User Tag List

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree867Likes

Thread: Omg, dh and i are such suckers!!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Thanks for the update.
    This is surprising and sad news. Scorpion! Boy that previous owner did NOT take care of the puppies at all.

I am hoping for good news later today.
    All the puppies were kept in a cage outside, these are no outside dogs. He also only gave them regular milk, at 4 weeks old. That is why my tiny Maggie was almost dead when I got her. I fully expected her to die within hours of us purchasing her, we just wanted her to know she was loved before she died. BUT, she surprised us and pulled through, I thought everything was going great. I knew about tis bite, all the others had cleared up, but we were having some trouble and infection from this one, but it took a turn for the worse. She was going back to the vet on Fri Mar 1 anyways, but I couldn't wait a week, I needed to take her yesterday. I have full intentions of walking in there today and to see her sitting up, jumping on her front tiny feet, happy to see me as usual, well.....she better be or I'll be a blubbering idiot again
    Lynn49 and Shwa Girl like this.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, gosh - hoping that the meds work quickly and she recovers soon!

Where would she have gotten a scorpion bite? Just out on a walk somewhere?

Ooo, I'd rather have the frigid temps than scorpions being about....
    abbasgirl and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Nat, down here in the RGV the scorpions come out at night. Our neighbor 2 doors down killed a big one on his lawn the night before last. I don't walk my dogs after dark because of that. There are also brown spiders and widows and some other nasty spiders here. We always pay to have our entire lot and trailer sprayed every year when we get here so we don't have an problems, but a lot of people don't want to pay the $80 soooo, watch out. Maggie had several spider bites when we got her, and most of them have cleared up, but there was one that was giving her trouble, she was on antibiotics for it, but guess they didn't help. The vet explained it as when we get pneumonia, regular penicillin won't help, you need the super duper (OMG, I'm showing my age ) meds. Maggie needs the super meds to cure this. She was going to get that on March 1st (her next scheduled appt at the vet) but this happened so she had to go earlier. I'm really hoping I can take her home today with some liquid/pill form of the new med, but I have to see how she did last night. The vets office didn't call me last night, so that's a good think, but I'm so worried. I'm looking through all the pictures I've taken of her and I'm crying...such a sap!!!
    Crochetlady, Lynn49 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    The vets office didn't call me last night, so that's a good think, but I'm so worried. I'm looking through all the pictures I've taken of her and I'm crying...such a sap!!!
    Sap? No.Not at all. Maggie is a new member of your family, so the pictures bring back all the good memories. You have video too, if my memory is good? That was very smart to have those done.

Here's hoping for good news later today.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

So holly?? Did she have that Scorpion bite from the minute you rescued ( bought ) her? Did it take all this time to work it's poison on her? Good grief, she just has to be o.k., we have all fallen for her hard! Keep us updated, I am so sad for you and DH.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I hope no news is good news.........Holly...we're all pulling for wee Maggie; she's just GOT to be okay!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I.......am so scared...why haven't we heard from Holly....????
    abbasgirl and hollyquaiscer like this.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Good Morning everyone, sorry for the late posting, but I didn't sleep well last night at all. They had to do surgery on Maggie yesterday. The put her on some med Metocarbamol for the pain and the muscle spasms she was having, but it seems there is something wrong in her intestines I'm so confused with all there wording and I'm soooo worried and tired that I'm not sure I heard everything correctly. All I remember is them saying, "We can operate to try and correct the issue but it's not a guarantee, it may be better to just put her down It kills me that down here it seems that animals have no rights or respect!!!! It makes me so very angry I just looked at dh and said do the surgery NOW!!! Since I didn't hear from them last night, I'm assuming that things went fairly smoothly. They never call unless there is an issue. Seems our poor tiny Maggie has some intestinal problems, but I'm going to do what ever it takes to save her. She's stolen our hearts, and that of Marley too. Poor Marley has been sitting at the window since Maggie left for the vet, she hasn't eaten, and last night she was laying in Maggie's bed she misses her too. I did watch all my videos and look at every picture of Maggie yesterday (several times) and I cried like a baby....I'm so upset. Sue, my neighbor, came over last night to see how things were progressing, and when I told her, she was shocked. This morning she came over and handed dh a cheque from the park for $250... ... to help cover the medical costs for Maggie. Everyone in the park of coarse knows Maggie and they too have fallen in love with her. The joke here is that she's the resorts new guard dog Our tiny Maggie has a lot of people pulling for her, she just has to get better!!!!
    Natalka and Crochetlady like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Prayers for your little Maggie!

Name:  hugsfrommelovebear.gif
Views: 120
Size:  37.5 KB

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

PM'd you, Holly......I just finished saying my prayer for wee Maggie and am in tears...She's got to have found you for a reason: she had to find someone who would fight as hard as she would to survive. She found you, your hubby and Marley....she did pretty good for a wee soul. Please letus know how she's doing this morning...will you be going in to give her a snuffle and more words of encouragement? Blessings to all of you...Lynn
    Crochetlady likes this.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Oh my heart breaks for her and for you. I cannot imagine.
    I am praying for little Maggie, she will pull through she is a fighter that little one!
    Lynn49 likes this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Holly, I`ve been following this thread about Maggie. She`s such a little sweetheart. My prayers are with you all.
    Natalka likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh Holly. We just said a prayer. I am so sorry you are going through this with her.
    *hugs*
    Lynn49 likes this.
    Love like crazy everyday and smile.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh poor Marley! That makes it even more heart breaking! Get well soon Maggie!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I can barely believe all that darling has had to endure so far. You as well holly, I understand you crying over her. Maggie has our prayers, and so very compassionate of the park residents where you vacation to have showed you their love as well. We will wait for your next post.

babies teach us acceptance

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information