User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: lack of trad trains!

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

You know, I never really thought about how hard it is for newer members to trade (even though I was once there). I sent a lot of stamps LOL. My next traditonal train will be for newer members. My BP s always reasonable (i.e. my last one 2 x 2013 coupon of your choice I believe).

I just want to obtain a few more good coupons before I start the next one.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I get a "brain strain" when I try to figure out VWL trains. I like traditional trains but would suggest that they only be about 4 people long. That way, it only takes about a month or so, there should usually be enough variety to please a few people. I thought the idea was that people have different needs and wants so that should work. Perhaps a cap on the value of what people can remove - or a cap on # of coupons removed would help to guarantee that all the "best" coupons don't get removed and replaced with Non-premium ones. Also - I certainly don't mind insert coupons or Save.ca ones. I don't have that many at one time so duplicates of ones I have are ok with me. That's my 2 cents. - please don't "round it down" to 0 cents!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)

I really want to be on a train too.
    I am new to Smart Canucks and have not yet had a chance to be on a train.
    coyote00 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)

Hi.
    I am new to Smart Canucks and eager to board a train just so you know.

I coupon avidly so i think i would make a good train passenger.
    I'm contstantly collecting tearpad coupons and I make sure that i get to lots of grocery stores and pharamacies here in Regina to continue building my collection.
    I'm currently on 6 couponing websites too.

Trading Score
    104 (100%)

this thread makes me giggle as I have been a member for a few years, and I still can't grasp how the wishlist trains work. I haven't ridden on any train, because it all seems so confusing to me. I'm sure it's not that complicated once you've tried a few, so every now and again I poke into the coupon train section and after 10mins of reading posts my brain does this .

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have joined a couple of trains and started my VWT, I think after I fill the requirements for these I will start another traditional train. The coupon fairy was really good to me this time around (looks like her and her mom have been stockpiling for me, please note no tear pads were cleared these are mostly inserts, in magazine or packaging coupons or mail out coupons) which should leave a nice variety to run another train.

I agree with keeping traditional trains smaller, I find once you get over 4 to 5 riders it takes way too long and I had an issue on one I rode once where by the time it got to me 95% of the coupons were expired and when I contacted the conductor I was informed since the train was now in my possesion it was my job to replace ALL expired coupons (yes the reply back to me came with ALL in capital bold letters). At the time I did not have $70 worth of coupons I could put into the train to replace them all not to mention since almost all were expired the only ones that weren't were baby coupons I was going to get nothing out of the train and would have to pay postage on the train. At this point I had to give her two options that I would put in what I could and send it to the next rider (I think was about $30 in coupons) or I would send the train back to her and she could replace them and send them to the rider after me.

I only recently joined Smartcanucks and so far I am really enjoying the expereinces I have had on trains. It does seem like people here do set out more rules for the trains but honestly I do feel they are needed. I understand especially on a traditional train there is no promise of what you will get but to get a train with all expired coupons, a train with $50+ but only 5 or 6 different coupons or the wrong coupons (ie food train but all coupons seem to baby and pharmacy) it is really disappointing. Hopefully everyone shows respect when joining trains and more traditional trains will be offered.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Feb 22nd, 2013 at 12:26 PM.
    coupon girl and PammieD like this.

Trading Score
    408 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I have joined a couple of trains and started my VWT, I think after I fill the requirements for these I will start another traditional train. The coupon fairy was really good to me this time around (looks like her and her mom have been stockpiling for me, please note no tear pads were cleared these are mostly inserts, in magazine or packaging coupons or mail out coupons) which should leave a nice variety to run another train.

I agree with keeping traditional trains smaller, I find once you get over 4 to 5 riders it takes way too long and I had an issue on one I rode once where by the time it got to me 95% of the coupons were expired and when I contacted the conductor I was informed since the train was now in my possesion it was my job to replace ALL expired coupons (yes the reply back to me came with ALL in capital bold letters). At the time I did not have $70 worth of coupons I could put into the train to replace them all not to mention since almost all were expired the only ones that weren't were baby coupons I was going to get nothing out of the train and would have to pay postage on the train. At this point I had to give her two options that I would put in what I could and send it to the next rider (I think was about $30 in coupons) or I would send the train back to her and she could replace them and send them to the rider after me.

