User Tag List

Page 30 of 90 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast
Like Tree4771Likes

Thread: Spring into Savings - April Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Caseythegoalie View Post
    My son receives it. He has pretty low functioning autism and is without speech.
    There is also a diaper grant we receive twice per year $200 each time.
    I believe it goes up when he turns six.
    We didn't have too much trouble getting it, mostly just harassing the doctor to fill out the forms, etc. The govt did send a clarification letter, (really what is needed to clarify?!) which I had to chase the doctor to fill out.
    Then when you get approved you will need to re file your taxes for the affected years. Long process, but they will backpay you.
    Oh, I meant hearing impairment is ridiculously hard to get. I can't think of a single kid with autism who doesn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    Very happy that you are getting this. My son qualified all the way back to birth but when the child turns 12 (which he just did) you need to re-apply which is what we did and now based on the doctors input RC says he no longer qualifies. I've spoken with RC and they do not have any record of his learning dissabilities which some of them do qualify....so good grief why was he eligible up to November and not in December???? I have a request into the school who's hearing impairement teacher sent a letter to my son's audiologist inquiring as to wether an FM system would be beneficial and the audiologist gave the school a big yes....so he has an FM system, he is equipped with a laptop which he uses all day everyday at school with programs that assistant him. The resource teacher will provide me with a copy of the audiologist recommendation as well a letter stating that his 2 learning dissabilities and ADHD are present all of the time along with his IEP and IPRC and still holding my breath about the gp's secretary getting permission to write a letter on the same subject/matters.
    The audiologist report and FM recommendation won't mean anything for the hearing loss. Like I said, I am not as versed in the other aspects, but as an audiologist myself, I can assure you with 100% certainty that he absolutely doesn't qualify for hearing. It's pretty clear cut. It states....Your patient is considered
    markedly restricted in hearing if, all or substantially all of the time (at least 90% of the time), he or
    she is
    unable or takes an inordinate amount of time to hear so as to understand another person familiar with the patient, in a
    quiet setting, even with the use of appropriate devices.
    Notes
    Devices for hearing include hearing aids, cochlear implants, and other such devices.
    An
    inordinate amount of time means that hearing so as to understand takes three times the normal time required by an
    average person who does not have the impairment.
    Examples of markedly restricted in hearing:

Your patient must rely completely on lip reading or sign language, despite using a hearing aid, to understand a spoken
    conversation, all or substantially all of the time (at least 90% of the time).

In your office, you must raise your voice and repeat words and sentences several times, and it takes an inordinate amount
    of time for your patient to understand you, despite the use of a hearing aid.

Good luck with it all. I hope you can get it based on his learning disabilities and ADHD.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Thanks Insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Oh, I meant hearing impairment is ridiculously hard to get. I can't think of a single kid with autism who doesn't get it.

The audiologist report and FM recommendation won't mean anything for the hearing loss. Like I said, I am not as versed in the other aspects, but as an audiologist myself, I can assure you with 100% certainty that he absolutely doesn't qualify for hearing. It's pretty clear cut. It states....Your patient is considered
    markedly restricted in hearing if, all or substantially all of the time (at least 90% of the time), he or
    she is
    unable or takes an inordinate amount of time to hear so as to understand another person familiar with the patient, in a
    quiet setting, even with the use of appropriate devices.
    Notes
    Devices for hearing include hearing aids, cochlear implants, and other such devices.
    An
    inordinate amount of time means that hearing so as to understand takes three times the normal time required by an
    average person who does not have the impairment.
    Examples of markedly restricted in hearing:

Your patient must rely completely on lip reading or sign language, despite using a hearing aid, to understand a spoken
    conversation, all or substantially all of the time (at least 90% of the time).

In your office, you must raise your voice and repeat words and sentences several times, and it takes an inordinate amount
    of time for your patient to understand you, despite the use of a hearing aid.

Good luck with it all. I hope you can get it based on his learning disabilities and ADHD.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

I'm feeling so lazy today haven't gotten much done. The power was out for 1 hour so I tidied up my desk (coupons and junk all over it) atleast now I can shut the door and hide the laptop. I so don't feel like cooking tonight but take out is not an option .

I have paid off all the vet bills for Jasper and we have already paid for Chester but I now need to pay dh's lease lot for hunting which went up $200.00 this year, need to find $600.00 by May 1st for his lease eek!!!

Charlotte has been really depressed for the last 5 days she has finally realized that Jasper is not coming back or around and this also makes me sad .

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I just had to share this deal that jumped out at me. Some kind SCer has posted the Food Basics flyer for next week and they have Quaker granola bars on for 1.44. Pair that with buy three Quaker products, get free OJ and what a deal. I have 4 of these coupons and 12 boxes of granola bars don't last with two growing boys and their friends. Now that I know I can freeze those cartons of juice thanks to Jasperandchar I am so taking advantage of this deal.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Question of the Day!!!!

What do you purchase second hand (skies the limit) and where or how do you get these items?
    Behaviour therapist didn't show so I have some extra computer time teehee.
    I buy(and sell) kids clothing, shoes,etc.
    Pretty much everything except edibles!
    I prefer to buy second hand now unless I can get new as cheap.
    I belong to a few online mom groups to sell the name brand stuff, give away the non brand name stuff.
    I will be buying my next new-to-me vehicle used. Can't wait!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Inquiring minds want to know....

