User Tag List

Page 234 of 370 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 284 334 ... LastLast
Results 3,496 to 3,510 of 5538
Like Tree36122Likes

Thread: PammieD's Love is in the Air Package Train

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkin9211 View Post
    Soo.... here is something about Pumpkin some of you might be surprised to learn.

I don't like people. HA! I don't like to be touched by people(that I don't know) and I find it hard to make friends. That in itself is funny because most people call me a "social butterfly".

Let me try to explain....

I am the friend that "tells you like it is".... sometimes they are called "Leslie-isms". HAHA! For this reason, many people find me "harsh" and "bi***y". I don't like to rent my "head space" out to people who refuse to do anything to change their situation(s), etc. And, come to me the 3rd time with the same stuff... I just tell you "I've already told you want I think... I'm not talking about it anymore.". MANY find this kind of friendship harsh and therefore, I have few "true, real life friends".

My hubby is my bestfriend. My sister is a close second. And then I have 4 true friends. I know many people... but it isn't the same.

I had a great friend once. She was smart, funny and beautiful. She feel in love with a man. The man was horrible to her. They had children. 3 of them to be exact. I hosted the baby showers. He loved his booze. Sometimes, he hit her.... I took many phone calls at 3am. I was supportive for many years. It was my hubby who said... "you can't keep hurting like this".. I thought long and hard about it. And, I met with her in person and told her "I can't sit back and watch you destroy yourself. I know its unfair to say its him or our friendship so I won't. But, what I will tell you is that I can no longer support your decision to stay with an abusive man. I need to know when it's time to walk away and although it hurts like hell, I am walking away from you". We didn't speak for 2 years. She left him after he was arrested for kicking the crap out of her one night. She called. We spoke. We are slowly starting to speak more often. Some people think my choice was cruel. I don't. I did what I needed to do for me.

It has taken me MANY years to learn that it is "ok" to do what is best for me.
    You and me both lady. Don's family calls me blunt or something like that. I don't care. I have better things to do than to tip toe around people. That being said, there's a way to be honest and tactful at the same time. I think for me, working in HR has helped me "develop" this skill. So many people BS their employers and lie to get what they want that i think it disenchanted me a little. When people would complain that it wasn't fair and they couldn't raise their kids having to work shifts, and threaten to quit, I'd say "you have to do what is best for you and your situation." I completely get that working straight afternoons or nights is hard, but unfortunately those were the times that we needed to staff for and it is what is! Most of the jobs that these employees would quit for were also shift work (I MAY have been aware of some applications outside my door for McDonald's, the movie theatre, a grocery store etc...but that's a whole other story!). Don't get me wrong. There were also fantastic people that I worked with and whenever possible, and we would try to make schedules work, but the fact of the matter is, we needed employees in the evenings and nights and weekends, and that was it. People would lie about custody arrangements, abusive spouses, court orders, childrens medical conditons etc etc. Using your children to manipulate your employer is NOT ok.

Basically, I think HR has definitely toughened me up a lot, AND made me more sensitive and sympathetic to those who have legitimate problems. End of rant.

Trading Score
    493 (100%)

Anyone from SC is pre-approved to hug me Its the people who hug EVERYONE that bother me. And the crazy people who want to kiss too.... Um, no thanks.
    bahahahahaha, the girl I work with is like that, she is a sweetheart but that is one thing I find awkward and my kids are just thrown by it lol. We are a huggy bunch in the house but not big outside huggers.

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    I am going to share with everyone a biit of my very private history. This was my mother Margret Moffat. She was involved in a fatal accident on a shuttle bus from London to Toronto aiirport to join us in Winnipeg. I miss her dearly and lately have a hard time not thinking about how thiings should have been.....

http://www.schulich.uwo.ca/schulichh...day-on-tuesday

Thank you for sharing this coyote. I'm sorry for your loss. My mother was killed in a car accident by a dangerous driver when I was ten. That was 23 years ago, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her. Keep her close to your heart. She's never far from you

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLadybird View Post
    Buddy: do you have a favorite magazine (that you don't have subscription for)?
    I don't need any at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Armygirl76 View Post
    For all those praying and keeping me in their thoughts today I thank you for what amounts to a miracle. The spots they found 6 weeks ago are defiantly new cancer growth but the new scan shows no change which means either very slow growth or it has stabilized again. My doctor is very happy and has recommended that I continue on my drug study. I could cry tears off joy I am so glad I told you all yesterday it helped me sleep last night and gave me a miracle I Love u all!!!!!!!
    I'm happy for your news.

Hi Ladies.. I missed you all so very much... I did think of you on vacation..... here is the proof:
    Attachment 159097
    Glad you're back

Quote Originally Posted by slambert View Post
    Hey buddy, do you scrapbook...I know this was asked on another train but I forget what you said
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by dlee View Post
    buddy, if you could have five coupons right now, what would they be?
    Kraft PB
    Bread
    hmm...I'll add others later.

