User Tag List

Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
Like Tree4771Likes

Thread: Spring into Savings - April Frugal Chatter

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Do you put dumplings in your soup or on the side? OMG I love dumplings do you make them from scratch (I do) or bisquick mix? DH loves chicken and dumplings....omg I'm drooling...
    I make the soup first, ( could be any kind, chicken or tomato based) with lots of extra broth to hold the dumpling dough, yes that is also from scratch, however I have done Bisquick many times, and they are soooo good. Now that we have gone gf, well I have not perfected my gf dumpling dough mixture yet, the last ones came out ok, but kind of tough and slightly gluey??
    I always plop them in the simmering liquid with my large ice cream scoop ( or mashed potato scoop we call it) and cover and NEVER lift that lid to peek till 20 minutes passes. Mmmmmm, I still want some even now and it is very late.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

OMG you broke your ankle, eek, I can certainly understand how you feel short changed, too bad you couldn't have used up some of your EI sick leave if that would have qualified (unsure if it would have), it's so hard going back to work from mat. leave.

Great day to have been at your Salvation Army today....I have been trying to talk dh into a bar fridge for a year now and he still wont budge
    Single worst experience of my life. Ended up having emergency surgery when he was a few hours old to put a plate and screws in my ankle. The recovery was horrible. It's bad enough recovering from labour, but a broken ankle was worse. I couldn't do anything. I sobbed just getting up to go pee cause it hurt so bad. Hubby had to take a month off work then my mother came up then my mother in law. Fortunately hubby's work was awesome and let him use up his banked sick time. His coworkers were amazing. They cooked us dinner like every night for the entire month. That's one of the things I love about living in the North. Everyone comes together to help everyone.

I looked into the whole sick leave, ect... My work was less than supportive and was all quoting the collective bargaining agreement. i could have used sick leave, and maybe if I fought it with the union go on disability. But the long story short....we decided that we couldn't go on living just on EI, so I would just go back as planned. It was an eye opener on how the short term/long term disability works though.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by YOU AND ME View Post
    Would you mind sharing your recipe for the chowder,i love soups sounds yummy

Well i haven't been on much my brother has been transfered to the hospital downtown i hate going downtown.He was in the hospital near us but dr says nothing more they can do for him now it just a matter of time before they ask us too turn of the ventilator and we will finally get to say are goodbyes,i can't seem to stop crying ,i'm ok for 5 minutes and then i think of him and the waterworks start.

My oldest dd will take me too the National Women Show on Friday and then go up to see him.well have to go keep up all the good work ladies doing an awesome job
    Again. Sorry about your brother. The seize opportunity you have to say your goodbyes. Treasure these last few moments with him.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gwennad View Post
    Ok, how do I make dumplings from scratch? Is it easy? I am not the best cook lol.

Fav comfort food is hmm. Pizza? Or roast beef dinner, better with yorkshire puddings (no from scratch lol) but I hardly ever get them.
    I use this recipe... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8040121AAmAVIO
    It comes from my trusty betty crocker cook book. It's super easy. And secretly the only reason I make turkey stew!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Went to Walmart today and got babe 2 new sippy cups for daycare. $3.88-$5=OVERAGEx2!!! Woo hooo!! I used the overages towards a candy themometer. I needed one and was planning on making some more bum cream for babe. I wanted to try a different method which requires holding it at a certain temp for 20min.

First day of daycare for #3 today. Things went well. I was a little misty, she was happy as a clam. I'm going to be a basket case next week when #4 starts.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I use this recipe... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8040121AAmAVIO
    It comes from my trusty betty crocker cook book. It's super easy. And secretly the only reason I make turkey stew!

Mine is from Betty Crocker too circa 1976.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Crochetlady View Post
    I got this recipe years ago from Kraft. It`s become one of our favourites.

2 cups diced uncooked potatoes
    1/2 c sliced carrots
    1/2 c sliced celery
    1/4 c onion
    1 tsp salt
    dash of pepper
    2 c boiling water
    1/4 c margerine
    1/4 c flour
    2 c milk
    2 1/2 c colby cheese shredded
    1 c cubed ham.

cook potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, salt, pepper and water 10 min. Do not drain.Make white sauce with margerine, flour and milk. Add cheese, ham and undrained veggies.
    6-8 servings

Thanks for the recipe, going to have to try it as it sounds yummy. I have to add the colby cheese to my grocery list.
    Crochetlady and jasperandchar like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

What would I like to see on sale?
    Nothing this week as I have spent all of my grocery money hehehe JK.
    More produce and meat on sale so I can fill up my freezer!
    Also campbells soup I am down to one can.