Do you bring your own bags while shopping? If not what or how do your re-purpose the plastic bags?
    Yes I do most of the time now. If they aren't the reusable kind (we have only about 4-5) I keep a wad of the shopping bags in the back of my car. They double for good poop bags too LOL.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Banana Bread
    --------------

1/2 c margarine
    1 c white sugar
    2 beaten eggs
    2 c flour
    1 t baking soda
    1/2 t salt
    2 or 3 mashed bananas
    1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup coconut
    (can add choc chips, but I don't like them although my son does)

Cream margarine and sugar, add eggs and mix.
    Fold in dry ingredients and mix well, then add bananas.
    Add nuts and coconut.

Put in greased loaf pan.
    Bake at 350 degrees 40 minutes, then cover with foil and bake another 10 to 15 minutes til toothpick inserted comes out clean.
    Cool in pan about 10 minutes, then remove to cool.
    Awesome thanks!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Anyone want to do a quick trade, I'm looking for the b3 Quacker get free juice if so pm me your wishlist.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I just had to share this deal that jumped out at me. Some kind SCer has posted the Food Basics flyer for next week and they have Quaker granola bars on for 1.44. Pair that with buy three Quaker products, get free OJ and what a deal. I have 4 of these coupons and 12 boxes of granola bars don't last with two growing boys and their friends. Now that I know I can freeze those cartons of juice thanks to Jasperandchar I am so taking advantage of this deal.
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Tue, Apr 9th, 2013 at 03:58 PM.
    YOU AND ME and macw1960 like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    For most things I just prefer buying new, so I have the receipt and can return it if needed.
    Edit here: yes! Insane DH will not let me buy used furniture because of the bed bug thing too.
    I forgot about that. I do need receipts because I am queen of returns.

Also, a friend of mine was affected by the bedbug thing. She bought one baby item and had to toss so many linens, clothes, and furniture that she said it was not worth the cost savings to purchase anything fabric. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke as well so if I pick up something I can't use, it's a waste, even if I'd spent less.

We do have a pre-loved solid pine dining table, which we sanded down and are planning to refinish. We paid nothing for it, so I didn't consider it as "buying" used.

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Thanks Insane!
    I only mention it so you don't chase your tail on the audiology part since it's not going to change anything.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

We really do not buy anything second hand at home. I would be interested in some second hand furniture I could make my own once I have my own place.

I know at work we buy second hand all the time, office furniture, racking for the warehouses.

Question of the Day!!!!

What do you purchase second hand (skies the limit) and where or how do you get these items?
    I do they are part of my coupon bag. The only time I do not use them is at Wal-Mart where you get bags for free, we use plastic bags here that can later be used at home as garbage bags.

Do you bring your own bags while shopping? If not what or how do your re-purpose the plastic bags?

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Update on things, I officially turned down the offer I was given at work. I was offered a chance to be branch manager at our new location, although the job intrigues me the location and the timing was not appealing. I really could not decide what to do so I sat down with my dad today and we had a nice long talk and we agreed I would turn down the job, but we did discuss that other opportunities may arise in the future and they know I am interested.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

DH just did our taxes this morning online

As students we're free, it was just a matter of actually getting around to it lol.....
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I have to get mine done, but made those arrangements today so just have to drop my stuff off tomorrow.

My taxes make me nervous, is it just me?????? Maybe it is because mine got messed up pretty bad one year and I was told I owed thousands of dollars which I did not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwen View Post
    DH just did our taxes this morning online

As students we're free, it was just a matter of actually getting around to it lol.....

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

Unless we have to walk (which actually is every single time now with no car since June lol) we don't usually bring them. Mostly because of forgetfulness. But mainly because we reuse the bags for garbage bags to hang on our mudroom door handle!

Question of the Day!!!!

Pretty much everything except mattresses / sheets / personal kind of stuff like that.

We got all our appliances on Kijiji (minus the washer which my parents ended up buying us last year after two kijiji purchases stopped working on us)...
    We bought our entire Ikea bedroom set on Kijiji (here's the bed but our set with dressers etc is the ligher wood colour, not black: http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/pr...62/#/S59931161 )
    Bought both kids' toddler beds on Kijiji (sold one today as Olivia is spoiled with our hand-me-down Queen now it's ridiculous lol)
    Bought our kitchen table, hutch, couch/char set, area rug, and playground set off Kijiji.
    Bought/traded phones on Kijiji a million times (DH is a geek and roots/jailbreaks/unlocks phones so he has a new one each month lol)
    Bought a Step 2 wagon (at Walmart it's currently $120 plus tax) yesterday for $30 delivered, sold our double stroller for $125 the day before that
    In the past (long ago) we have purchased laptops/tv's etc but luckily we haven't had to do that in a long while lol.
    Have even bought things like puzzles/toys/services people offer such as removal of appliances and helping fix things around the house
    Musical instruments (drums, both electric and acoustic)
    Tickets to a Centre in the Square performance for Kids (last year)
    Cars/vans (both of which we don't have now - the car we had for like 3 years... the van for like 2 weeks? lol got ripped huge on that one... that was back in June, haven't had a car since and that my friends is the BIGGEST money saver I've ever experienced; even bigger than couponing!!!)

Gosh the list goes on and on. Don't even get me started on what we've sold lol. All of the above PLUS more! We are obsessed with Kijiji and I often have to get mad at DH for wheeling and dealing DAILY (not kidding) for new gadgets lol.

...I like this tread!
    Last edited by Bronwen; Tue, Apr 9th, 2013 at 08:59 PM.
    Join me, and other women like YOU! BELIEVE & TRANSFORM is a community of positive, uplifting women who support and encourage each other with ZERO judgement!

We are women supporting women; moms helping moms. We are YOU. Join us today

Page 30 of 90 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast

Thread Information