I only recently joined Smartcanucks and so far I am really enjoying the expereinces I have had on trains. It does seem like people here do set out more rules for the trains but honestly I do feel they are needed. I understand especially on a traditional train there is no promise of what you will get but to get a train with all expired coupons, a train with $50+ but only 5 or 6 different coupons or the wrong coupons (ie food train but all coupons seem to baby and pharmacy) it is really disappointing. Hopefully everyone shows respect when joining trains and more traditional trains will be offered.
    Ashley, was that train through SC? That'ts insanity! Unfortunately, that's a risk of running a traditional train...trust me, I know! I always appreciate it when riders help out with adding good and/or more coupons for the next riders, but wtf...that's nuts to have to replace ALL of them.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I've been lucky so far with the newbie traditional trains I've joined. I too find the VWT trains too confusing, I think my brain exploded once when I read the rules. Even some trad trains, the conductors want hard to find coups, which isn't fair when you're hosting a newbie train.

I find trading a lot of work, and I don't like spending money on stamps to get coupons.
    Granger likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hi Pammie,
    No it was not through SC but it was a big part of the reason I stopped doing trains. It took forever to get to me and than when I got it like that and was told what I had to do I was like ok maybe this isn't for me. I have no issues replacing a few but I kind of felt like if I had that many coupons I would run my own. But I think it was just the way in general it went down not even oh no I am sorry to hear that or oh my I dont know how that happend it was very as a rider of this train it is your job to replace ALL expired coupons.

Quote Originally Posted by PammieD View Post
    Ashley, was that train through SC? That'ts insanity! Unfortunately, that's a risk of running a traditional train...trust me, I know! I always appreciate it when riders help out with adding good and/or more coupons for the next riders, but wtf...that's nuts to have to replace ALL of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by amandabananda View Post
    I've been lucky so far with the newbie traditional trains I've joined. I too find the VWT trains too confusing, I think my brain exploded once when I read the rules. Even some trad trains, the conductors want hard to find coups, which isn't fair when you're hosting a newbie train.

I find trading a lot of work, and I don't like spending money on stamps to get coupons.
    I will admit one of the first thing I look at is the Boarding Pass. Maybe it is weird of me but in most cases I would prefer to send stamps over coupons just because I find sometimes the coupons being requested are just ones I do not have, so I prefer to send stamps or have the option to send stamps.

I do not mind trading but again with trading I think it all depends on the people you are trading with. I find at times my biggest issue is making the trade worth the postage, I know we are both paying postage but when someone only wants one or two coupons I feel like I am really not saving anything with the coupons I will get in return. Also trading I find can be more time consuming going back and forth and I always like to lay everything and make sure both know exactly what they are getting. A few too many times (on other sites) I would trade something to get my end with a note sorry could find ________ but sent ______ in it's place. Which is ok if the coupons are comparable but really sucks if you were trading for a food coupon and get like a pet coupon and you do not have a pet or if you traded for a $2 coupons and the replacement was $0.50. But again maybe it is me I would like to know before you send the coupons what was done so I say ok sure that will work or by any chance is there something else you can send as this coupon really has no value to me.

I have to admit some of the things that made me concerned with joining SC is what makes it a great site to use. I was worried like a few other sites I would feel I would not fit in because everyone seems to have their friends but here everyone has been welcoming and the way things are monitored is amazing. I know all issues cannot be resolved but even the fact that someone is there to try and help is great compared to some other sites where they are like yes we offer a trading section but it is trade at your own risk and you continue to see people who had issues still trading even when you know you are not the only who had an issue it is really sucks (sorry can't think of a nicer way to say it).

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Enjoying this thread. It is threads like this that increase my knowledge of the SC world. It is also nice to know that other ppl who are not new to SC but who are newer to trading have the same feelings and insecurities as me. The best part by far is knowing that this is a safe and fun place to learn and grow.
    SassyAshley likes this.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information