I tossed alot of March 31 expired coupons so I was sad to see them go

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

SassyAshley's

Question for all: well actually it is 2 Parts (1) What do you hope to see on sale this week? (2) What product would you love yo find a coupon for?

I would love to see everything I need to be on sale (lol) but primarily would like to stock up on meat and apples and oranges, bananas

I would like to find produce and meat coupons....I think I'm dreaming....

It is the Gala apples that have had me ticked off for a while now, I mean $1.47 a pound?! We wouldn't buy them, I kept swapping out whatever fruit was cheaper, like the seedless grapes were on sale. so now FB came to the rescue this week with the Gals's at .88 a pound!!
    I would love coupons for produce as well, that is an ongoing pet peeve but also for my Bounce dryer bars, they are silly expensive regular price, sale ain't that much better either, c'mon Bounce " show me the coupon!!"
    Last edited by walkonby; Thu, Apr 4th, 2013 at 09:26 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Not sure what I would like to see go on sale but I love to see some coupons for produce.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I think Loblaws (if you have one by you) had Campbell's soupon on 2/$1.00. Love the price but not that fact that is the only things they have on sale we need and it is like an hour drive to get to the cloesest one to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post

Loves To Save SimplifiedMommyTips's Avatar
    Trading Score
    260 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post

I haven't clean my stash yet, pretty sure I have lots of good coupons were not able to use before the Mar.31 and some oasis juice for kids that I have been waiting to go on sale that will all end up in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Not sure what I would like to see go on sale but I love to see some coupons for produce.
    Im second, since I started couponing I have not see any produce coupons, I know there was once from ziploc boxes but never get lucky to get one. It would be nice to find some of those.

I would love to see some royal gala and butternut squash on sale for dd food, trying to make them at home, although I have some PC organic bottle baby foods FPC coupons that was given to me and used them before they expire and got 20 for the 10x coupons get 2 free.

I saw some good sale this week though, ragu, gala apples, banana and homo milk, have to start my weekly shopping tom. Boys are feeling much better now and staying home for 1 more day to recover completely from the bug, will be back to school tom, so I have the chance to do my shopping.
    Last edited by SimplifiedMommyTips; Thu, Apr 4th, 2013 at 01:06 PM.

Trading Score
    260 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Totally easy and foolproof as long as you do not lift the lid as they will go soggy.

Doughboys

1 cup flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    --------------------
    1/2 cup milk
    2 tablespoons oil

Mix dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine milk and oil together; add all at once to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
    Drop from tablespoon atop bubbling stew. Cover tightly; let mixture return to boiling. Reduce heat
    DO NOT LIFT LID simmer 12 to 15 minutes.

I always double the recipe because they are not enough to suit us. Make sure you have enough liquid as they will absorb some of your gravy and I drop larger spoonfuls of dough to make them bigger. I usually cook for the 14 minutes. I like them cut with butter and gravy on them. You can also reheat in the microwave but they are much better the first time around.
    The recipe seems easy to make, I have to try this and see how the boys, young and old like it
    Last edited by SimplifiedMommyTips; Thu, Apr 4th, 2013 at 01:07 PM.

Trading Score
    260 (100%)

Hope the kiddos feel better soon.
    Thank you, yes they are much better now.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Spending the day just me and my littlest one. He's coming down with a cold, so I'd imagine will be taking some naps together!

My oldest seems to have broken his kindle. He's had it almost 2 yrs now. Since he's not sure how it broke, I think it's an innocent thing. It looks like the liquid in the screen broke? He loves that thing. He's got hundreds of dollars worth of books on it. Guess I'll be using my shopper's points this weekend to buy him a new one. My 11yr old (nearly 12) just loves to read. He can't get enough of it. (He read the entire Lord of the rings trilogy in 1 weekend!). So I can't deny him his kindle simply because it broke through what looks like no fault of his own.

Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread Information