User Tag List

Page 70 of 81 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1208
Like Tree3821Likes

Thread: Frugal March chatter (Marching on with Savings) cont'd Frugal Feb....

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I"m going to call Rogers tomorrow and pretend I"m cancelling my land line. I'm trying for a cheaper rate.
    We need to cut our bill a bit.
    Do you have a land line? If so what do you pay?

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I love ham, I could naw at the bone like a dog (lol).

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    We are having ham...just me and DH.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Mar 25th, 2013 at 08:44 PM.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

ham.........ummmmmmmmmmmm. Wild fish is expensive you are correct. I buy the High Liner market cuts, I love talapia (spelling)?

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    I am hosting- just a few people and it will be ham. Fish for Good Friday and Ham for Sunday dinner. I bought the ham a few months ago when it was on super sale Fish on the other hand, is it just me or is wild fish harder to find @ a reasonable price?

Thanks everyone for the well wishes about puppy. It looks like it is the food. The change is hitting him a bit hard. We underestimated just how sensitive he would be. And we thought we were starting small. Poor thing. The switch will be good for him and us as well (we are going with a raw food diet because get this: the real meat/bone ground in our area is cheaper than the no veggie/no grain kibble in the store.)
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    I love ham, I could naw at the bone like a dog (lol).

Me too but I am going to save it for pea soup.
    Last edited by macw1960; Mon, Mar 25th, 2013 at 10:28 PM.
    Insane and jasperandchar like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    I"m going to call Rogers tomorrow and pretend I"m cancelling my land line. I'm trying for a cheaper rate.
    We need to cut our bill a bit.
    Do you have a land line? If so what do you pay?
    I am in ON also and I have a land line with Bell with anytime unlimited long distance for Canada & US. I pay $42.85 monthly not including tax.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by matty's mom View Post
    I am hosting- just a few people and it will be ham. Fish for Good Friday and Ham for Sunday dinner. I bought the ham a few months ago when it was on super sale Fish on the other hand, is it just me or is wild fish harder to find @ a reasonable price?
    Fish! Probably the one thing that is cheaper here than Ontario. Last night I got fresh white fish who had been swimming freely mere hours before! When I travel up North I bring back an entire Arctic Char for $20-30. In theory we could go fish and catch some on the lake, but in reality, I just buy it. You need a boat to get the best fish really.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

DH loves fishing but sadly no boat for him so he just sits on the dock.
    jasperandchar likes this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Going to try to catch up on the questions asked.

So far we are skipping Easter, it is my bdayso we are hoping to go away. It will all depends on how I am feeling, still sick but good news is I went to the doc and so far it is just a cold (I know that sounds odd but the girl I got the cold from both her and her husband now have phenomena so just a cold makes me happy).

In my family all holidays are interested on what will be served as me and my bro go to 2 dinner so they try to make sure we are not eating the same thing twice. So usually at mom's we get creative and have had everything from lasgna to pizza to ribs to wings for holidays.

We are with Bell we have a landline, a bunch of extras and internet and pat around $100/month. I am trying to get this down but yeah my mom has not gottan around to making the call and the phone is in her name. Going to get on her next week to call Bell and Rogers as we need to lower our phone bill and I want a PVR from Rogers but also want to lower our bill. I am currently in a massive fight with Rogers over the fact they put me in a contract on our cable without our consent and if need be if this will be taking the broading casting people (sorry sick and cannot think of their offical name).

Question for today for anyone this applies too, this whole smart meter thing from Hydro is anyone else finding it to be a real pain.

In Ontario peak hours include 5 pm to 7 pm, I am trying my hardest not to have to run anything in these hours but I gotta tell you this is not easy. If I have to work late it seems like my OverTime is going right to Hydro to cover the fact that I will now have to shower, cook dinner and clean up from dinner during this time. I know many people are saying well wait until 7 pm, but I am up at 5 am most days for work and by 7 pm I am seriously crashing out. Not to mention that my weekends are now full of all the chores I cannot get done during the week. I used to not mind doing a few things during the week so that come the weekend I can have some time to relax but now I have to do everything on the weekend to avoid peak hours and it is really starting to wear me down. Between working longer hours and we are not even in our busy season yet (oh yes I am so looking forward to this summer looks like it might be full of long hours) and trying to keep up with everything at home I am ready to crash and it seems like I just cannot get on top of it as I am constantly watching the clock to see if I can turn on the dishwasher, do I have engery to toss in a load of laundry, sadly the answer is usually no so it gets pushed to the weekend.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Fish! Probably the one thing that is cheaper here than Ontario. Last night I got fresh white fish who had been swimming freely mere hours before! When I travel up North I bring back an entire Arctic Char for $20-30. In theory we could go fish and catch some on the lake, but in reality, I just buy it. You need a boat to get the best fish really.
    Yummy! DH used to be able to just go behind his house and catch fresh salmon when he was back home in NF. Now... it doesn't taste the same at all. Arctic Char- extra yummy!!!

