User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Went to Target opening in Milton today.....it sucks.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

While I don't think Target is going to be the great saviour of Canadian retailing, I do have to say I'm surprised at how quickly some folks are jumping to conclusions about their Canadian stores. Especially those who haven't even been in one yet! Any new business needs a little time to work out the kinks.....
    Last edited by DianneS; Sun, Mar 10th, 2013 at 07:22 PM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If they are going for the cafe vibe & are supposedly desperate to be Canadian - Second Cup. Always liked it more than Starbucks. I won`t be shopping at Target. It`s affecting my BF`s place of employment (or they are expecting it to).
    pippinelkhound and Poirot like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Thrift-A-Lot View Post
    If they are going for the cafe vibe & are supposedly desperate to be Canadian - Second Cup. Always liked it more than Starbucks. I won`t be shopping at Target. It`s affecting my BF`s place of employment (or they are expecting it to).
    Second Cup has almost no presence at all BC...just goes to show how diverse our country is.
    Last edited by DianneS; Wed, Mar 13th, 2013 at 01:08 AM.
    bluerose and anisa like this.
    So many coupons....so little time!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can walk to a dozen Second Cup locations from my home. I can also walk to a dozen Starbucks locations. I can also walk to a dozen & a half independent coffee shops (that I know of) from my home. Our country is quite diverse, just not in the corner you live in, I guess.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

The store in Guelph was nice. Prices weren't great but they really weren't more expensive than anywhere else, and the quality on most stuff seemed pretty good.
    I think once they've been around for a few months, have all their stock out and is less crowded it will be a nice place to shop, especially if they price match and have employees that know what they're doing.
    anisa and sweetmomma like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Just out of curiosity has anyone bought anything at Target since their opening? When you say more expensive how much are we talking about? LOL!
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Damn I just got hired a week ago for Floor Manager at Target training starts in the summer. When I visit my sister in Guelph I want to see Target. I hope it's a good place to work.
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
    Just out of curiosity has anyone bought anything at Target since their opening? When you say more expensive how much are we talking about? LOL!
    i have a feeling their prices are similar to walmart when items are not onsale.. might vary a slightly difference (not everything matched price for price but within the 50c more or less ratio) it's going to be all about the sales for the deals
    Baggravation likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I heard that Target was actually more expensive than WM mostly because they carry higher-end brands.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

but Target pays more in wages. I work at Shopper CS Manager/Key Holder and I do the tills & paperwork. when I start working at Target same similar job except no counting tills I make $2.25 a more an hour plus supposedly better health (not sure on that yet) I think they want more people on the floor so people can ask questions unlike Walmart when you have to hunt someone down and then they never help you. So more employees on the floor and more cashiers so things cost more.
    anisa likes this.

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Oh I don't mind if it's more expensive, they are bringing the brands I want to Canada Glad to hear they are treating their employees right. Zellers was awful.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccafromHalifax View Post
    but Target pays more in wages. I work at Shopper CS Manager/Key Holder and I do the tills & paperwork. when I start working at Target same similar job except no counting tills I make $2.25 a more an hour plus supposedly better health (not sure on that yet) I think they want more people on the floor so people can ask questions unlike Walmart when you have to hunt someone down and then they never help you. So more employees on the floor and more cashiers so things cost more.
    Makes me want to work here part time one day
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
    It's about the same price as Walmart give or take $0.50 to $1.00 or certain food items. Their clothing is more expensive than Walmart (T-shirts $15-$20) but I suppose they have more "trendy" fashion. Heels were $30 and their flats were $20. All of their housewares were significantly more expensive than Walmart (I picked up a welcome mat and the price was $50!) but they have A LOT more variety. Makeup was around the same price as Walmart give or take $1 (more so give) but they carried brands like NYX and Pixi which were quite expensive ($7-$20+). The more and more I think of it, it reminds me of Zellers LOL!
    anisa and Poirot like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    I heard that Target was actually more expensive than WM mostly because they carry higher-end brands.
    From what I saw, Target did not carry any "higher-end" brands. The only higher-end brands I could see was Pixi in the makeup department and that is still considered more so a medium-priced brand. In terms of clothing and shoes, they carried their typical Target lines like Mossimo ect. I think I did see some Converse for around $30 though. In terms of housewares, they had a lot more variety but I felt that it was quite similar to how Zellers was set up.
    GoJays likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssia510 View Post
    The store in Guelph was nice. Prices weren't great but they really weren't more expensive than anywhere else, and the quality on most stuff seemed pretty good.
    I think once they've been around for a few months, have all their stock out and is less crowded it will be a nice place to shop, especially if they price match and have employees that know what they're doing.
    LOL @ the employees that know what they're doing. Oh the stories I could tell you about the experiences I had at Zellers. They NEVER knew what they were doing. Makes me laugh now!
    anisa likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information