Quote Originally Posted by new2sc View Post
    Would my buddy want $5 Chapmans???
    Sure!

Quote Originally Posted by julesie-pie View Post
    I went out today and found some stuff to fill in the spaces! Buddy you are ok with chocolate & candy bubble wrap, yes? Will try to mail tomorrow, if not Monday or Tuesday at the latest!
    Okay with chocolate & candy bubble wrap!

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebel View Post
    I may not be here much....and any posts after last night I haven't read.....

I was at the vet with my furrbaby jezebel and recieved the worst news ever....I have maybe a week at most with her she has a tumor and fast progressing bone cancer.....she is on pain medicine and I want to love on her as much I can and take tons more pics...

.I am heart broken beyong words ......so I am sorry but I need time with her....
    I'm so sorry Jez. I can empathize as my cats are children. Love her to pieces. She knows how much you care.

Soo.... here is something about Pumpkin some of you might be surprised to learn.

I don't like people. HA! I don't like to be touched by people(that I don't know) and I find it hard to make friends. That in itself is funny because most people call me a "social butterfly".

I am the friend that "tells you like it is".... sometimes they are called "Leslie-isms". HAHA! For this reason, many people find me "harsh" and "bi***y". I don't like to rent my "head space" out to people who refuse to do anything to change their situation(s), etc. And, come to me the 3rd time with the same stuff... I just tell you "I've already told you want I think... I'm not talking about it anymore.". MANY find this kind of friendship harsh and therefore, I have few "true, real life friends".

My hubby is my bestfriend. My sister is a close second. And then I have 4 true friends. I know many people... but it isn't the same.

I had a great friend once. She was smart, funny and beautiful. She feel in love with a man. The man was horrible to her. They had children. 3 of them to be exact. I hosted the baby showers. He loved his booze. Sometimes, he hit her.... I took many phone calls at 3am. I was supportive for many years. It was my hubby who said... "you can't keep hurting like this".. I thought long and hard about it. And, I met with her in person and told her "I can't sit back and watch you destroy yourself. I know its unfair to say its him or our friendship so I won't. But, what I will tell you is that I can no longer support your decision to stay with an abusive man. I need to know when it's time to walk away and although it hurts like hell, I am walking away from you". We didn't speak for 2 years. She left him after he was arrested for kicking the crap out of her one night. She called. We spoke. We are slowly starting to speak more often. Some people think my choice was cruel. I don't. I did what I needed to do for me.

Good for you. We all need to think about our own well being more often.
    ......SEARCH USING SWAGBUCKS!.....
    ..................EARN $$$ FAST!..................
    .............Join using my referral..............
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/K8sFate

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

hand delivered my buddies package today these were some of the items * no pic of the flowers though
    I met THE famous jezebel! and her beautiful little girl who is so soft and so lovely - she let me pet her and my little guy got to play with her toys he loved it, didn't want to leave, HE pooped on the potty!!!!(this is new for him- I'm so proud!) and hopefully we didn't put mama Jez out with our little visit. Mwah!
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by wendyjane; Mon, Jan 28th, 2013 at 05:18 PM. Reason: HE not ME!!!
    Jezebel, KK7, Melissa13 and 10 others like this.
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sorry I missed so much lately. I was in Toronto all weekend with my girlfriends. We were wedding and bridesmaid dress shopping for one of my friends upcoming weddings. It was a lot of fun! Hotel, drinks, dinner, more drinks, and dancing. However, I think I'm more tired now than on Friday before the weekend began!

Here's a pic of me and one of my gfs.
    Last edited by K8's Fate; Mon, Jan 28th, 2013 at 03:16 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

I'm similiar in many of those ways too Pumpkin. Most of my younger years, I spent being really shy. After graduating high school, I opened up a bit more. But for me, it was always easier to make friends with males than females. I hate being "fake" and friends that talk behind each other's backs and who judge everyone, etc etc. I'm what I like to say "real" and will tell it how it is if I feel like saying it. So most people think I'm a grumpy person or yes the "B" word sometimes. My husband is my best friend too. We've learned over the past 10 years who our "real" friends are and slowly stopped hanging out with the ones who were too fake or who didn't understand the "give/take" part of a friendship. (SO many friends would ask so much of my husband for help to them, but whenever he needed help with something, they were never around) We mostly just spend our time together with our son and we're okay with that. We have our few good friends now and see them when we can. I also am not a touchy person. My family is not like that at all, yet my husband's family is SOOOOO incredibly huggy and emotional so it's always kind of uncomfortable for me when we go to visit in Ontario.

Hehehe the other day, I was telling hubby about something on the thread or a story about one of you or whatever and just talking about SC.....and he says to me, "hunny it's okay to say that they're your friends, just because you don't hang out with them in person doesn't mean that they are not your friends" Then I kind of stopped talking and teared up a bit.....because well for one, I am prego and emotional these days BAHAHAHA and two, because I truly do love coming on here and chatting with you all, hearing everyone's stories and laughing at everyone's funny pics every day. :D

Finally, I mailed my package today. Sent tracking # to Pammie. Buddy should get it soon......