Mmmm... just curious, you live far more north than most of us here on SC, how far north do you travel? Magnetic north? Just teasing! I am a bit jealous of the fish though...
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I don't work so the Smart Meter is a lot easier for me. It can be a pain but I usually cook after 7:00 PM as DH works afternoons and I cook his lunch for work then. For myself I am usually reheating leftovers. If I want to bake then I do it after DH leaves for work and before 5:00.

My dishwasher has a time delay so that helps.

I have always done laundry on the weekend anyways or start it on Thursday night.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

We have VOIP phone line and it costs $25.00 per month. Long distance costs $.01 a minute for North America. It also includes two phone lines/numbers. My friends owns the telephone company so it helps.

As for the smart meter, as I am home often during the day, I find that I can work around it. But yes, when I was working in Toronto and commuting, it was a pain in the ***.
    Last edited by matty's mom; Tue, Mar 26th, 2013 at 08:33 AM.
    SassyAshley likes this.
    ROAK a Huggies or Pampers code to my local pregnancy centre- toys, clothes, food & diapers always needed!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Going to try to catch up on the questions asked.

So far we are skipping Easter, it is my bdayso we are hoping to go away. It will all depends on how I am feeling, still sick but good news is I went to the doc and so far it is just a cold (I know that sounds odd but the girl I got the cold from both her and her husband now have phenomena so just a cold makes me happy).

In my family all holidays are interested on what will be served as me and my bro go to 2 dinner so they try to make sure we are not eating the same thing twice. So usually at mom's we get creative and have had everything from lasgna to pizza to ribs to wings for holidays.

We are with Bell we have a landline, a bunch of extras and internet and pat around $100/month. I am trying to get this down but yeah my mom has not gottan around to making the call and the phone is in her name. Going to get on her next week to call Bell and Rogers as we need to lower our phone bill and I want a PVR from Rogers but also want to lower our bill. I am currently in a massive fight with Rogers over the fact they put me in a contract on our cable without our consent and if need be if this will be taking the broading casting people (sorry sick and cannot think of their offical name).

Question for today for anyone this applies too, this whole smart meter thing from Hydro is anyone else finding it to be a real pain.

In Ontario peak hours include 5 pm to 7 pm, I am trying my hardest not to have to run anything in these hours but I gotta tell you this is not easy. If I have to work late it seems like my OverTime is going right to Hydro to cover the fact that I will now have to shower, cook dinner and clean up from dinner during this time. I know many people are saying well wait until 7 pm, but I am up at 5 am most days for work and by 7 pm I am seriously crashing out. Not to mention that my weekends are now full of all the chores I cannot get done during the week. I used to not mind doing a few things during the week so that come the weekend I can have some time to relax but now I have to do everything on the weekend to avoid peak hours and it is really starting to wear me down. Between working longer hours and we are not even in our busy season yet (oh yes I am so looking forward to this summer looks like it might be full of long hours) and trying to keep up with everything at home I am ready to crash and it seems like I just cannot get on top of it as I am constantly watching the clock to see if I can turn on the dishwasher, do I have engery to toss in a load of laundry, sadly the answer is usually no so it gets pushed to the weekend.
    I struggle with this too (I think I mentioned it before) being a shift worker. I'm tired by 7 pm lol! And staying up to do laundry is not fun so I don't and end up with a massive mountain to do every second weekend when I'm off.
    I hope you are feeling better for your birthday Ashley!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I don't work so the Smart Meter is a lot easier for me. It can be a pain but I usually cook after 7:00 PM as DH works afternoons and I cook his lunch for work then. For myself I am usually reheating leftovers. If I want to bake then I do it after DH leaves for work and before 5:00.

My dishwasher has a time delay so that helps.

I have always done laundry on the weekend anyways or start it on Thursday night.
    A time delay? How cool!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

It is the very first dishwasher I have ever owned and it was in the house when we bought it. The timer comes in very handy.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    I struggle with this too (I think I mentioned it before) being a shift worker. I'm tired by 7 pm lol! And staying up to do laundry is not fun so I don't and end up with a massive mountain to do every second weekend when I'm off.
    I hope you are feeling better for your birthday Ashley!
    macw1960 likes this.

Page 70 of 81 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast

Thread Information