User Tag List

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree188Likes

Thread: FreshPoints - New Canadian Reward Points! *App Ended*

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is anyone having issues with scanning the "Specials" for the higher points? I scan them but only seem to get 1 point for them. The first week I scanned them I received the bonus points, but now I'm not. Just 1 point and when I review the item, one additional point. Am I doing something wrong?
    Adriana likes this.

Trading Score
    80 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by sydneysmom View Post
    Is anyone having issues with scanning the "Specials" for the higher points? I scan them but only seem to get 1 point for them. The first week I scanned them I received the bonus points, but now I'm not. Just 1 point and when I review the item, one additional point. Am I doing something wrong?
    I've noticed their sometimes looking for a particular size of the "special" product.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lindsbeth112984 View Post
    Um, did they change something? I used to be able to scan the same items every day. Tonight I scanned several items, all of them said I already got points for scanning this item this week.
    This was posted on Facebook a few hours ago.I am assuming this is directed at the people that thought they didn't have to actually buy the product.

Dear FreshPoints members,

We hope you are enjoying our app so far! In order to maintain the FreshPoints experience that you love, we've implemented a limit to prevent "gaming" of the program by limiting scans on a product to once a week. For most of you this shouldn't change anything if you are scanning your newly purchased grocery items every week.

If you run into any problems, you know where to find me! We're working hard every day to make the FreshPoints experience better for you.

Maddie & The FreshPoints Team

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been scanning a few items at home and now it say "Sorry, you have reached the award limit for this action."
    Anybody know why? Is there a limit you can scan in a day?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Limit of 50 product scans per day and you can only do a product once per week. They've also now put a limit on the number of places you can check in. I wonder what the limit is and if it's daily or weekly? It must be weekly because today I went to Sobeys and it said I had already reached my limit for that action and then I went to FB and tried to check in there and got the same message.

I have a feeling I'll be deleting this app soon. The restrictions are getting tighter and tighter (which I don't blame them at all for - they can't be giving away crazy amounts of money all the time), and it uses up mega amounts of data. My last phone bill was higher than usual and I suspect it'll be because of this app. I had only started using it too, so I am sort of scared to see my next bill! Earning several $5 gift cards is awesome, but NOT if I end up paying it all back into phone bills!
    Jezebel, Angela273, nani and 2 others like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks tccl21. I just started a couple days ago and I tried to checkin yesterday at my WM and it wouldn't let me.
    thriftygranny likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I am a little confused, you are supposed to scan what you buy that week, but you can only rate products once. So is it better to now rate products and wait for them to come up on special (if they come up on special)? It will kind of suck if I buy something this week scan and rate it and next week it is special and I cannot get the bonus points because I rate it the week before.

I only use this app on my ipod so I do not have to worry about data. If you are scanning items you bought connect to your wifi when at home it will eliminate the data usage.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I am only scanning at home due to ppl posting how much data is being used.....scanning at home using wi-fi I don't have to worry about data usage like SassyAshleys points out !

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

I only got one point for the Lifestyle cookies, the Koolaid and the Fibre1 Brownies. Also, the number of specials is down to half what it was yesterday, is that normal??

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I had this happen last week with only getting 1 point they are still looking into my balance for me.

Can you restart the app, I just looked on mine and all the specials are still listed. Unless I know sometimes after I get the points for one it disappears not sure if it is supposed to or not. Loving this app just wished they had better instructions on what is normal and not. Right now it seems to be all trial and error.

Quote Originally Posted by MTLcouponer View Post
    I only got one point for the Lifestyle cookies, the Koolaid and the Fibre1 Brownies. Also, the number of specials is down to half what it was yesterday, is that normal??
    thriftygranny likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

I'm assuming that anyone using this in the stores has an iPhone, or at least an Apple product..... I just checked my data usage and I don't see anything unusual about it. And that is even with my daughter tethering off my iPhone while in the store so she can get points with her iPod.
    Support your Starbucks habit like me.Free Starbucks Gift Cards!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I've had issues with multiple bonus items this week, worse than usual.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Same here - problems to no end and tighter and tighter restrictions. I'm about 30 seconds away from deleting this app.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I am waiting for my gift card in the mail. I have also experienced problems with not receiving the bonus points on items and their reviews. I have been rating bonus items and no name items in an attempt to avoid rating something that might become the special next week.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

It has it's glitches but seeing how new it is I am sure they will get things figured out. It is still a quick way to earn gift cards in my opinion. I am cashing out every 750 points for Amazon now in case they raise or change things. I have been able to get a few of those a week. Some of the Safeways around here have WIFI so I have been trying to use that if I scan items in the store.
    MDellen and thriftygranny like this.
    RRLF COKE PINS and LUNCHMATE PINS

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information