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Once upon a time.... in SSM a beautiful woman nicknamed Pumpkin was going for a 1.5 hour massage. And, Pumpkin was 100% she was going to live happily ever after... The End.

Wanna know the best part?!?!?!? ITS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW>>>>> well, my relaxation therapist is a saint(I really believe that)... anyway... every time you have a treatment by her..she puts your name into the draw for "your free regular treatment". I won!! WOOT WOOT WOOT!!!!

I wasn't going to have one until March because of the Cuba trip and then the 5 day London ON trip.... we don't have a money tree so something had to give... but I told you ladies I believe in karma... I did my best to help people in Cuba and I like to think "someone took note" and that is why I won.

Life is good.
    Last edited by pumpkin9211; Mon, Jan 28th, 2013 at 04:14 PM.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendyjane View Post
    hand delivered my buddies package today these were some of the items * no pic of the flowers though
    I met THE famous jezebel! and her beautiful little girl who is so soft and so lovely - she let me pet her and my little guy got to play with her toys he loved it, didn't want to leave, Pooped on the potty!!!!(this is new for him- I'm so proud!) and hopefully we didn't put mama Jez out with our little visit. Mwah!
    Thank You for everything ! It was a nice visit and Jez was comfortable that you were kind as she would have stayed clear of the room if she had been afraid

Thanks for your kindness towards my furr baby she said meowy meow (thank you)

It was very nice meeting you and having a visit an I really appreciate you having thought ahead and posted a pic for me !!! I will post a pic of the flowers and the pretty way you wrapped as soon as my camera is ready

Thank You

p.s I will treasure the snow globe forever and for always ...for those who can't see on the other side is a pic of my Jez.....

Trading Score
    159 (100%)

A friend of mine shared this on FB. I thought this group would enjoy it too.

A wife goes out for a night on the town with the girls, telling her husband she’ll be home around midnight.
    Midnight passes by, drinks are flowing, the girls are laughing and having a great time. At around 2:45 in the morning, drunk as hell, she finally gets a cab and makes her way back home.

She gets to the front door and ever-so-gently nudges it open, not making a sound. She takes her shoes off, again not making a sound. Knowing her husband will give her hell for coming home so late and drunk, she’s quite proud of herself for being so stealthy.

Just then, the cuckoo clock in the hallway goes off, cuckooing 3 times signalling the late hour. Realizing he might wake up, she decides to cuckoo another 9 times. She smiles to herself, proud that she’d come up with such a clever solution on the spot. He’d never know the difference!

That next morning during breakfast the husband looked at his wife, who was obviously hungover, and asked, “So… what time did you get in last night?”

“Oh, right around midnight, just like I said,” she replied. The husband didn’t seem disturbed at all. Her plan had worked!

“Well,” he said, “I think we need a new cuckoo clock.”

“Why do you say that?” she asked.

“Because last night the one we have cuckooed 3 times, then said ‘oh ,’ cuckooed 4 more times, cleared its throat, cuckooed another 3 times, giggled, then tripped over the coffee table and farted.”

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

I love all of your hearts and stories. thank you for sharing. I'm thankful that SC is a community where we can all share how we really feel and that introvert or extrovert, we can express ourselves

Trading Score
    232 (100%)

not sure if anyone is interested but next week an organization called Free the Children is collecting pennies at any RBC Bank. The program is called "We Create Change" - parents and children and teachers can pick up bags to collect pennies. 2,500 pennies = clean water for one person.

For those of you who have young kids, it might be something you're interested in! =)

here's the link for more info:
    http://www.freethechildren.com/get-i...create-change/

Trading Score
    155 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bluzsuz View Post
    bahahahahaha, the girl I work with is like that, she is a sweetheart but that is one thing I find awkward and my kids are just thrown by it lol. We are a huggy bunch in the house but not big outside huggers.
    Glad to hear that I'm not the only one uncomfortable being touched by people I don't well!

Trading Score
    155 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    Fresh hot Chocolate Chip cookies out of the oven mmmmmmm perfect for a poopy day outside!!
    Yummmm! Chocolate chip cookies - they are best just out of the oven - my DH will put them in the microwave for a few secs to get that fresh from the oven taste!

Trading Score
    272 (100%)

Ok... so I'm backwards.. I'm caught up from now to my last post on Friday (?) However, I still haven't caught up on the couple days before that! This working for a pay cheque thing really sucks..

Trading Score
    123 (99%)

Love the pics Blususz! Love your pull out drawers! I have almost all my cupboards with pot drawers(I have the BEST handy dude)

G
    coyote00, Mich649, dlee and 2 others like this.
    http://www.facebook.com/gkbringswhatawomanwants

Like us and be entered to win a Custom Personalized bracelet!

Thread Information