tummy tuck, and i'm telling you she has never been happier. After 5 kids she was very unhappy with her body, and although she always looked beautiful to me it was hard watching her be so uncomfortable in her own skin. I could see the frustration when she'd try to buy new bathing suits, and diet and exercise can only take you so far. It was just excess skin and stretch marks that she couldn't get rid of, and after about a year of extensive research and finding the right surgeon she went ahead with the procedure. She looks fantastic, she always did, but witnessing her get her spark back was worth ten fold what we payed for the surgery.

So I know a lot of people knock plastic surgery as an industry, but keep in mind there's a lot more to it than people getting work done that didn't need it in the first place. We've actually become quite close with her surgeon, he's a wonderful man, and she's met a lot of other women that have had similar experiences and are very grateful that the field of cosmetic surgery exists. It's not always about looking superficial, sometimes it really is about making your outside match how you feel on the inside.
    Lynn49, Abby5, ssbean and 6 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

For some people, plastic surgery could be addictive.
    Before (Pete Burns, Dead or Alive group)

After (Pete Burns today)

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

weird looking ! IMO

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Personally, I would never have plastic surgery. The risks outweigh the good, and while my nose may be a little too big, and my breasts a little too small, they are what god gave me and I intent to keep everything the same
    strew, Natalka, coyote00 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

First off the gene would not change no matter how great plastic surgery you make, so, maybe your kids appearance would expose your real appearance. this is the real news i got from the newspaper.

Then you must be in great risk to do the plastic surgery, if it fails, it's must be the nightmare.

Last, if girls want to do that, i just want to say that t
    here are no ugly women, only lazy ones.

So, personally, the plastic surgery is the tragic mistake.
    if the music's too loud, you are too old.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Thanks to numerous surgeries, I have lots of "war wounds". Technically, I could get plastic surgery to make me look a bit less like Frankenstein's monster. But I like the reminder of where I've been and all I've gone through.

To each his/her own. Personally, it's not for me.
    Yahoo! That is so cool! Yahoo x 5 and a Hubba Hubba Hubba!

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    For some people, plastic surgery could be addictive.
    Before (Pete Burns, Dead or Alive group)

After (Pete Burns today)
    I genuinely feel sorry for him/her

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    Personally, I would never have plastic surgery. The risks outweigh the good, and while my nose may be a little too big, and my breasts a little too small, they are what god gave me and I intent to keep everything the same
    Yahoo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cherrycheers View Post

Last, if girls want to do that, i just want to say that t
    here are no ugly women, only lazy ones.
    Yahoo!!
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I've had surgery (I hate the word "plastic") in the form of a breast reduction many years ago and should have done it sooner. Obviously most of us who have this done do so for medical/physical reasons and not for vanity's sake. However, I can't stand in judgement of anyone who has some work done that they feel would enhance their appearance, or for correcting a feature. If it makes them feel better about themselves, then who am I to judge. I do draw the line at the extreme, but I don't have to be them and look in the mirror every day, so it's none of my business. But! If I saw my friend going over to the dark side of cosmetic surgery, I'd certainly try to discourage them because I wouldn't want them to be humiliated.

And I feel that there ARE women who certainly could use some work to correct their features and laziness has nothing to do with how they look. Some unfortunate women and men are born with features that can severely impact their social and economic lives and I'd never deny them the opportunity to better their lives.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Jan 4th, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
    Abby5, ssbean, DianneS and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

My humble opinion is that if it makes "you" (operative word) feel better then go ahead. Just know the risks and do the research. I am way to frightened of a needle let alone a scalpel. A bum lift would have its merits though
    Lynn49, Abby5, ssbean and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I would in a heart beat..if I could see putting the money towards it and not other things
    I would love my pre-kids boobs back and my flat, stretch mark free stomach back...my list could go on and on! Lol
    Lynn49, coyote00, i_forget and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wow here is is explaining himself. What a tragic thing. He was so handsome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIuokI647D8

I have not had any plastic surgery either and like Andit I have quite a few battle scars lol. I agree if it is what you want and need to make you feel better go ahead. There is a line though between improvement and what this guy did . You have to hope your doctor knows where to say no.
    Abby5, lecale, ssbean and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrycheers View Post

Last, if girls want to do that, i just want to say that there are no ugly women, only lazy ones.

there comes a point when the skin looses its elasticity, and it does not matter how much you exercise, that skin is never going to bounce back. Some are more lucky than others, but for a lot It will always remain big flaps of excess skin which have to be surgically removed, not just for how it looks, but for the negative Heath implications....like rashes and infections. Imagine having 30lbs of excess skin hanging from your stomach. Getting rid of that without a scalpel is impossible.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information